How Long After You Began Vaping Did You Stop Using Analogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Withnail

Feb 26, 2009
I see alot of the little tickers on the bottom of peoples' posts that show their success. I was just wondering, how long after you started using your e-cig did you COMPLETELY give up the analogs? Was it days, weeks, or did you never pick up another analog after your first vaping session?

Just curious.....Thanks!

smoked my last analog the morning after i got the e-cig.

CssReb

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2009
USA, NYC
The day I ran out of analogs was the same day I started with e-cig. I havn't smoked an analog since (Jan. 17). I probably would have if I had any but I don't and will not buy any more.

Same here :thumbs:

Both me and the hubby started vaping December 28th, 08..

Edited:
I want to add that we were both a pack & half a day smokers for 15+ years
Newport

X2

Last edited:

Tone

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2009
LI NY
The day I got my e-cig, how I went about is was telling myself "self this is your new brand of cigs they dont make you brand anymore and if you want to smoke/vape then this is the only brand left on earth" and I have not had a real cig since. It can be a lil frustrating at times, these thing are not perfect but I believe this is my ONLY option and that has been getting through.

kk491745

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
San Marcos TX
My e cig came in on last friday and i have not yet completely quit analogs. I have cut down from about 20 to 15 but i have 6 cartons at home of analogs and just like them better. My problem in quitting is that i need a higher nic. amount and a better flavor in the liquid. I just need to try some e liquid that tastes like a cig and that gives me more throat feel and that just is more like a cig. If i find that i am sure that i can quit.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
The first week. The only reason I even had any the first week was because I was out drinking and thought I HAD to have a few analogs. I have no desire for an analog now though. I took a puff of a friends a couple of weeks ago and gagged. lol It is hard to believe, but they start to taste nasty after being off of them for a while. I really prefer vaping.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
The day I got my e-cig, how I went about is was telling myself "self this is your new brand of cigs they dont make you brand anymore and if you want to smoke/vape then this is the only brand left on earth" and I have not had a real cig since. It can be a lil frustrating at times, these thing are not perfect but I believe this is my ONLY option and that has been getting through.

That's good, Tone! I kind of told myself that THIS is my ONLY option! Analogs are no longer an option.

invidregis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2008
Chicago, USA
I went into this with the thought that I wasn't going to quit. I got my first device in early September, and a week to 10 days later I had my last analog, It went something like this. Day1=10 cigs, 7cigs, 3,3,3,1,1,1.... The analogs just started to taste awful. I still don't classify myself as an EX, and for me that helps. I have 2 full unopened packs of Marlboro's in the truck and have no desire to open them, Its been 6 months. I have my fingers crossed, because I did quit cold turkey for 3 years in the past. Now I have a son and want to see him grow up. I HAVE to do this for him.

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
Since receiving my 901s, I've probably had the equivalent of 2 or 3 cigarettes. I didn't truly want to smoke them, but I was trying to finish off the rest of my last pack. I couldn't finish a whole one, so I basically ended up smoking half of 4 or 5 cigarettes. The taste was just too much for me to stomach.

Since finishing that pack, I haven't even thought about buying more.

asidrave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2009
New Jersey
i had my last analog 20 minutes before i received my first e-cig...the DSE 901....about 10 days ago.

i still have 18 analogs of marlboro smooth pack on my shelf next to my desk...with the lighter..i took out of my pocket when i took my first vape.

no desire to even smoke them....i keep them there to remind me what i gave up..i will eventually throw them out...minus the lighter :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread