How long it take you to get blu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2009
(the closest thing in size and appearance to a Blu) and THERE is the catch! When your priority is "size & appearance" instead of performance and longevity, we are going in totally different directions.
So you're completely ignoring one of Blu's largest selling points (or the M402, for that matter).

It's kind of like berating someone who was on a waiting list for a Wii when Xbox 360's were readily available.

"Oh, you want to play motion-based games? Well, I guess if that's your kind of thing. But it'll never play Madden like my Xbox 360 does."

I have a PV that has batteries that last 7-8 hours before needing recharged; it has consistent, long lasting throat hit, hour after hour; you can drip on the atomizer all day long and never have liquid get into the battery compartment; it has batteries that cost $2 to replace instead of $15-$20 to replace; I don't have to carry or buy or charge a PCC because my batteries last 8 hours and are small enough that if I do need a second one it fits in my shirt pocket; and it has a manual switch so I get nice warm vapor because I can heat up the atomizer as long as I want.
That's great. Does it look and feel like a regular cigarette, and can it be carried around like a pack of cigarettes?

If you can't answer "yes", you're comparing apples to hammers for a lot of people.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to flame bait here. I'm 32 years old, married, with a kid, and I've been smoking since I was 15. Looking cool is pretty low on my list of priorities. But I'm not about to go around with some Bic pen in my mouth with a 50's looking case in one hand and a dropper bottle in my other hand.

Personally, I don't want something that screams "look at me!". I'm not interested in being a local PV ambassador. And really, that's the only reason I haven't gone with the M402. I can't find one in stock that isn't black with a strange gold dragon design on it.

The blu has a battery that last 1-2 hours; has mild to non-existent throat hit; has batteries that WILL get liquid in the battery compartment and kill the battery before long; has a 5 second cut-off on the inhale and then shuts off the power.
To me, though, these deficiencies aren't relevant.

I don't care how long the battery lasts, if I have two of them and a PCC. The reports on throat hit are quite varied. And when I'm paying $7.25/day for a pack of cigarettes, the cost of replacing batteries is negligible. I'm also not interested on inhaling anything for 5 seconds straight. If that's a requirement for mimicking a real cigarette, then the experience isn't similar enough for me.

I think there are components that a lot of PV users are really missing when they're talking to "real" cigarette smokers, and by and large, it's where Blu is hitting the mark reasonably well.

To switch from cigarettes, many regular smokers are going to want a product that:

1) Can be carried around like a pack of cigarettes.
2) Provides the same (or very similar) "buzz" from smoking a cigarette.
3) Looks and feels the same as a cigarette.
4) Has the same level of convenience as a cigarette.

The only not-Blu products I've seen that come close are the M501 with a PCC (which is perfect for 100 / 110 smokers, but strange for King smokers) and the M402 (which has no PCC available, from what I've seen from all of the vendors here).

Yeah, mine costs a little more but in the long run, with $2 batteries I get that back and have a great PV with no hassles. And everyone who has vaped more than 3 weeks uses liquid because it tastes much better, much greater variety and costs much less.
I think this really illustrates the point I'm trying to make.

Whichever model you have, we've established that it costs more, requires more maintenance (filling carts, as opposed to buying them pre-filled), and doesn't accurately replicate the full cigarette smoking experience.

Personally, I don't think my Blu is going to show up, and it's going to be something I'm using three months from now. Though, given their shipping "issues", I guess "I don't think my Blu is going to show up." is probably all I need to say. :D

But for what it costs, it's really the only viable way to check and see if using a PV is right for me. If I found a store that had the M402 for the same price, with a white battery, and a 30-day "no questions" return policy, I'd probably skip over the Blu and find some way to improvise on the PCC.

When my alternative is to invest about $65 shipped on an M402, $5 on some empty carts, and $15 on a single bottle of juice, I'm looking at an experiment that costs me return shipping with Blu, or $85 with anyone else.

I'm going in to this knowing that I will almost certainly replace the Blu with an M402, or send the Blu back and wait for the technology to improve. Again, my concern isn't with the overall cost. It's the "cost of entry" so to speak.

Seriously, though, if you (or anyone) knows of a place that has white M402's with a 30-day return policy, by all means, point me in their direction. I'm cool with blowing $20 on juice / carts and return shipping. I'm not going to lie... if the high nicotine Coke juice really tastes like Coke, I can see myself saying "screw it" and spending the entire day with one of those Bic pens ;)

Just my opinion.... shouldn't people that are new to ecigs take advice from people who have used many products and have experience?
Sometimes, sure. But there are a lot more "moving parts" with PV's and who should be using which one.

As someone who smokes a pack of strong regular cigarettes a day, I'm not sure advice about "the best PV ever" from someone who used to smoke a few menthol lights is going to help much. Just as my eventual advice to someone who has never smoked and wants to vape non-nicotine Red Bull flavored juice isn't going to be useful.

Terraphon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ, USA
I was a 1-1.5 pack per day Marlboro Red 100 smoker for 21 years.

I now carry a 510 manual with PCC, in black, with a blue LED, Black 901 with blue LED and an Evo at all times and have a black 801 that I use on a regular basis as well.

I'm also thinking about a kissbox equivalent and some manual batteries for my 801 and 901.

You'll find VERY quickly that "look and feel" mean squat...Just like everyone else that thought they were important in the beginning. The things that matter become more apparent once you're into the vaping thing for a while.

(Also, an Evo with the mighty atom battery (White 402) lasts 5-6 hours per battery per charge and they charge from dead to full on USB in 15 minutes so...a PCC means diddly with those)

www.intellicig.com

You'll learn, though. Let us know when you get a 510, an 801 or a mod.

Willowsong

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2009
City of Lost Angels
I think it is important, for it to look and feel as much like an analog as possible, for those that are new, that feel it's important. They are much more likely to stick with it - and the vaping learning curve, if it meets those needs. If it does - and they feel comfortable with and appreciate their introduction, chances are they will move on to the next thing - which will most likely address things like cart size, and battery life.

I'd have never have tried this with a mod style device or a pen. I got just what I needed from blu. A good introduction to a viable option. Now the habit is a hobby - and I can really appreciate the 510s I have...and am just waiting for the mod style.

I'm grateful to have found this alternative.

I ordered mine on 5/29 and received mine 6/10. Definitely worth the wait! I am so happy with my blucig! I am a new e-cig smoker as I only heard about them for the first time in my life about a month ago. I immediately went online and purchased the e-health cigs - big mistake. After doing some research I found that the blucigs were the way to go for me. Easy to set up, the price was right, and despite the wait, I have seen so many great reviews from people that use them. I have only been smoking a couple of analogs per day since I got my blu and hope to fully quit within the next few weeks :)

Last edited:

akovor

May 24, 2009
Apparently Blu is out of stock
I have been a proponent of electric cigarettes since day one and when I found out about Blu, I was impressed. They came on very strong and at first had stock but all of a sudden, orders began to pend and some were canceled. I think everyone understands the pressure the electric cigarette market is under and maybe some communication on their part would help alleviate some tension

eagleeyes

Jun 15, 2009
Apparently Blu is out of stock
I have been a proponent of electric cigarettes since day one and when I found out about Blu, I was impressed. They came on very strong and at first had stock but all of a sudden, orders began to pend and some were canceled. I think everyone understands the pressure the electric cigarette market is under and maybe some communication on their part would help alleviate some tension

Blu isn't out of stock, right now they are backlogged. When the first rush of orders came in they did not expect such a high surge of customers and a back order began. Since the beginning of last week they got a new shipment in but are trying to catch up on all of the orders made.

Personally I do not understand why it is taking so long for them to get it together. If I was the owner I would hire temp's and outside help just to get caught up on all of the orders.

I myself am new to vaping and saw a blu add on a torrenting site and was curious. I did a lot of research about e-cig's themselves and ordered a blu starter kit. Since ordering I have been on these forums and read a lot of reviews of many other e-cigs and am quite frustrated with blu only because of their customer service and disorganization. I ordered my Blu on June 9th, a full week from today and am itching to get mine.

The ONLY reason that I have yet to cancel my order and order a 510 is because I do not have a lot of money right now being a poor college student and the deal that blu is giving is too good to pass up. $59 dollars plus free shipping for the whole starter kit, a PCC charger and full carton of carts is the best deal I see right now. Not to mention the size of the blu is great.

I have researched the 510 and most prices are around 50 - 59 for a starter kit with 1 charger and 5 carts. The PCC for the 510 is another 25 dollars. The cheapest is from ruyan wich is $34 dollars where I could order the starter kit plus a 30mL buttle of juice for around the same price of the blu(excluding the 12 dollar shipping). I have been so tempted to just cancel my order but from ruyan it is also another possble 10 day wait which I do not feel like waiting for.

If I could go back to last week when I ordered initially I probably would have just ordered a 510 from somewhere else... but as you see I've waited a week already I might as well stick it out another week and get the whole package.

Twinkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2009
Just another thought to toss on the pile...

I'm getting tired of waiting for my Blu to show up. For what it's worth, I ordered on 06/02, and I'm still stuck "Pending".

I'm ready to spend a little more for an M402, understanding that it isn't going to be as convenient, and I'm not going to have a PCC.

The list of vendors is extensive... but finding one that has the M402 at a reasonable price and high nicotine juice seems to be an exercise in futility.

Of course, going with multiple vendors is an option, but once you factor in S&H from three or four different sites, the price starts creeping up quickly. I understand that customs is being less than helpful, and that most (if not all) of the vendors would love to be a one-stop shop if they could get the inventory. That doesn't change the fact that starting out with a small PV is a serious pain.

kylewinther

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Walrus
  • Reason: Inappropriate post

palermo45

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2009
www.nicapure.com
Hey, I'm all ears here.

You tell me where I can get an M402 (the closest thing in size and appearance to a Blu) with an extra battery, PCC, and 25 cartridges for $60 shipped to my door by the end of the week, and I'll buy it right now.

M402's in stock @ www.nic-assist.com for $49 + shipping. They have them in all black and all white and each kit has dual colored LED's,,,

Twinkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2009
M402's in stock for $49 + shipping. They have them in all black and all white and each kit has dual colored LED's,,,
I ended up giving up on my PCC dream, and bought an M402 with a spare atomizer from Litecig USA for $45.95 :D

I ordered yesterday, and it's looking like I'll get it on my doorstep tomorrow or Friday, which is pretty much flooring me after my Blu experience.

LockMD

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
Ordered blu on 5-31 and just today the order is flagged as shipped.

You know Twinkie - Shawn has another great model (if you're interested in having other models) I'll have 4 once blu gets here LOL

But he has the VX2 - PCC cases and manual batts too that was my actual first e-cig my others are 402 and 510. The VX2 has the most vapor of all of them. Just FYI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread