The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How long it take you to get blu?

Discussion in 'Blu Electronic Cigarettes' started by zaden, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. cekte

cekte Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2009
    Oregon
    My blu just arrived for review this AM (6/17). I most recently had received notice that it would be leaving the building on 6/10. Though I had been in contact since early/mid May. They were backlogged then..

2. palermo45

palermo45 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 4, 2009
    It is illegal for BLU to tell customers a product is in stock when it is not. They will be out of business very soon!!! I can bet that they have had shipments detained and are just collecting peoples money while trying to get more product in. You make money if it works out, but when it doesn't you are then sol.

3. Twinkie

Twinkie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2009
    Lying to a customer is not inherently illegal when you don't have an explicit contract.

And, Blu isn't charging credit cards before shipment. So, it isn't as though they're sitting on a pile of cash.

4. SS109

SS109 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2009
    Marana, AZ - USA
    Yep, good reason to come in and spam your stuff, huh?

5. Drewsworld
    This message by Drewsworld has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Jun 18, 2009, Reason: Inappropriate post.
    Jun 18, 2009
  6. TheIllustratedMan

TheIllustratedMan Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    Upstate, NY
    Ordered 6/1, supposedly shipped today (6/18). Now it'll be a race between this and my 401 to see which arrives first.

7. lela82

lela82 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 13, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Mine is saying shipped as well. I ordered on 6/1 too! I live one town over from their shipping warehouse so I am guessing mine will come tomorrow or Sat.

I will post a review after I spend some time with my Blu.......

8. BreakTheHabit

BreakTheHabit New Member

Jun 18, 2009
    I ordered 5/29, Still Pending.

I'll hold out until the 30 day mark at least, then I may move to something else.

9. Nikko Daniels

Nikko Daniels Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2009
    Akron, Ohio -USA
    I just spoke to a very nice Customer Service representative.

They were not and are not, in fact, out of stock. They have piles and piles of them in the warehouse still and just don't have enough people to fill the shipping boxes fast enough and keep track of all the shipments.

They have received literally THOUSANDS of orders. Not hundreds, but THOUSANDS. They are hiring LOTS of people to fill orders, or so I was told, but it still isn't enough.

Apparently they judged the potential demand based on the sales of other popular models that weren't marketed anything like what Blu initiated. BIG mistake. Hopefully they will recover from this setback and approach things more carefully.

Meanwhile my order from May 30 is STILL "Pending".... :mad:

Oh well....:sleep:

10. TRS1988

TRS1988 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Feb 23, 2009
    30th of may and recieved it june 18th. and i live in fayetteville nc, theyre based in charlotte nc. lol.

but im super happy with it. so it was worth the wait.

11. LockMD

LockMD Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 10, 2009
    ordered 5-31 received today - didnt like the prefilled carts or maybe I didnt wait long enough but I pulled the foil off rinsed the filling and added my own juice -- me like!!

12. david50

david50 Moved On

Jun 20, 2009
    i cant belive how long it is taking to get these things. i orderd it on june 1st and still pending. how have some people here recived it already i have no idea and because i live in canada it is gonna take another 10 bussines days. so that means even if it gets shipped monday that is a 1 month and 1 week wait.. so stupid. The wait time is so long that i realized i would have to place an order for cartriges before i even get to try the product. be prepaired to wait everyone good luck

13. david50

david50 Moved On

Jun 20, 2009
    ps anyone who has these please remark on the taste of the flavors

14. DarkriftX

DarkriftX Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 20, 2009
    Queen Creek Arizona
    I have been so excited since the day I ordered mine, but now I am starting to worry. I ordered mine monday night (14th I think) and it looks like I will not receive it till July. I hope they hire a group of people and start pushing these things out faster. I am wondering of the president of the company (Jason Healy) has seen these forums and sees how this backorder/backlog/lack of informing customers of it is hurting his company. I am sure putting a notice on the site pre-order confirmation would cause sales to go down a bit, but honesty will keep long term customers better. From some emails back and forth with him about affiliate rules he seems like a really nice guy who is probably just dumbstruck with the sudden rush.

I have a question while I am at it. Does anyone here know if there is any liquid that can produce colorless vapor? I am thinking my work might not like me sitting at my desk blowing out smoke, be it fake or not.

15. DarkriftX

Jun 20, 2009
    Queen Creek Arizona
    Reading a lot more reviews and talking to some of the people on the forums chatbox, I decided to cancel my blu and go with a 510. The owner of RockyMountainVapor helped me 1 on 1 to pick the package I needed (with some extra liquid) and setup my order. It came out to about a dollar more than the blu, but he almost promised I would have it by wednesday or thursday this week. I do not think I could beat that deal so I took him up on it. Was nice to have someone who can take the time out to walk you through an order, big or small.

16. Twinkie

Twinkie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2009
    Is that an apples-to-apples, where you got the PCC, too?

If so, I may just pick that up myself.

17. DarkriftX

Jun 20, 2009
    Queen Creek Arizona
    No, but I think I will do fine without it. I am rarely away from electricity of some sort and I will have 2 batteries. The guy who helped me said it will be about 2 hours of smoking per battery, and with me smoking about 1/2 to 1 pack a day, I think it will work for me. I also got a lot more liquid than I think I would have gotten from the blu carts. Blu was nice and easy to deal with on the cancellation of my order and gave me no hassle.

18. getyours

getyours Unregistered Supplier

Jun 21, 2009
    I work in the call center for blu...we just started with this product a couple months ago and go BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER!!...Very unexpected response...imagine how my days have been since this product dropped...its a nice product though if you can allow the shipping dept to catch up I think its worth it...

19. DarkriftX

Jun 20, 2009
    Queen Creek Arizona
    Yeah, I do not fully blame them for the problems, but I do hold them responsible for the lack of communication ("sold out" before you place your order). I still think the blu kit might have been my best starting point, but I cannot handle waiting 3 weeks. From what everyone said, the 510 is generally peoples next stepping stone, so I will just have a head start.

getyours, you should show this forum to your president and let him know that he might be doing more damage to his company than good by letting people order thinking they will get product fast. First impressions are the most important.

20. Nunya32

Nunya32 Full Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I ordered, & after two weeks/10 business days, & then being told to wait another 3 to 4 days to "check back", I canceled. I recieved an order from China in a week, & one from the UK in less than a week. I am only a few states away from Blu & couldn't get an estimate after two full weeks. Sad. I really liked their the looks of their kit. I have got a lot friends looking into buying a kit. Guess where they won't be buying from? Sorry Blu, you need to quit taking orders until you can supply them. People like me won't be back, ever. I wish you the best of luck.

21. chance

chance Full Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2009
    Ordered the starter kit on 6-6 and my status is still pending. I also had another friend who ordered a starter kit on 6-10 and is pending as well. We know someone who has the Blucigs and had the opportunity to try it, that is the only reason I placed my order. I understand that the response is more than anticipated but I'm curious as of to what the turn around time will be for future orders. I'm thinking once I go through the first few cartridges, if I like it then I will place an oder for 4 cartons, 2 atomizers and an extra battery just to stock pile up on supplies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.