How long it take you to get blu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkriftX

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2009
Queen Creek Arizona
I am guessing the majority of those who actually wait for their blu either do not know about this place (and that there are hundreds of options) or assume other places will take just as long. I found a company that is almost local (1 state away) who should have my kit to my the middle of this week. I would urge those who just ordered and found out about this forum to take a look at some of the other suppliers and maybe chat with other forum members or read about others experiences with other kits. I ordered a 510 kit with 30ml of liquid to start off with. Yes, I will be missing the PCC, but I already found a few other suppliers who have them that I can order from if need be. The way I look at it, the 2 weeks I am saving at $6.5 a day more than pay for the price of the PCC I have to buy. I also hear that most users eventually move from these nice pretty starter kits like blu to a more solid device like the 510 (no experience personally, this is from talking to a few in the forum chat box) eventually.

Focke

Jun 24, 2009
Hey folks.. new here & signed up to get a clue as to what is the situation with Blu's 'back log' dibacle. Anyhow, as of yesterday i had my order still pending and it was placed on 6/4. Site is down at the moment so i couldn't check todays status just yet. talked to customer service through their online chat last friday and they were of no help. Basically they told me what the website already had; 'you are showing as pending. cant tell you when it is going to be shipped, etc' Ah well...

Atomicmonky

Jun 13, 2009
I ordered my Blu Cig Starter Kit on June 8th. The website said 5 days ship for USA and 10 days ship for Canada. When I placed my order, the customer service rep told me ten days.

Yesterday, and Today, I've had the pleasure of dealing with the lovely Ms. Taylor at Blu customer service. I asked her to contact the order fulfillment center to tell them to put a rush on it as I've been without smokes and going insane. She said no. That she couldn't do that because I'm not "specialer" than anybody else. "Specialer? Jaysus.

Not to bore you guys with the gory details, but she said that there's no hold up because of the FDA tampering with shipments. That they have plenty of supply, but that they weren't prepared for the overwhelming demand, that they don't guarantee 10 days; that it says so on the blu-cig website, blablablablabla.

I asked for a Supervisor, since she's the 4th person I've had to deal with since I placed my order. Or has it been her all along? I've lost track.

Today, I just didn't feel like dealing redundant assurance that my order is pending. I can see that with my own eyeballs. I insisted on a Sup. She said that they were in a meeting for an hour. And she said they were only going to tell me the same thing she's telling me. In other words, NOTHIN.

I called 2 hours later. She said no sups were available. I asked that she put her headphones down and go track one down for me. She said she's not allowed to leave her desk.

I told her to stop saying what she can't do for me and start doing what she can. That led into another conversation of how I'm not "any more specialer than other clients." Then that led into her "there's no delivery guarantee and it sez so in the small web print on the Blu-Cig website" spiel.

I told her that it's very misleading to advertise the product as available when it is in fact back ordered. That all this time I could have ordered my first e-cig from somewhere else instead of dealing with a company who doesn't think I'm any "specialer" than the next "unspecialer" sucka mc that places an order with them.

I asked again for a Sup. she put the phone down for a while, came back and said she couldn't find him. I asked for a Supervisor's name. She said she couldn't give it. I asked who owned the company, she said, "Jason Hiley." I asked for her to have him send me a pack from his own private collection. That because of my loyalty to the product, I didn't search elsewhere. And that the very least she could do is get me a freaking supervisor. She said nope.

I told her to have sup or the owner email or call me. She said nope. I asked if she had the email to the fulfillment center. She said she did, but that "I'm not specialer....blablablaba... and I'm not going to do that ma'am." Specialer? ---Er? Really. So I said, "I'm going to 'axe' you now to get me a supervisor."

She said, "Please hold." And of course, her finger slipped over the release button.

And...I can't login to see if my order shows pending. Something tells me Ms. Taylor had the last laugh and changed my password. Sigh. I will 'AXE' her about it tomorrow to see if I can get "specialer" treatment from a supervisor.

UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE.

I'm kinda dissapointed they don't think I'm "specialer."

I bought a pack of cigs today. I feel bad. sigh....

Should I cancel?

Twinkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2009
Should I cancel?
No.

If your story is true, you're far too unreasonable to be foisted on any of the polite vendors that can be found throughout the forums.

There are people who ordered in late May who still haven't received their orders yet. So calling up Blu with "I AM VERY IMPORTANT AND I DON'T CARE WHERE I AM IN THE QUEUE! GET ME YOUR MANAGER AND TELL HIM A V-I-P IS ON THE LINE!" is kind of ridiculous.

I'm not making any excuses for their obvious incompetence. But "specialer" or "more special", either way, you're not. You're someone with sixty bucks that spends as well as anyone else's sixty bucks.

3characters+

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
I asked for her to have him send me a pack from his own private collection.

Priceless. :)

I know some of you have a vested interest here and some are just nice people that want to give a company reasonable benefit of the doubt, but, and this is JMO, but I just don't believe the back order bit for one second. Taking orders that one does not have in stock, putting off customers with the same kind of spin Atomicmonky got is a way to squeeze out ever dollar possible from your customers.

If I had a business and was suddenly inundated with orders, I'd be thrilled to hire some more help. It's a real simple fix and that way the company doesn't have to suffer getting a bad name. Hiring is such a simple and easy solution, it just doesn't make sense to me why they don't do it. What does make sense is that is only an excuse.

Still looking for my dream PV, but I've lost all interest in the blu.

Twinkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2009
I know some of you have a vested interest here and some are just nice people that want to give a company reasonable benefit of the doubt, but, and this is JMO, but I just don't believe the back order bit for one second.
Same here. "We have a warehouse full of them, but we just can't get them out the door!" is absurd.

Assuming it took a person a minute to box and label something (which is actually not very fast in a shipping department), and assuming that person works 9 - 5 and takes an hour lunch... You're looking at about 420 shipments per person, per day.

Given the economy, you could hire temporary workers on a 1099 basis (so, very, very limited accounting and tax overhead) and pay them minimum wage.

At that pace, you're looking at a raw labor cost of $0.12 per shipment.

Let's say the person's really slow and takes twice as long. That's still less than a quarter per shipment.

And no, liability insurance does not scale higher when you have a small flock of temps coming in to reduce back pressure.

Taking orders that one does not have in stock, putting off customers with the same kind of spin Atomicmonky got is a way to squeeze out ever dollar possible from your customers.
Not sure what you mean here.

Blu puts a hold on the card, but they don't actually get the money until the charge is processed and they've sent the item. It isn't as though they're getting any financial benefit out of not shipping orders. The credit card holds aren't paying interest.

3characters+

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Not sure what you mean here.

I mean, doesn't matter if they take the money out, they still have the customer on the hook of sorts and they are very aware that they can fast talk their way into keeping the money, at least the ones that will allow it (no offense to those who are awaiting their product. Read the thread and you'll see what I mean.

On the hiring, you haven't said a thing that make me feel any differently. I'd still hire in a heartbeat.

DaBrat

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Back end of GA
www.myspace.com
LOL I guess I OD'd on the whole Bernie Madoff thing. The fact that the product is not in stock or backlogged as they like to say, the fact that this is not upfront like EVERY other shopping site on the web (even those homemade looking ones) and the fact that they even HAVE my CC info after all of the above made me a bit nervous. Especially after being told that EVERYTHING they have is in the same backorder status even replacement cartridges. Something in the milk just ain't right.

Site has been offline all afternoon, initially there was a maintenance notification but now there's not even that. I am curious to see if what they are doing is updating the product to read something like 'Not currently available'.

I agree with the poster who said that the CSRs are basically telling you what they are told to say. They have no idea as they have probably not even SEEN the warehouse and most CSR responses are scripted nowadays lots even work from home which would explain a lack of supervisor.

I am holding off on the BLU until they have surplus.....lol. That being said I will probably be buying another unit for my nic free vapes.

DaBrat

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
Back end of GA
www.myspace.com
I just called them. Thay said that my order on 06-04 would be send by 07-04. She then told me that it was because they didn't have enough people in the shipping department. what is the average wait? I got a buddy that ordered his on 06-02 and got his over a week ago.

Not sure Duke. I know I wasn't patient enuff or trusting enuff with all the FDA stuff going on to believe that they could fill my order. So they gave you 10 days before they would ship? Kewl. Let me know how that works out.

Atomicmonky

Jun 13, 2009
No.

If your story is true, you're far too unreasonable to be foisted on any of the polite vendors that can be found throughout the forums.

There are people who ordered in late May who still haven't received their orders yet. So calling up Blu with "I AM VERY IMPORTANT AND I DON'T CARE WHERE I AM IN THE QUEUE! GET ME YOUR MANAGER AND TELL HIM A V-I-P IS ON THE LINE!" is kind of ridiculous.

I'm not making any excuses for their obvious incompetence. But "specialer" or "more special", either way, you're not. You're someone with sixty bucks that spends as well as anyone else's sixty bucks.

Well, Twinkie, I don't think it's unreasonable to want to speak to someone who can actually tell me where I am in the queue; do you?

As a customer, I have been waiting 13 business days and I want to know what's up with my order. I asked the rep to inquire about it, but she said I'm not "specialer" than anybody else.

I don't know about you, but I'm wondering what kind of an operation they they're running. At the very least, they should hire trained reps that don't blantantly tell customers they aren't "specialer" enough to inquire further as to the status of their order.

Polite vendors? Getting the run around and being made to believe the orders are readily available on the website and when you phone in your order isn't polite. That is deceiving. Having to deal with a Rep who doesn't know anything except what she's been trained to say, like a parrot and who serves as a guard dog to prevent you from inquiring further from someone who does know about the status of your order, does not a polite vendor make.

While I do feel for the people that ordered in May and still haven't had their orders filled, I'm ...... that my friends, who placed their order the day after I did, got their Blu cigs; but I didn't. And all customers with 60 bux are special. They're not just "someone with sixty bucks that spends as well as anyone else's sixty bucks" as you phrased it. They don't have to purchase from Blu, and shouldn't be given the run around.

I care about the product I ordered and what I was promised. Should I not inquire from the fulfillment center when exactly my order will be shipped out or how far along I am in the que just because others are further along in the fulfullment process than I am? :confused:

smallfacey

Jun 25, 2009
It's kind of funny that some people are getting actual information from certain Blu customer service people. I called today and asked what order date they were currently shipping for (i ordered on 6/9) and the representative told me they had no way of knowing that. When i informed her i had read online that they were shipping for a certain date she scoffed at this, saying they had no way of knowing. Seriously, what is up with this company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread