How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantedview

Mar 25, 2010
N/A
Hi, I am realitively new to the Forum. I have been having a hard time coming off analog light (but the Forum is really helping me)... anyway, I recently found that a good compromise is using lamp oil (trustafar84's drip method) on a AltLight Alladin310. My question is, is it safe to use oils that are not marked "ultrapure" if I cannot find any high grade oil in my area? Also, does any one know if buying oil from China is safe? I don't want to start a patriotic (flame) war, but I just don't know if I want to risk my health to save a few bucks and I have heard that in China they don't regulate the use of Botulinum in their oils. Thanks All!

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
Hi, I am realitively new to the Forum. I have been having a hard time coming off analog light (but the Forum is really helping me)... anyway, I recently found that a good compromise is using lamp oil (trustafar84's drip method) on a AltLight Alladin310. My question is, is it safe to use oils that are not marked "ultrapure" if I cannot find any high grade oil in my area? Also, does any one know if buying oil from China is safe? I don't want to start a patriotic (flame) war, but I just don't know if I want to risk my health to save a few bucks and I have heard that in China they don't regulate the use of Botulinum in their oils. Thanks All!
China oil is perfectly safe. The tiny amount of rat poison they found in that one sample is completely safe and is also found in analog bulbs. Have you tried the blacklight poster mod yet?

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Hi Cantedview,

I shouldn't worry too much about the botulinum in Chinese oils. Botox treatments are proving very popular for those who hanker after the "surprised" look, and as for death - well, we all have to die of something.

The most important thing to remember is never to hide your lamp under a bushel. This can have unpleasant repercussions.

cantedview

Mar 25, 2010
N/A
China oil is perfectly safe. The tiny amount of rat poison they found in that one sample is completely safe and is also found in analog bulbs. Have you tried the blacklight poster mod yet?

No, if you had read my post, you would understand that I have not yet gone fully electric yet. I will keep it in mind though. Do you have a link that I can follow to see this? I would look in the mod section of the Forum, but I don't know how do use the computer for that... also I can't seem to find the CTRL+F key on my keyboard.

Many thanks, cV

Mac

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
All up in your grill..
No, if you had read my post, you would understand that I have not yet gone fully electric yet. I will keep it in mind though. Do you have a link that I can follow to see this? I would look in the mod section of the Forum, but I don't know how do use the computer for that... also I can't seem to find the CTRL+F key on my keyboard.

Many thanks, cV
The ctrlF key is right next to the any key. Although the modders gaurd their secrets carefully here is a website selling a similar mod openly. Enjoy! LSERE3G - Ribbon Electra Lamp

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
cyanide_black - sorry about your marshmellow mod creating such a sticky situation for you.

You might disassemble your bulb and scoop out the marshmallow, add graham-crackers and hersheys chocolate from Perfumers Apprentice and use it that way.
Sometimes a slow burn first will be of some benefit.

I can't believe you would choose Marshmallow over peanut butter, but to each their own.

Bulb On!!!!

marty_j35

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Topeka,Kansas,USA
e-liquid8.com
  • Deleted by Lightgeoduck
  • Reason: OT post

bobtow

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Wallaceburg ON. Canada

bobtow

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2009
Wallaceburg ON. Canada

markule

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Iowa, USA

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
cyanide_black - sorry about your marshmellow mod creating such a sticky situation for you.

You might disassemble your bulb and scoop out the marshmallow, add graham-crackers and hersheys chocolate from Perfumers Apprentice and use it that way.
Sometimes a slow burn first will be of some benefit.

I can't believe you would choose Marshmallow over peanut butter, but to each their own.

Bulb On!!!!

I don't know what either one of you is thinking. Everyone knows if you really want the best filler for your bulb you'll get fresh molasses.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't know what either one of you is thinking. Everyone knows if you really want the best filler for your bulb you'll get fresh molasses.

It really is a matter of taste in light quality, isn't it.

If you are indeed content to be "slow as molasses" then of course one would choose molasses. However, I prefer the smell of fresh roasted peanuts, so of course I would choose that.

To be fair, I did try your molasses bulb mod and it was just too dark...maybe for the nightbulb but in daylight, it was a little less illuminating than even the burnt marshmellow.

:thumbs: Lighten up, Thyestean. :D :hubba: ;)

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If we spill ejuice on a light bulb, will we get a proper th?

No, that hasn't been my experience.

However, if the light is on for awhile, you do get some great vapour, especially if you are using the premier electric juice distilled from the ocean water near San Onofre. I think it's called Atomic Something or Other.

Bulb On!!!!

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
It really is a matter of taste in light quality, isn't it.

If you are indeed content to be "slow as molasses" then of course one would choose molasses. However, I prefer the smell of fresh roasted peanuts, so of course I would choose that.

To be fair, I did try your molasses bulb mod and it was just too dark...maybe for the nightbulb but in daylight, it was a little less illuminating than even the burnt marshmellow.

:thumbs: Lighten up, Thyestean. :D :hubba: ;)

gotta give credit where it is due....

the whole thing was amusing but the closing line was the icing on the cake

youarethewoman.gif

:D

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
gotta give credit where it is due....

the whole thing was amusing but the closing line was the icing on the cake

youarethewoman.gif

:D

If you think I have anything to do with the icing on the cake then you are the rest of the cake, the plate, the table, the silverware, and the spotlight. (i only added spotlight to make certain I kept "on topic" with this thread).
You are one funny laddie with endless resources in pics and graphics and comments. (whew!!!!!)
I'm now turning off the molasses, marshmallow, and peanutbutter light mod and going to bed.

Last edited:

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
If you think I have anything to do with the icing on the cake then you are the rest of the cake, the plate, the table, the silverware, and the spotlight. (i only added spotlight to make certain I kept "on topic" with this thread).
You are one funny lady with endless resources in pics and graphics and comments. (whew!!!!!)
I'm now turning off the molasses, marshmallow, and peanutbutter light mod and going to bed.

lady????

LADY??????????????????????????

shocked.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread