How many people have you

Status
Not open for further replies.

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
One. My brother-in-law had a cig-a-like with pre-filled carts he never used and I introduced him to my Riva ( eGo clone ). He ordered a kit and hasn't smoked a cigarette since. The battery life and consistency of cartomizers, as well as the liquid options, won him over.

Both my mother and brother have bought starter kits after seeing my brother-in-law and I do so well, but neither of them gave it a try beyond a few puffs. My brother has severe anxiety and couldn't get over the fact that liquid sometimes leaks. Even though he is a very heavy smoker, he has a deathly fear of nic poisoning - from a few drops of 18 mg liquid :confused:

I have 3 other in-laws that have seen me not smoke in nearly 2 years, but they won't even take one puff off my PV. I keep trying to win them over with the cost factor. Somehow, my sister-in-law thinks $40-$60 for a starter kit is far too expensive, though she buys Newports at $5 a pack every single day...:blink:

I don't push it, though. I don't want to be the annoying person telling everyone cigarettes are bad for them as though they don't already know.

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
My first one started with an ego and has now stopped smoking and vaping completely. My 2nd has gone a whole week on just an ego and is really enjoying it. I'm going to introduce him to VV when he is ready. I live in a very small town and the only vapors I know are the ones I got started. My 2nd hopeful is going to get his mom an ego kit and has a couple of friends that are interested so I'm stoked. :D

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I think I finally got my mother talked into it. I will probably have to keep her cartos filled for her but I don't care. I just know she will feel so much better and lose that awful cough!

Told her just to start using it at home and just smoke at work. I hope she does like me and lose the taste of real cigs...I feel its a great accomplishment seeing she won't even learn how to text!

FL0OD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Four so far in the past two months. Three co workers and a close friend. The co workers saw that I quit and started vaping and knew I smoked all the time. They figured if I could do it, they could too. All the positives that come with vaping over analogs sold them. We are one big vaping family at work and home now.:thumbup:

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Got another one tonight! We had a belated Christmas gift exchange and I got my BF an ecig starter kit. She looooooves it! So much so that she took one of my batteries home with her because hers wasn't charged yet. The Serendipity juice from iVape.net is really good, like a watermelon jolly rancher. Yum. Note to self- charge batteries for gift recipients or they'll take your stuff.lol

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Thirty-one, if I count the several that were battling the cig-look-alike or C-tank frustrations.

Methodology - Just vaping my PV out and about, awaiting questions. I don't 'recruit'. Plus, da 'word' does get around! One young gent was so impressed, he asked for four more setups for his parents and couple o' buds.

Setups Provided - 3.7V eGo kits with eMDCCs. A few have moved on to clearomizers and/or carto tanks. The majority are still with the orig configuration. I'm now recommending the Twist/Spinner in lieu of the ol' eGo batts.

Very personally rewarding hobby!
thumbsup.gif

BrianG

Verified Member
Dec 25, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I can't stop talking about ecigs to all my friends that still use analogs.

When ever I get a new a e-liquid flavor I always offer a taste and I love watching the "wide eyed surprised" look on their face after they have tried it.

I haven't officially helped anybody switch over to vaping but I'm sure I've influenced a lot people to this great alternative :)

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
Curious. Are you saying helping is a job? Or are you saying you don't seek converts? Personally, I don't consider it a job and I don't care if anyone continues smoking... its their life... but when a friend/family member shows an interest I help them the same as I would if their interest was in the new shoes I was wearing... "got em here, come in these colors, paid this much, really help my back, etc."
Yeah, my take on this too.

stl1969

May 24, 2012
St. Louis
I've got 1. I was smoking my E-cig at a family function back in October. My girlfriend's nephew was asking about it then hit me up on Facebook and I told him about the gear I was using (Ego C Twist with cartomizers), and of course I gave him the link to this forum.

Just saw him at Christmas and he is completely off cigs and down to 0 nic! Actually doing better than I am (stuck at 12mg)! His wife is expecting a baby so he needed to quit and said it was really easy.

He said he tried some crappy gas station brand awhile back and it didn't work for him.

If only more people knew about this forum, huh?

gh0zt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Two co-workers that were my smoking partners. I walked in one day with my measly 510 kit and said I was quitting. They didn't try mine, but were interested so they did their own research. I advised them to look into the Provari if they wanted to start off with some quality gear. Two weeks later we all had Provari Minis.

KryssLe123

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
IA - USA
I have successfully converted 2 people. EVERYONE asks me about my setup just because of the way the mod looks (provari style Telescope, with AGA-S all shiny). I would totally start a vape store, if it were feasible for me. There's just so much I don't know. I should become an affiliate with someone though with the amount of people I've given lengthy tutorials and beginner setup advice to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread