How many years have you been vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Just over a decade for me and at 48yo I'm the fittest and healthiest I've ever been... No side effects from vaping at all, I'm a MTL 10.5watt user, currently on 3mg/ml 50/50 juice...
Happy 10th anniversary!
Me more or less the same but on and off. No cough for me when vaping, but alergies galore. Problem for me are very dry environments, my lungs don't like that. Vaping keeps my lungs hydrated.

11 years this past april
its been a wild ride, back when i started with had joye stick style ecigs and then the big advancement in tech came out with a PCC case, then we got one of the first mods the "screwdriver", one of the biggest tech improvments back then was those things you plug into the usb port to vape without batteries those were huge
then the mega joye stick and then we got 6 volt vaping and stacked batteries were a thing for awhile ( sounds dangerous now days )
and finally eventually we got the first multi voltage ecigs but no lcd screens just a different LED color for each voltage lol
then we got the ecigs we know today, somewhere in there is provari's and GG mechs ( god those were expensive )
the original atomizer tanks, those sucked , then cartomizer tanks ( those were better ) and now rebuildables

the weirdest thing might have been the fish tank blue mesh or the tea bag method for carts lol and RY4 was the most popular e-liquid on the planet for a time

been a long journey

Last edited:

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
8 come November, and nothing but good side effects. Mainly PG (60-70) works for me (but everyone's different). Hi VG makes me a little "funny", but other than that, nothing negative in my case.

The fact that I was cranking out two packs a day may be a contributing factor (not sure). Breathe much? :blink:
I have to use 50/50 in my Nord coils/Bantam Box setup. My throat gets a little rough, that's why I keep it strictly for on the go.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
April next year will be 10 years for me. Been DIYing for almost the whole time.
Journey >>>> Cigalike > Ego > Ego twist and carto tanks > mechs >regulated boxes with RTAs and RDAs
Conclusion >>>> One of the best decisions I've ever made.

TonyK

Oct 23, 2014
South Australia
Not sure, either 7 or 8 years!
Started with a Joye something that sucked, then ego bats & Vivi novas, then ego twist & novas, then a sigelli vmax & that little genni with insulated wick hole (again memory fails me).
Then a JD tech stingray & dual wick gennies.
Then VA krakens (so many krakens, I still have them all).
Then I started making my own mechs (I'm a machinist), made a bunch, still have most of em.
A collection of dual wick gennies emerged to go with the gathering number of custom mechs, still got doc Dave bliss & steam turbine.
Up till earlier this year I was still vaping my custom mechs & krakens, but glass became impossible to get, so they're retired from daily use to preserve the last of my glass.
Now I vape a Kennedy vindicator & digiflavour drop - got lazy, cbf'd making another mech right now & I wanted the all day life & harder hit of 21700.

I was a 40 a day smoker & haven't smoked a cigarette in at least 5 years.
I was always kinda fit despite the heavy smoking, maybe a bit fitter now.
Definitely cough a bunch less, far less headaches, hardly ever get sick any more & when I do it lasts 1/4 as long.
Saved 10's of thousands of $.

Mobc1990

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2019
Johor Bahru
Not sure, either 7 or 8 years!
Started with a Joye something that sucked, then ego bats & Vivi novas, then ego twist & novas, then a sigelli vmax & that little genni with insulated wick hole (again memory fails me).
Then a JD tech stingray & dual wick gennies.
Then VA krakens (so many krakens, I still have them all).
Then I started making my own mechs (I'm a machinist), made a bunch, still have most of em.
A collection of dual wick gennies emerged to go with the gathering number of custom mechs, still got doc Dave bliss & steam turbine.
Up till earlier this year I was still vaping my custom mechs & krakens, but glass became impossible to get, so they're retired from daily use to preserve the last of my glass.
Now I vape a Kennedy vindicator & digiflavour drop - got lazy, cbf'd making another mech right now & I wanted the all day life & harder hit of 21700.

I was a 40 a day smoker & haven't smoked a cigarette in at least 5 years.
I was always kinda fit despite the heavy smoking, maybe a bit fitter now.
Definitely cough a bunch less, far less headaches, hardly ever get sick any more & when I do it lasts 1/4 as long.
Saved 10's of thousands of $.
I am a fitness person.I think smoking does harm your fitness,stamina...anyway,I do think fitness level is more of how much you exercise or work out...smoking will reduce your stamina no doubt, but I have seen people who doesn’t smoke and doesn’t exercise a lot,has fitness worst off then people who smoked but exercise regularly.I switched to vaping from smoking to improve my stamina while doing sports...

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Started vaping 10 years ago, cig free for 8 yrs. wow how time flies! I'm in better shape now than when I started. I walk and exercise daily, Tai Chi is my new favorite exercise :) Dr recommended it and it is helping me heal from a broken back I just found out I had. Life is good :)

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Started vaping 10 years ago, cig free for 8 yrs. wow how time flies! I'm in better shape now than when I started. I walk and exercise daily, Tai Chi is my new favorite exercise :) Dr recommended it and it is helping me heal from a broken back I just found out I had. Life is good :)
You just found out you had a broken back and didnt realize it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
You just found out you had a broken back and didnt realize it?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yes! I was being treated for bursitis in my hip but was getting horrible back pain from physical therapy exercises so Dr ordered an MRI and I found out my back had been broken. I had an impact accident years back and it hurt bad but never realized I had broken my back- yikes! It healed but not in alignment so that caused my bursitis. It has been quite the journey. I am better but it is a daily regimen of exercise and tight muscle release. Plus perfect posture work everyday:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread