How much did a pack of cigarettes coast when you started and how much when you switched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CassiusCloud

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
U.S.
I wanna say it was like 35 cents a pack when i started,but it may have been 50 cents.
Waaaay back in 1977/78.
That was up in the NW suburbs of Chicago..
I remember hunting for bottles as a 13 year old kid with my friends to get money for those lung hogs lol

They were about 5.00 a pack where i live now in Tennessee when i stopped smoking..

Also what was the most you ever paid for a pack?
I remember paying 7.00 one time at the vending machine here at work because i left mine at home..that was last year :facepalm:

Last edited:

kemishdo

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
havre de grace, md, usa
I wanna say it was like 35 cents a pack when i started,but it may have been 50 cents.
Waaaay back in 1977/78.
That was up in the NW suburbs of Chicago..
I remember hunting for bottles as a 13 year old kid with my friends to get money for those lung hogs lol

They were about 5.00 a pack where i live now in Tennessee when i stopped smoking..

Also what was the most you ever paid for a pack?
I remember paying 7.00 one time at the vending machine here at work because i left mine at home..that was last year :facepalm:

I think about .50 a pack when I started in 1978. I also remember saying when the prices started going up years later that I would quit if they got to $2.00 a pack, yeah right, 36 years later I was still smoking and paying $5.50-$7.00 depending on the brand.

Congrats on quitting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread