Status
Not open for further replies.

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
SPEAKING of which.......!!!..... that reminds me......

Very important discovery I think......

I've mentioned it in my other threads but I don't think I have in this one yet. Metal Drip Tips that are normally used for people who like to drip the e-liquid onto the atomizer make great juice fed tips also. The very thing that annoys some people who use them to drip.... the fact that the liquid takes a second to funnel down onto the atomizer.... is the reason they make great tips for the juice fed mods. Because of that second it takes to siphon down, it makes the juice fed mods very hard to flood as the liquid gets sucked back into the tube after the bottle is no longer squeezed. It also creates a "sucky sound" that a vision impaired person would be able to hear and know that they have injected the liquid.

I have some more drip-tips ordered and will make a how-to demo kind of thing when they arrive.

Drip tips - Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier

Oh wow.... they have black ones now to!

I use a clear drip tip from Nhaler: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/108896-great-drip-tip-juice-fed-box.html

I found that this works great when the tube is positioned so that it drips down the center, but it's tricky to get mine positioned just right without the drip contacting the side. I find that I do flood this set up more than when using a cart, and the pooling at the bottom of the drip tip is a pain in the rear. Hopefully my hypo tubing will be here today so I can give bottom feeding a shot :)

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
I found that this works great when the tube is positioned so that it drips down the center, but it's tricky to get mine positioned just right without the drip contacting the side. I find that I do flood this set up more than when using a cart, and the pooling at the bottom of the drip tip is a pain in the rear. Hopefully my hypo tubing will be here today so I can give bottom feeding a shot :)
Part of the problem stems from the atty bridges that tend to lean one way or the other.

I've tried both feeds, for work I definitely prefer a top feed with a small, loose plug of foam filler. Much easier to operate and more forgiving than a bottom feed or no filler top feed.

Instead of just the metal tube you might want to try a ZFM approach. A silicone plug with a small hole (that can be adjusted for flow).

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
Part of the problem stems from the atty bridges that tend to lean one way or the other.

I've tried both feeds, for work I definitely prefer a top feed with a small, loose plug of foam filler. Much easier to operate and more forgiving than a bottom feed or no filler top feed.

Instead of just the metal tube you might want to try a ZFM approach. A silicone plug with a small hole (that can be adjusted for flow).

I was using a straw mod with top feed before the drip tip and so far the drip tip is working best. I just receive 5' of stainless steel hypodermic tubing that I'm going to use to make a bottom feeder, but I need to wait for some of the 510 connectors with holes to come in.

I also have two part 'magic puddy' that I used for cart plugs so I guess I could always give that a shot too.

Bubo

ECF Veteran
Okay - stupid question (Just to confirm....)
I went to RS and got all of the little bits.. But while looking at the resistors - I had the option of getting 1/8 Watt, 1/4 Watt and other wattages... Panic set in.....

So far I have been doing well by putting parts in EXACTLY as shown.... (Nothing has blown up yet!) Can someone allay my fears and tell me which wattage would be best (Or do all work?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread