How to Build a Nico-Drip V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Alas! The little Manipu-mod arrives at the Modders Forum! After being tossed aside for the heavier duty Nico-Drip V2 thread and the Nico-Drip @ 5 Volts thread for a few months....... my original intended post arrives last! The poor little thing even got puppy chewed twice while waiting on the sidelines!

It is a little pearl purple nicotine injected 3.7 volt box mod the type also known as "juicebox". It holds a 3ml bottle of e-liquid which has a slow color-changing L.E.D. that illuminates the inside and uses a tactile switch protected by a MOSFET.

It was kind of originally called the "Manipu-Mod" because back then I had no intention of covering the whole "tubing" "brass adapter" questions and where to find everything. Well..... months later.... here we are with tubing and all.

Inspired by Tinear and his beautiful Mahmba Mod (YouTube "Mahmba")... And Nicowolf and her Nicostick Mod.... I finally present....
The Nico-Drip V1! (/whew!)

PHASE1bottle.jpg

PHASE2cartdrip.jpg

PHASE3injected.jpg

Nico-DripV1-using.jpg

Nico-DripV1-inside.jpg

Nico-DripV1-Parts.jpg

nico-dripv1schem.jpg

The how-to PhotoBucket Album for when the pictorial how-to is a done:
Nico-Drip V1 pictures by dreams_n_chains - Photobucket

ECF Member Sci's link at his website "VapeGate" if he is still up to it and has the time:
Dreams & Chains Presents: Manipu-Mod

I've created 3 mods so far and all have how-tos to accompany them.
Nico-Drip V1
Nico-Drip V2
and
Nico-Drip @ 5 Volts

The easiest for someone to do on their own is certanly the Nico-Drip V2.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modders-forum/101342-how-build-nico-drip-v2.html

And.... as anyone knows who knows of me..... I cannot post too many pictures per page because of dial-up internet. This post far exceeds what I would be able to view already..... and that's why I wait to post more pics as new pages arrive or don't arrive in these threads of mine.

EDIT TO ADD SOME GOOD ADVICE:
Take it from someone who has learned.... these posts and threads cannot be edited after a certain amount of time has passed. ALWAYS read threads in their entirety before creating any mod, etc.! Sometimes things have a way of changing and/or updating the older a thread gets. Whether this be for Mods, Liquid, or suppliers.

Last edited:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Thank you Sci.... and, as everyone should know, it will all take me time also to complete all the how-tos. No rush...... everything is eventual. :)

Nicotime.... I did a lot of reading and learning for the past 6 months. In studying the modders who seem to know their stuff... the 10k resistor is the chosen one for MOSFETS. As one webpage I found states, "470 Ohm resistors are commonly used as current limiters for LEDs."

Here ya go.... link to quote:
http://www.basicmicro.com/Resistor-470-Ohm-14-Watt_p_121.html

Last edited:

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
Nicotime.... I did a lot of reading and learning for the past 6 months. In studying the modders who seem to know their stuff... the 10k resistor is the chosen one for MOSFETS. As one webpage I found states, "470 Ohm resistors are commonly used as current limiters for LEDs."

Here ya go.... link to quote:
Resistor 470 Ohm 1/4 Watt

Hmmm..I see..yeah, I knew about the 470 but not the 10k...so many different schematics floating out there. I have a Digi-Key order coming Monday with some of those Mosfets and a bunch of other toys for some touch switch building so I will give it a try. Thanks Dreamy!

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
suddenlyno...... if you can mod a wedding gown into creation..... you can do this! Way to go!:thumb:

And Nicotime expecting an order from DigiKey on Monday....... :(...... I'm so jealous.... and broke....... :(

For those that are interested and do have a few bucks to invest.

Here is the DigiKey MOSFET used in this mod.... $1.86

Digi-Key - IRLU3114ZPBF-ND (Manufacturer - IRLU3114ZPBF)

And here is where I bought my Stripboard:

Shop eBay Canada Store - Veroboard Prehole Ready To Use PCB:: veroboard, pcb

But buy it from where-ever... search for veroboard or stripboard. Just be careful if ordering from Madvapes or the like because it may not be cut like this mod requires and is cut in short strips like most 5volt mods use in this forum.

You want the stripboard utilizing the long strips of copper on it.

Stripboardprep.jpg

Man.... my windstream internet is bad today..... :confused: :nah:

Last edited:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Thanks chuckzvap. :)

The mod is really neat in respect that most of the soldering is done outside of the box and on the stripboard before ever puting it into the ABS Plastic box. It makes soldering pretty easy.

In all honesty..... I think most people (not all) would be perfectly happy after using this mod. No leaking, instant refilling.... I care about no other mod since I've used these. Of course... someone could say I'm a bit prejudiced....:sneaky:.... but, actually that's not even it. They are just damned sweet! So sweet I gotta share! That is why the how-tos get so detailed. I really want people to be able to make these.

They are safe: can be easily vaped while driving (even at night) without ever running dry. No refilling a cart while driving down the highway at 60 MPH risking everyone's lives around. Easy to locate because of LED light.

Long story short: I had a friend who was rendered a quadriplegic after a car full of drunks hit her head on..... she was a smoker...... a few years after the accident she asked me to buy her some hemostats to help hold her cigarettes because she had very limited use of her hands/arms..... if she were still alive today I could give her a Nico-Drip V2 and I know she'd be able to use it. And, perhaps the pneumonia that eventually killed her would not have because she would be "vaping" with strronger lungs than a smoker.

They are handicapable. :thumb:

The battery lasts about half a day before recharging.

Last edited:

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
Dreams, I've got all the pics, so far, for this one up - How to build a Nico-Drip V1.

The index of all of your mods is here - Dreams & Chains Presents.

I put a counter on the index page, I put one on the index pages of the individual mods also. Right now, it's counting all views(each load of the page), I can set it up where it only counts once per ip(unique visits) if you want. Either way is no problem.

Anything you want added/changed, let me know.

Last edited:

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Thanks Sci! Very nice... it will definitely help out people on dial-up. It loads quicker than PhotoBucket and is much easier to maneuver around in!

I have three nights off coming up and I hope to wrap up this Nico-Drip V1 how-to and hopefully the Nico-Drip @ 5 volts also. Always hard to tell... got to make them right or there's no sense doing them. And I want to make them simple to follow for anyone.

stripboardvswires.jpg

Even if people do not walk away from these wanting to build one.... hopefully there will be things in them to help them out in building whatever.

Connman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
North Florida, USA
Hey Dreams, and Sci, Stormi... whoever else has switched to tube fed mods,

How has your juice consumption been affected? I'm guessing more, but curious how much.

Mine has only changed on the Carlos Juice Box some. But this cool Nico Drip 5 Volt has really had no effect on a larger consumption. But less work in keeping my cart topped off. I was always topping my cart off for those tasty hits off great e-liquid flavor. Now the removing of my cart has been eliminated with the juice feed.. :thumbs:

I vape around 2ml a day.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida

How has your juice consumption been affected? I'm guessing more, but curious how much.

When I switched to the tube fed mod instead of using the blue foam cart mod.... my e-liquid usage did not change at all. I have vaped 1.5ml of e-liquid per day since I started vaping in November... and I still vape 1.5ml per day. I was, at least, a pack a day smoker before November.

The only time my e-liquid usage has increased was when I was using a low-resistance atomizer. It went up to 2ml per day. But I'm back and happy with my regular 510 atty again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

To Stormi....... still....... what color shall it be? Purple, Pink or Banana? Or something else? :?:

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al

<hates to say it> I haven't made a juice box, yet.:oops: I haven't been able to drill a hole in a cartomizer(need a stronger drill). But, I have all the stuff, and, it will definately be a 5v'er.:)

@Dreams, can you PM me the links to your 3 photobuckets? I want to make sure I've got all of the photos & in order. I want to go ahead & get as much as possible up next chance I get.
Thanks.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
(snip)

@Dreams, can you PM me the links to your 3 photobuckets? I want to make sure I've got all of the photos & in order. I want to go ahead & get as much as possible up next chance I get.
Thanks.

Good idea!
I'll even post them here for anyone interested.

Nico-Drip V1 how-to (Patti Pending):
Nico-Drip V1 pictures by dreams_n_chains - Photobucket

Nico-Drip V2 how-to:
Nico-Drip V2 How-To pictures by dreams_n_chains - Photobucket

Nico-Drip 5 Volts (Patti Pending):
Nico-Drip 5 Volts pictures by dreams_n_chains - Photobucket

Lighter for brass adapters:
Lighters pictures by dreams_n_chains - Photobucket

And the main page that sometimes only contains spoofs and stuff...... but sometimes does have valuable pictures with viable info that some may find of interest:
Pictures by dreams_n_chains - Photobucket

mphsjeep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
:ohmy:WOW WOW I am going to try to make one of these......the lady at the dollar store was looking at me funny as I was buying up the $1 lighters......

Do you have a pic of this open with the juice bottle attached? I am going to need some reading glasses.....thought I had a good few more years before needing them until now....great great work Dreams!!!!!

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
(snip)

Do you have a pic of this open with the juice bottle attached? I am going to need some reading glasses.....thought I had a good few more years before needing them until now....great great work Dreams!!!!!

Thank you mphsjeep! :)

Here ya go:

Nico-DripV1-insidewbot.jpg

'fraid I'm needing glasses too..... after having, like, Superman vision my whole life.... and it's hard to get used to. So, the good news is... it shows that we can make these with bad eyesight!

SPEAKING of which.......!!!..... that reminds me......

Very important discovery I think......

I've mentioned it in my other threads but I don't think I have in this one yet. Metal Drip Tips that are normally used for people who like to drip the e-liquid onto the atomizer make great juice fed tips also. The very thing that annoys some people who use them to drip.... the fact that the liquid takes a second to funnel down onto the atomizer.... is the reason they make great tips for the juice fed mods. Because of that second it takes to siphon down, it makes the juice fed mods very hard to flood as the liquid gets sucked back into the tube after the bottle is no longer squeezed. It also creates a "sucky sound" that a vision impaired person would be able to hear and know that they have injected the liquid.

I have some more drip-tips ordered and will make a how-to demo kind of thing when they arrive.

Drip tips - Wholesale & Retail Best E-smoking Supplier

Oh wow.... they have black ones now to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread