Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
Thanks for the Happy Birthday Modders. :nun:

Did anyone else notice the extreme comic like tabloid Dreams posted. :ohmy:

Particularly this part :unsure:
"Nico-Drip beats eclipse mints tin in Poll" :lol:

From the reviews I read. Wait let me restart that.
From the review I read this possible poll results could all be wrong. I mean the review I read somewhere did state that while using the eclipse mints tin the massive amount of vaper made the user forget what they where doing. So thus causing a bad poll result. :toast:

I haven`t had a drink in like a year and a half think it is. So nicotime that plan will not work there Bud. :p

Which also reminds me where is jiff? He didn`t survive his Birthday party?
nicotime how many mods do you have? :ohmy:

And Sci no concert I wouldn`t know where to go and I have mods to make out of those Duracell boxes and eclipse mints tin, and the mini mod juice feeder.

LOL... Once again, happy b'day, hope it's a good one.
BTW, the concert is on Okaloosa Island down around the Ft. Walton/Destin area.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
:laugh:.... I can't believe Sci was able to find a "D" pose of his avatar!

Connman...... it was a Poll.... Editor's Poll Results are never wrong or prejudiced! Editors are like moderators.... totally impartial and unbiased. (/ :lol:)

Wonder how Nicotime knew of my new job as "Mod Squad weekly" magazine editor? Hmm. :sneaky:

:bday: CONNMAN:bday: !!!

to the rest...... sorry about being :offtopic: perhaps........

But it's :headbang::party: (/PartyTime!)

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
can i vape the cake? i hope you using fast color changing leds in place of the candles and a high amp switch cos how many attys is it holding?
happy birthday, moddman-connman!! finally a good reason and peen-free hijacking occasion!!:D

He is probably busy modding the candles off his cake as we speak D!;)

OMG Dreamy...that centerfold is a dog!!:ohmy:

Shai

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Earth
Question about this mod. I seriously want a 5v juice box. Looking at the parts there are two I need some help on. The first is the regulator. Is it 1amp or 3amp? How many amps? And the other is the vero board when looking for this is there anything I should pay attention to? Will any circuit board work? Madvapes seems to be out of 3amp 5v regulators. Can I use a lower/higher amp reg?

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Hmmm...... it appears to me via a Google search that the 5volt, 3 amp LDO is extinct. I see no one has or has had any in stock. Not even the one that manufactures it.... Fairchild SemiConductor. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Is this an end of an era folks?

MadVapes still having it listed does not mean they will ever get them again. They still have the "D2Pak, LDO 5 volt, 3.0 amp" listed and can no longer get that one either.

My guess is that the new one they are carrying is rated too little at only 2 amps.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
Using the item number listed on the pictures provided for that LDO will result in find 1amp, 2amp, 3amp and 4amp LDO's which means it's not enough information to know one way or the other exactly what is being used.

The item number for that LDO (378R05) will result in a 3 amp..... it is a 3 amp used in this mod. But, we cannot find where to purchase these and are wondering if they are no longer being manufactured.

As for buying stripboard.... the theory is to use it in place of wires.... so, no.... I really don't have any advice on what you choose to use. I bought the size pictured in the how-to, because once cut in half, it fits in the boxes well.

dreams n chains

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Florida
  • Deleted by AngusATAT

Shai

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Earth
The item number for that LDO (378R05) will result in a 3 amp.....

Thanks for the advice. It's appreciated. If I can find somewhere to purchase one of these I'll let you know. IMO a juice box seems to cut down on some of the "maintenance" of vaping (filling cartridges, keeping the bridge wet, etc). It's where I'm going.

I found a 3pin 5v 3a LDO but since I have no idea what the pins do I can't really say one way or the other. Look here http://gadgetgangster.com/sell-your-project/145.html .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread