Hussar RTA single coil deck (attack of the clones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
Absolutely amazing! After 3 weeks "stuck in customs" my SC Coppervape Hussar finally arrived.
Impressions: Mine was pre seasoned with "machineoil fresh" and in need of a thorough washup.
Machining is really good.
Supplied O-rings do seal but 2 of them "left" the atty without mechanical intervention (beeing oversized) and were replaced with ones from the supplied spares kit (which also includes spare screws).
Tank seals completely in closed position an can be removed without any spillage from the deck when filled.
Wick holding ring is not easily removable, tolerances are a bit too tight - not a huge issue as you can easily wick it without removing the ring. Polishing the inside of the ring fixes that issue but the hassle is not worth it IMHO.
Flavour is absolutely excellent, draw could be a bit more open for my taste and is tighter (approx like the VG4 mini fully open) than the DC clone version. Gotta check the airflow pin closely when when I wick it next time, maybe there is an obstruction.
I did for obvious reasons not install the airflow reduced pin - so I cannot comment on that feature other than "it's in the box..."
This clone is great value for the money in my opinion.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Absolutely amazing! After 3 weeks "stuck in customs" my SC Coppervape Hussar finally arrived.
Impressions: Mine was pre seasoned with "machineoil fresh" and in need of a thorough washup.
Machining is really good.
Supplied O-rings do seal but 2 of them "left" the atty without mechanical intervention (beeing oversized) and were replaced with ones from the supplied spares kit (which also includes spare screws).
Tank seals completely in closed position an can be removed without any spillage from the deck when filled.
Wick holding ring is not easily removable, tolerances are a bit too tight - not a huge issue as you can easily wick it without removing the ring. Polishing the inside of the ring fixes that issue but the hassle is not worth it IMHO.
Flavour is absolutely excellent, draw could be a bit more open for my taste and is tighter (approx like the VG4 mini fully open) than the DC clone version. Gotta check the airflow pin closely when when I wick it next time, maybe there is an obstruction.
I did for obvious reasons not install the airflow reduced pin - so I cannot comment on that feature other than "it's in the box..."
This clone is great value for the money in my opinion.

I am so happy to hear this! Thank you very much!

A few questions for you, please.

Are you an MTL or DL vaper?
What kind of build did you put in it? Is the build deck easy to work with?
Is the airflow, without the airflow reducer pin, more like a restricted DL or MTL?
How easy or difficult is the wicking?

Last edited:

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
I am a DTL vaper. I put in 2,5mm 0,40 SS304 8Hz slightly spaced.
Airflow is not MTL but restricted DTL.
Wicking is dead easy but from the width of the coil 8Hz is about the max you get without going microcoil or put the coil diagonaly.
Yes I do also have the sjmy DC version. I have not tried to swap the Deck with that one - the Coppervape version has better build quality and better machining. I might have tried to swap it if the airflow was equal to the DC version (then I would have planned to order a deck and convert the sjmy).

Neptun93

Moved On
Mar 22, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

Neptun93

Moved On
Mar 22, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

Neptun93

Moved On
Mar 22, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Update: I did just disassemble the SC version to check for obstructions in the airflow. Unfortunately there are none meaning the SC version really has that tight a draw :grr:. Trying the drill bit next....

Thanks A-C-E! This makes me very happy! I will order the SC Coppervape version right away.

rifky

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2014
Indonesia
Nice job coppervape... A new airflow 1.3mm pin seem provide a good MTL
IMG-20170327-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20170327-WA0027.jpg
IMG-20170327-WA0025.jpg

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Mine came from FT Yesterday :) I just put a simple spaced 2.5 mm coil between the posts.
The build quality is good but not the best! I have several SMJY clones of other attys & their build quality is better. I ordered the spare plastic tank from the SXK version & it don't fit, the juice slots are different. The Air flow (no restrictor) is pretty good for me. The flavour is real good! Wicking is real simple & works great! JFC seals nice :) no flooding or leaking when filling. IMO this up there with all the best single atty clones available today. 2 Thumbs Up!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Mine came from FT Yesterday :) I just put a simple spaced 2.5 mm coil between the posts.
The build quality is good but not the best! I have several SMJY clones of other attys & their build quality is better. I ordered the spare plastic tank from the SXK version & it don't fit, the juice slots are different. The Air flow (no restrictor) is pretty good for me. The flavour is real good! Wicking is real simple & works great! JFC seals nice :) no flooding or leaking when filling. IMO this up there with all the best single atty clones available today. 2 Thumbs Up!

What a bummer about the spare tank, but it sounds like your purchase is a major win overall! Congratulations! Would you compare it -- flavor wise -- to other single coil RTAs known for flavor or to the Kabuki or Vika?

I am so happy to hear the wicking is good and there's no leaking so far! Thank you very much for your post and pics!

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
What a bummer about the spare tank, but it sounds like your purchase is a major win overall! Congratulations! Would you compare it -- flavor wise -- to other single coil RTAs known for flavor or to the Kabuki or Vika?

I am so happy to hear the wicking is good and there's no leaking so far! Thank you very much for your post and pics!

The spare tank was less than 2 bucks, no big loss:) I would say flavour wise it's as good as a Rose V3 & a Hurricane V3 :) Maybe a little better than a K-F V5 & a Squape X dream :)
It has a good liquid capacity, a little better than Rose or Hurricane V3's
I like mine, would recommend it :)

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
The spare tank was less than 2 bucks, no big loss:) I would say flavour wise it's as good as a Rose V3 & a Hurricane V3 :) Maybe a little better than a K-F V5 & a Squape X dream :)
It has a good liquid capacity, a little better than Rose or Hurricane V3's
I like mine, would recommend it :)

Thank you for this! It sounds like it is right up my alley!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread