Hussar RTA single coil deck (attack of the clones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
No idea but coppervape says it is in production so very soon.

Very cool! I think I'll get this one and I'll try the micro tank version too. I bet the Micro is even better for flavor. I hope the Micro is still easy to build and wick and isn't weepy either!

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
@JustWondering1 I doubt it, the chamber is the same, only the tank (and the chimney) is shorter. Cannot see how it could either impact wicking ease or flavor.

Shorter Chimney, mite affect flavour? Could very well make it a bit better :)

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
@JustWondering1 I doubt it, the chamber is the same, only the tank (and the chimney) is shorter. Cannot see how it could either impact wicking ease or flavor.

I have always heard the shorter chimneys and smaller tanks help with flavor. I don't claim to be an expert, but what you said is not consistent with what I have read about what constitutes a good MTL flavor tank.

Reactions: 52anddone

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
look at the spheroid - tiny chamber, long chimney, still one of the best flavor mtl attys.
kayfun4 - small chamber, very good mtl flavor atty, no difference in taste in long mode with extended chimney and tank.
Erlkönigin - still one of my top 5 flavor attys - cannot taste a difference between Erlkönigin and Erlkönigin nano. But hey, that is me - taste is individual. If for you shorter chimneys bring more flavor that is fine. Go for it.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
look at the spheroid - tiny chamber, long chimney, still one of the best flavor mtl attys.
kayfun4 - small chamber, very good mtl flavor atty, no difference in taste in long mode with extended chimney and tank.
Erlkönigin - still one of my top 5 flavor attys - cannot taste a difference between Erlkönigin and Erlkönigin nano. But hey, that is me - taste is individual. If for you shorter chimneys bring more flavor that is fine. Go for it.

I think I'll probably get the long version and the short version as well. People seem to love the long version and no one has tried the short version, so I think its definitely worth a shot.

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
The length of the chimney definitely plays a role in terms of flavour, particularly for MTL, as well as temperature. However, the diameter of the chimney is just as important.
A longer chimney will decrease flavour. How much depends on your wattage, draw, coil setup etc.
To make things simpler; the reason RDAs produce more flavour than RTAs is become they essentially have no chimney.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
The length of the chimney definitely plays a role in terms of flavour, particularly for MTL, as well as temperature. However, the diameter of the chimney is just as important.
A longer chimney will decrease flavour. How much depends on your wattage, draw, coil setup etc.
To make things simpler; the reason RDAs produce more flavour than RTAs is become they essentially have no chimney.

This makes a whole lot of sense. Thanks!

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Me three. Came over from the Siren thread. Ordered the coopervape version and that drip tip @Streamer861 posted.

Let us know what you think about it,Riplea!! I'm especially interested in knowing how the tightness of the draw, flavor, and ease of build and wicking compares with the Siren.

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
Let us know what you think about it,Riplea!! I'm especially interested in knowing how the tightness of the draw, flavor, and ease of build and wicking compares with the Siren.

I am a total newbie at this! I have made 3 coils so far. One for Siren, one for my Kayfun v5 mini, and one for Serpent mini, lol. I have to say I have cleaned up the few non buildable atomizers I have and put them in the drawer. I am a convert to building ones own coils. Flavor is so much better on these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread