I have read you can use distilled water in e-liquid has anyone tried this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I used to use VG:pGA 80:20

Then I switched to VG:H20 80:20

I use PG:VG at various ratios also.

When using water in lieu of PG, how much do you need to compensate with the flavor percentage? Since VG doesn't impart flavor very well, I assume there needs to be some modification of a recipe when using a non-PG base.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
When using water in lieu of PG, how much do you need to compensate with the flavor percentage? Since VG doesn't impart flavor very well, I assume there needs to be some modification of a recipe when using a non-PG base.

"in lieu of" is confusing...

VG muting flavor is over hyped. It only takes a few percent more flavoring to get the same taste as high PG juice. Like 1-5, depending on flavoring, but 2-3 works for most IMO.

VG seems to benefit from steeping the most.

interestingfellow

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2010
Virginia US
I've only mixed about 100ml of my own juices for different flavors and reasons, but I've found I like straight vg base. Pg tears my mouth up, cuts down on the vapor production (IMHO), and I like the "sweetness" of VG.

Although, if I have cut my vg with water just to try it, and like it better than pv/vg (still prefer not cutting it at all).

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
interestingfellow, I also make unthinned (save for the flavor) VG juices for dripping. Love it. Too thick for cartos though, at least to me, and alcohol dries me out. Most of my juices are 10% flavor and 10% distilled water, plus nic and VG. If I use less flavor (if its a PG flavor) I use more water, so that %flavor + %water = ~20%. That seems to be a good rule of thumb to allow for good carto wicking.

Water will open the nic up, meaning the droplets in the vapor are smaller so the nic more available, and you actually perceive the nic more, such as in TH, nose tickle, etc. That's been my experience anyway. Opens the flavor up more too. YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread