I have two questions. Can anyone please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimmie0515

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2012
Litchfield Park, Arizona
First, does anyone know how to dewick the Leo atty?

Second, does anyone know how to remove the crystal cap from the Leo cover? While I personally like the crystal caps, I am replacing my husband's with the chrome/silver ones. The cap on the battery end unscrews easily, but the one on the cover won't budge and I don't want to destroy the thing trying to remove it.

Any help with these will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
I haven't tried dewicking yet, but I think it's the same as with other attys. If you do this, let me know how it goes. I might want to give it a try too.

I think the crystals are just glued on and can be pried off. There might be a little discoloration or residue left on the cap, but it should still be functional. You can also buy flat caps and covers from various vendors, though you never know who's going to have them in stock.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Boiling will discolor the darker ones (I haven't tried it on the brass). Usually I just run hot water through mine. If it needs more, I'll soak it in alcohol (cheap gin usually) for a day or two, and then rinse and blow out with hot water. Unless your atty is dewicked, I don't recommend dry-burning.... actually I don't like dry-burning ANY attys, dewicked or not.
After blowing them out and letting them dry, prime them and they are ready to go. They will take a while to break in again. Maybe a couple hours.

Cleaning attys is a last resort for me. I try to use compatible flavors on attys so I don't need to clean them.

BTW, tried dewicking and the atty died an hour later. I guess I won't bother trying that on my remaining attys.

i dewick all my attys and the only time i have had one die on me is when i hit the coil and i dry burn all my attys after cleaning the only thing you are doing when you dry burn is getting the build up of gunk on the coil off and when i clean it depends on what flavor i am using in them if i am using a flavor that wont come out i boil for 15 min at a time intell i cant smell the liquide in them and that works and if its not a strong flavor i will clean with water and rubbing alchol and after cleaning make sure you prime them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread