I live in NY.. anyone still shipping here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBKLYN

Mar 20, 2015
brooklyn nyc
Please help... I was wondering if anyone knows of a website that is still shipping to NYC?? I definitely wasn't as prepared as I should've been for what is going on here. I guess if things get desperate I will have to order stuff from China. When I started vaping I used to get juice from fasttech.. I really do not want to do that.

As far as the DIY thing goes I would have to figure out how to get all the stuff I need. I really don't want to quit or start making my own juice considering the time you have to steep... it probably takes a lot of time to have a good result.

Please advise... what would you do if you were me?

• Optimistic
Reactions: HigherStateD

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
As far as eliquid shipping to NY, technically no one is supposed to ship it. You might get lucky and sneak an order in somewhere if they are not in compliance yet. Now is the time to look if you need something to tie you over. Or maybe a local vape shop is clearing inventory.

Another option is to have your eliquid shipped to a non-NY address. Like a friend or family member out of state or you can use a ship forwarding service. But the ship forwarding service takes time to setup because you have to file forms with the USPS.

As far as the DIY route, that is probably your best bet going forward, because the whole NY thing is just the beginning. There is the deeming regulations in September, I don't think anyone knows what it's going to look like after that takes place. And there is a general movement against vaping in the US. If democrats take the house, senate, or white house, then you could see those efforts against vaping ramp up.

There are a lot of DIY suppliers who are still shipping out everything you need to make eliquid yourself to NY addresses. There are a lot of simple "shake and vape" recipes out there so you can get started pretty quickly.

The flavors probably won't be a problem, the vegetable glycerine and propylene glycol too shouldn't be a problem. But nicotine is something you should stock up on if you can and you are going the DIY route. You have to be careful handling and safely storing nicotine of course because it is a hazardous substance. So if you don't think you can be careful and do your homework, don't bother.

And not to bring the hammer down but if you can, think about stocking up on atomizers and mods. Possibly Fasttech and other companies will ship vape related stuff to the US come September, but maybe not.

Welcome to the vapocalypse.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Please help... I was wondering if anyone knows of a website that is still shipping to NYC?? I definitely wasn't as prepared as I should've been for what is going on here. I guess if things get desperate I will have to order stuff from China. When I started vaping I used to get juice from fasttech.. I really do not want to do that.

As far as the DIY thing goes I would have to figure out how to get all the stuff I need. I really don't want to quit or start making my own juice considering the time you have to steep... it probably takes a lot of time to have a good result.

They briefly banned all imports of juice into Indiana a few years ago. For some reason nicotine wasn't included in the ban. I talked to the place where I ordered mine, Wizard Labs, and they said it didn't apply to nicotine. I ordered a bottle and it came through fine.

If you do decide to start making your own juice it might be worth checking whether you can get nicotine imported to NY. Maybe the NY law is written differently but it would be easy to find out. If that doesn't work you would need a friend in another State to help out.

All the other stuff you need like flavorings would be fine. You probably couldn't get flavoring from a vape vendor but you could definitely get it from a flavoring supplier like Perfumers Apprentice, they sell it for cooking.

Better do it sooner rather than later though. I'm sure at some point they will pass whatever law is needed to stop us buying nicotine. This might be your last chance to get set up. You could be left with no options at all. Wouldn't cost that much to have enough nic to last for decades.

If you are looking at hardware rather than juice you are probably out of luck, unless you have friends in other States.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
As far as the DIY thing goes I would have to figure out how to get all the stuff I need.

As far as the ingredients to make it -
There are only 4 that are commonly used in the DIY eliquid many of us make - Nicotine Base, plain Propylene Glycol, plain Vegetable Glycerin, and a variety of flavorings. (Some people use a tiny amount of distilled water in theirs sometimes.) The only one of those that would be a problem for you to get in NY now...would be the nicotine base. However, if you have friends, relatives, etc. who live in a neighboring state...you could have it shipped to them and then arrange to get it from them.

As far as supplies you'd use while making it - ALL are readily available and are used for many other things. There would be no problem getting any of them shipped to you in NY.

I really don't want to quit or start making my own juice considering the time you have to steep... it probably takes a lot of time to have a good result.

Not every DIY eliquid needs to be steeped or benefits from steeping. There are many recipes that are what's known as shake and vape ones. I have about 3 I regularly make that I let "sit" for several days to a week. I have about 15-20 that I make, shake, and then vape it.

I'd be using an Eliquid Calculator to figure out how many Liters of 100mg/mL nicotine base I'd need...to last me for however long I plan to continue vaping. (There are many of us who can help you, with how to do that.) Then I'd get that amount of nicotine base, some glass bottles and caps with a polycone liner in them...ordered ASAP. You need enough bottles and caps to split up the Liters of nicotine base and put them in your freezer for longterm storage. That's the most important thing you need to do right away...to guarantee that you will be able to DIY your eliquid!

Ordering the other ingredients and the supplies for mixing....can be done later, after you do some reading, possibly in the DIY E-Liquid subforum here and ask any questions you have. Lots of people can/will help you with info. on vendors who sell the plain PG and plain VG, the flavorings, the other supplies, etc. There is time to learn about DIY, find some recipes you'd like to make, etc. and order those things you'd still need for it.

I'm helping several local friends and ECF members with stocking up and learning how to DIY their eliquids. Some have already started to DIY, but others plan to start in the months ahead. However...ALL of them have their "stash" of nicotine base already in their freezers.

Last edited:

pjmarkert

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Lake View, NY
The company I was dealing with, Perfect Vape, for supplies said that they will not ship anything at all to NY well before the ban kicked in July 1. Phil Busardo suggested Nicotine Wholsalers. I called them and they said they will keep shipping until they are told to stop. I got a litre of 100mg to go in the freezer and it should last me about 5 years. I get flavorings from FlavorWest and they should never be banned as they are also used for food flavoring. PG you can get anywhere. I don't use VG, but I saw it at Walmart.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I'm not from Jersey, so I don't fully know, but I would go there for temp juices while you get DIY going.

Fruit flavors tend to steep pretty quickly. I shook them a couple of five times each day. I think three days is enough.

Remember, an imperfectly flavored vape will still keep you from cigarettes.

Just get the DIY going fast.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Your just going to have to order nicotine base and start with DIY...

All you really need are empty bottles and some syringes and a good recipe or two to start.

Most of us are also on e-liquid-recipes website as well, but there are some good recipes here as well. You just pick a couple recipes that you like (apple pie, menthol, whatever) and get the flavors and ingredients you need to make them and start there.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Brewdawg1181

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
I'm not from Jersey, so I don't fully know, but I would go there for temp juices while you get DIY going.

Fruit flavors tend to steep pretty quickly. I shook them a couple of five times each day. I think three days is enough.

Remember, an imperfectly flavored vape will still keep you from cigarettes.

Just get the DIY going fast.
someone say :rules:

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA

As far as do-it-yourself goes my third recipe was a winner and is still my all day Vape. I think if you can manage it it would be smart to get some nicotine anyway even if you don't want to DIY just slap it in your freezer in a glass bottle and just leave it there. You don't have to use it but it's there if you end up needing to use at PG VG flavoring you should be able to get that whenever you need it it all has different uses. Oh and as far as sleeping goes there's some recipes that don't need to steep they might get better with steeping but they're fine to vape. My all day Vape which is a donut cereal milk blueberry "the one" tribute taste super good after about a week but you can use it right away and it's fine it's still a satisfying Vape. And then just basic fruit flavors are incredibly quick to come together well basically once you can get it properly mixed you can usually use it

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Sorry - no

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Got anothe 10 bottles coming to me from??? Dosnt hurt to have a few thousand ml's of great premium ejuice in the stash...Vape on NYC!!!
2914b9b8a142d6d0281aafd8b1386e7b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
If democrats take the house, senate, or white house, then you could see those efforts against vaping ramp up.
Not to beat an already dead horse but it doesn't matter what rah-rah colored flag takes this or that. Last I looked they are all currently anti-vape.

ETA: "The date" 10 September 2020 rapidly approaches. General election comes after no? ;)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: jwbnyc

CAAB

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2019
New York
Not to beat an already dead horse but it doesn't matter what rah-rah colored flag takes this or that. Last I looked they are all currently anti-vape.

From what I have read and what I have experienced in NY, Democrats have a more pessimistic view of the vaping industry. Post-PMTA, who knows what further restrictions could occur. Not to say Republicans are by default favorable towards vaping, just perhaps less hostile. Although honestly, I don't have much faith either way. Maybe big companies with deep pockets will keep the industry alive in the US longterm...

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Dude we're fked out in NYC. No companies are shiping to NYC as far as I know. No one is going to risk a ligitament online business for a few million vapeheads in NYC if that. The number of vapers in NYC are dropping fast. None out my favorite vendors ship to NYC now. Mind you these are vendors I did business with for years...Where there's a will there's a way...Vape On!!!
I feel like im in an episode of the twilight zone. I'm the only person vaping in the streets of NYC and everyone is starring at me with the evil eye. Vape shops closed everywhere, what a nightmare! Its so bad I turned my my desk into a mini vape bar...smh
f9f6a16e070f0aa722824852f767f3ec.jpg

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I've been vaping near 6 years, mixing and rebuilding for 5 of those. Eliquid cost is 1 penny per ml so less than $20 a year. Compare that to the $3,000 a year I used to spend smoking a carton a week. I bragged to my vaping and smoking buddies at work about all the money I'm saving. They were annoyed, NOT interested. So I shut up. I stockpiled because it's dirt cheap, I rest easier and because it's been a fun hobby. The only thing that's cheaper than vaping is checkers. It's pretty amazing how few are stockpiling.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
I love the flavors of some of the premium made in the usa liquids. mixing wasn't an option for me and i dont mind speding a few bucks enjoying some of the best tasty flavors..i spent alot more a cigs and got nothing more than a bad smell, colored flem, a constant cough, and a nasty addiction...flavors allowed me to quit.

P2PLeon

Toot This, Toot That, Toot Everything
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 19, 2015
    Middlesbrough,UK
    myvapingright.com
    I'm in the UK and when the TPD (Tobacco Products Directive) was about to come into force I ordered twice of 2 Litres of PG 72 mg/ml nicotine and had to break the bank twice. So I would stock up if I was you. You may never know when the time comes that you may need to go back to smoking as many states are wanting you to do so. But if you stock up now it saves you from becoming without.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread