Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    So according to Mr eliquid, (@ 6:10) they themselves believe that USPS will not do commercial shipments, but also have no idea if UPS and FedEx will even take commercial shipments, so they may not be able to get any inventory.

However, to the best of my knowledge, UPS and FedEx do deliver cigarettes, snuff and chew to stores, so why would they not deliver vape supplies when they are all the same product - "tobacco products"? I doubt a small, independent convenience store gets all of it's tobacco products via LTL carriers. At least some of it probably gets delivered by UPS/FedEx. But I never worked at one so I can't say for sure.
    When I worked at a convenience store a "distributer" came in weekly, took inventory, and delivered tobacco products.
    Not sure how it's done today. It was 51 years ago when I worked at a convenience store.

• Agree
    Reactions: Izan

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Technically this language bans any electronic device that you can buy that aerosols flavoring for consumption, and calls it an electronic nicotine delivery device. So even those devices that deliver flavored oxygen, that I have seen, would be illegal to ship under this precedent?
    The way they phrased it virtually any aerosolized product would be banned LOL cuz it's any substance that is aerosolized so I can think of a lot of medical and home improvement items that are aerosolized. I mean a nebulizer aerosolizes liquid... as does most inhalers

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The way they phrased it virtually any aerosolized product would be banned LOL cuz it's any substance that is aerosolized so I can think of a lot of medical and home improvement items that are aerosolized. I mean a nebulizer aerosolizes liquid... as does most inhalers

But if it's an FDA-approved product that's marketed and sold solely for

- tobacco cessation
    or
    - any other therapeutic purpose

it would be exempt.

Link to exact verbiage given by @JCinFLA on first page.

• Agree
    Reactions: JCinFLA

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

I don't understand the point of forming an LLC. No wholesaler is going to sell you anything unless you have a business license and most will also likely want a tobacco resale license on file as well as any federal tobacco license you'll likely have to get at some point. Having to get a tobacco resale license alone puts you on the legal radar.

If I'm missing something, I apologize.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    Won’t change the fact that if the MAJORITY can no longer have vape gear shipped to their houses, the vape economy would nosedive, potentially stunting innovation with it. (Which is my favorite part lol) But, yeah, if the USPS vape ban doesn’t include corporations, then I’m sure you could ship from Chinese wholesalers easily if u have a $100 LLC set up... wholesaler sites that also allow for competitively priced single unit checkout would be your best friend. There are a few already. But let’s see. I have a sneaky suspicion that his law isn’t going to be enforced well in the first place. Not for a while.

Last edited:
    • Agree
    Reactions: WorksForMe

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    well, we’re talking about China :banana:

But I'm not too worried about USPS packages from Chinese retailers. They don't use their business name on the return address and the customs forms never divulge vape or e-cigarettes. So the USPS doesn't really know it's delivering a "tobacco product".

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    But I'm not too worried about USPS packages from Chinese retailers. They don't use their business name on the return address and the customs forms never divulge vape or e-cigarettes. So the USPS doesn't really know it's delivering a "tobacco product".

I agree. It's the US vendors that are going to be hurt by this. Nicotine might be a problem if UPS caves the way FedEx did. You can get nicotine from China, but a) what's it's quality like? and b) how much will it cost to ship?

Reactions: Plumes.91

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
    Sep 29, 2019
    North-Central PA (flyover country)
    I stopped in at the nearby vape shop today. It's a one man show about 15 minutes from where I live, in a small strip mall. I stop in once or twice a month just to see what's up and show some support. He has a bar with stools and I sit and shoot the breeze with him and show off my new acquisitions. In exchange for him listening, I never leave without buying something. 300 ml of e-liquid today - not because I really need it - but it can go into the freezer.

When I went in, he was helping a woman whose device wasn't working right, and the only problem was that she was overfilling it. That got resolved and she left without buying anything. Ingrate. Then, I only said "March 31st." He instantly knew what I was talking about and replied "Oh is that when that is?" I made the observation that the USPS ban should be good for business. He agreed and doesn't expect a problem in getting inventory. Hopefully he'll be able to up his game a little as most of his stock is pretty basic stuff. He's been sold out of cotton bacon for a while now and says that he can't get it. Strange, you can still get it from the on-line stores. That might be another item to stock up on while we can. But he gave me a couple complimentary packages of sheet cotton, which I'll use. Nice guy.

I recommend supporting the local shops because soon they may be all that's left.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I stopped in at the nearby vape shop today. It's a one man show about 15 minutes from where I live, in a small strip mall. I stop in once or twice a month just to see what's up and show some support. He has a bar with stools and I sit and shoot the breeze with him and show off my new acquisitions. In exchange for him listening, I never leave without buying something. 300 ml of e-liquid today - not because I really need it - but it can go into the freezer.

When I went in, he was helping a woman whose device wasn't working right, and the only problem was that she was overfilling it. That got resolved and she left without buying anything. Ingrate. Then, I only said "March 31st." He instantly knew what I was talking about and replied "Oh is that when that is?" I made the observation that the USPS ban should be good for business. He agreed and doesn't expect a problem in getting inventory. Hopefully he'll be able to up his game a little as most of his stock is pretty basic stuff. He's been sold out of cotton bacon for a while now and says that he can't get it. Strange, you can still get it from the on-line stores. That might be another item to stock up on while we can. But he gave me a couple complimentary packages of sheet cotton, which I'll use. Nice guy.

I recommend supporting the local shops because soon they may be all that's left.
    I don't mind supporting local shops but Gov. Wolf shut down the vast majority in PA a few years ago.

• Agree
    Reactions: Ed Brown

Ed Brown

ECF Veteran
    Sep 29, 2019
    North-Central PA (flyover country)
    I agree. It's the US vendors that are going to be hurt by this. Nicotine might be a problem if UPS caves the way FedEx did. You can get nicotine from China, but a) what's it's quality like? and b) how much will it cost to ship?

That's surprising. I know that when I bought nicotine, it couldn't be air shipped, and it went UPS ground. It took a little while to get here. So will they ship this from China by sea, and will it be ruined by the time it gets here, or will it be intentionally mis-labeled so it can ship by air?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I don't mind supporting local shops but Gov. Wolf shut down the vast majority in PA a few years ago.

As I understand it, it wasn't really that governor that caused that. It was the state tax department that was enforcing the new 40% vapor tax (with a crushing floor tax) incorrectly. They were taxing everything when the vapor tax law was actually written to only tax kits, juice and anything with juice in it.

Some vape shops shut down right off the bat as soon as the law went into effect as they couldn't afford the floor tax. But 2 vape businesses filed a lawsuit and won, and overpaid taxes were to be paid back to all the shops that overpaid taxes.

But this lawsuit took almost 2 years to win. In the meantime even more vape shops closed.

Here's a few links:

The Commonwealth Court has made their decision: Kingdom Vapor Emerges Victorious

Vape shops see partial win in tobacco tax court case | fox43.com

Vape Store Owners - Did You Get Your Tax Refund? | Tucker Arensberg, P.C.

Last edited:

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    In our state, you aren’t allowed to vape within 20 feet of a building if it isn’t your place of residence. It’s illegal. Same with cigarettes. So the vape shops are kind of, buy it before you try it. Unfortunately. It used to be that you could sample a flavor in a clearo with a drip tip sock on it. You can still smoke in some bars in Florida, but up here you basically need to be In your car. It’s a different world. I remember ashtrays on the tables in the mall food court.

Reactions: Ed Brown
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread