I love my new Screwdriver....

Status
Not open for further replies.
And You will too. I drive a truck all day long and used to smoke......alot. Then I got the e-cig. But the batterys didn't last long enough to vape all day. Then I got my Screwdriver. I'm an over 25 yr smoker and I've replaced it completely with this device. One fully charged batt will last all day without worry. Great vapor production. I'm not being paid for this in any way, matter of fact the da## thing was quite expensive, however; worth every penny.

sMuCk_fOg

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2009
Lakewood,California - u$a
Many of my days are 13-14 hrs.
Every Thursday is 15-16 hrs,
plus I commute 1- 11/2 hrs to and from work.

I needed something that would last at least a couple days on a charge ,
(in case of layover) and I found it.

I built a Nico stick...a 4 AA battery box,using 3 AA Nimh Batteries
( 4+ volts @ 2100 Mah on fresh charge )

Well under $20.00 to build and just over $20.00 for 4 batts and charger...

It lasts 60 + hrs.of straight vaping. I quit counting at 60 hrs ,and recharged them,
(even tho they were still producing a ton of vapor)

I've now built 6 of them and have givin them
to friends who are trying to give up analogs.

Last edited:

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Not for me. Unlike the 901, 801, etc, with the SD I get consistent throat hit. I wouldn't use it if I didn't.

What nic level juices do you normally use?

I need 6+ volts to get strong throat hit with any juices below 24mg/ml. Until I can reduce my need for the 'throat hit' sensation, I find it hard to reduce my nic levels using an 801-type device. That is why I was curious about the Screwdriver. I do find that around 5-5.5 volts, using a manual switch, is a great compromise for me between throat hit and flavor. Perhaps a prodigy would be a better device for me.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
What nic level juices do you normally use?

I need 6+ volts to get strong throat hit with any juices below 24mg/ml. Until I can reduce my need for the 'throat hit' sensation, I find it hard to reduce my nic levels using an 801-type device. That is why I was curious about the Screwdriver. I do find that around 5-5.5 volts, using a manual switch, is a great compromise for me between throat hit and flavor. Perhaps a prodigy would be a better device for me.

I mainly use 24mg but I'm starting to use some 18mg as a transition. I've also ordered the Prodigy and hope between it and my SD I will be set going forward. I am a little concerned that the higher volts on the Prodigy may diminish the flavor of the juice. I hope not but we will see.

Vapinginmyboots

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2009
Upstate NY, USA
I mainly use 24mg but I'm starting to use some 18mg as a transition. I've also ordered the Prodigy and hope between it and my SD I will be set going forward. I am a little concerned that the higher volts on the Prodigy may diminish the flavor of the juice. I hope not but we will see.
Same here. Awaiting on the Prodigy to arrive this week hopefully. Never tried the SD but wanted to b4 finding the Prodigy but im currently on 36mg juice 901&801 and hope to cut my own juice soon. I been stocking up on a large supply of stuff and have just quit the tobacco yesterday for the last time, and man do I have stuff coming this week! On the way to me, I got a 501, some unflavored 36mg juice, Loranns flavorings, and the Prodigy. Im a driver doing about 350 miles a day, with stress, vaping is soo much cleaner than the dirty tobacco nic method though :) I shall NEVER go back!

Last edited:

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Out of curiosity which version of the SD do people usually go for, the 801 or 901?

The original, or 901 version, is much more commonly owned. Trog only recently began offering the classic penstyle version, as a result of demand by those who prefer penstyle atomizers, but he definitely prefers the 901 (actually 4075) atomizer on an SD.

I have both. :p I got a penstyle version before they were generally available, through begging. But since I tried 510 carts on the 4075 atomizer, I use the original SD a whole lot more now. It's much sleeker, given that the atomizer itself is significantly smaller that the penstyle atomizer.

Cinnabar624

Apr 24, 2009
Dayton OH
I have the mini or 901 style also. I wasn't able to totally give up analogs until I got my SD. in fact, I just ordered one for my hubby so he'll quit stealing mine. The Screwdriver is expensive to start with, but is it ever worth the price in dependability, battery life, and cheap overall parts cost. It also delivers a consistent throat hit, which I really need to feel like I'm getting my 'fix'. :p

I find the Prodigy a tempting thought (my hubbie calls me 'Gadget-Girl'), but since I have already sunk so much money into the SD, I'll wait and see how well the first-adopters like it.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I have the mini or 901 style also. I wasn't able to totally give up analogs until I got my SD. in fact, I just ordered one for my hubby so he'll quit stealing mine. The Screwdriver is expensive to start with, but is it ever worth the price in dependability, battery life, and cheap overall parts cost. It also delivers a consistent throat hit, which I really need to feel like I'm getting my 'fix'. :p

I find the Prodigy a tempting thought (my hubbie calls me 'Gadget-Girl'), but since I have already sunk so much money into the SD, I'll wait and see how well the first-adopters like it.

Hey, Cinn, just like you, I couldn't get off the analogs completely until I got the SD. I can't imagine why anyone would want to hassle with small battery auto switch PV's anymore.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
The original, or 901 version, is much more commonly owned. Trog only recently began offering the classic penstyle version, as a result of demand by those who prefer penstyle atomizers, but he definitely prefers the 901 (actually 4075) atomizer on an SD.

I have both. :p I got a penstyle version before they were generally available, through begging. But since I tried 510 carts on the 4075 atomizer, I use the original SD a whole lot more now. It's much sleeker, given that the atomizer itself is significantly smaller that the penstyle atomizer.

yvilla, so you like the 510 blank carts in the 901 atomizer better on the SD? Where do you get your blank 510 carts from?

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
WV and Cinn, me too. I was constantly giving in to the temptation to buy a pack out of sheer frustration with regular ecigs and their batteries, before I got my first SD back in late November. Since then, not an issue.

WV, yes, because the 510 cart really holds more liquid, so topping off is less frequent. I bought a couple of five packs from Dietsmokes, and have been really happy with them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread