I predict Vaping will eventually fade out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
Okay, I admit it, sensational titling there. But it is such a great system that I actually believe it to be true. vaping is such an effective alternative to the cancer sticks that much of society has embraced over the decades. As smokers increasingly find vaping and stop smoking, there will be less people using tobacco. The tobacco companies will go the way of the horse and buggy - obsolete. When kids no longer see adults smoking, the kids will no longer want to look "grown up" and start in the first place. Thus, there will be less smokers that need to vape and get off the death sticks. And, since eCigs only advertise and market to smokers (actually, they responsibly advise non-smokers to not vape) there will be a decreasing market share within vaping. Of course many of us will be vaping for the next many years, but if you think about it, vaping is here to stop the vicious cycle of "new cigarette smokers" and free the current ones.

I know there will be some that will say, "Tobacco companies will always make sure that there are new smokers to addict to their product, thus there will always be a need for vaping to set the next generation free." That's possible too. But, I think society is getting pretty tired of handing over our youth to this mentality. Unless we let tobacco companies eek their way into the vaping industry - seeing a new, more politically correct way to market Marlboro. Just imagine if in the year 2020 people were vaping Camel PV's!? Of course with all the added toxins, taxes and regulations, too. : o

Vaping (imo) is best served if we can get every last person on the planet off of cancer sticks. And, free from any addiction to nicotine. :2cool:

Cheers!

Last edited:

yvilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2008
Rochester, NY
Just imagine if in the year 2020 people were vaping Camel PV's!? Of course with all the added toxins, taxes and regulations, too. : o

But, it is really not added toxins that cause all the disease and death that can result from smoking - it is the fact that smoking involves burning vegetable matter and paper. It is the toxic products of combustion that number in the thousands. In short, it is the smoke!

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
But, it is really not added toxins that cause all the disease and death that can result from smoking - it is the fact that smoking involves burning vegetable matter and paper. It is the toxic products of combustion that number in the thousands. In short, it is the smoke!

If the tobacco companies have a say in it...they'll find a way to put "smoke" in the vapor! Okay, I'm being a bit silly, but you get my point...maybe. lol

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
You are forgetting those of us that use cigarettes (and of course now vaping) to self-medicate for things like mild depression. Those are the ones that could NEVER quit using normal means.

Wow, I never knew of that portion. Of course, vaping will never completely go away. And, I'm sure it will increase at least a thousand fold, before it even begins to "fade out". And, I'm not saying when the fading out will happen...I'm just sayin'. : )

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
I say this because vaping is such an effective alternative to the cancer sticks that society has embraced over the decades. As smokers increasingly find vaping and stop smoking, there will be less people using tobacco. The tobacco companies will go the way of the horse and buggy - obsolete. When kids no longer see adults smoking, the kids will no longer want to look "grown up" and start in the first place. Thus, there will be less smokers that need to vape and get off the death sticks. And, since eCigs only advertise and market to smokers (actually, they responsibly advise non-smokers to not vape) there will be a decreasing market share within vaping. Of course many of us will be vaping for the next many years, but if you think about it, vaping is here to stop the vicious cycle of "new cigarette smokers" and free the current ones.

I know there will be some that will say, "Tobacco companies will always make sure that there are new smokers to addict to their product, thus there will always be a need for vaping to set the next generation free." That's possible too. But, I think society is getting pretty tired of handing over our youth to this mentality. Unless we let tobacco companies eek their way into the vaping industry - seeing a new, more politically correct way to market Marlboro. Just imagine if in the year 2020 people were vaping Camel PV's!? Of course with all the added toxins, taxes and regulations, too. : o

Vaping (imo) is best served if we can get every last person on the planet off of cancer sticks. And, free from any addiction to nicotine. :2cool:

Cheers!

You say society, like all societies are equal...smoking is still a very huge thing in 3rd world nations...Anti-smoking campaigns are more common in first world nations, or nations that are highly developed.

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
I still think vaping is an evolving industry with many years ahead of it. :)

I completely agree. I'm "tongue-in-cheeking" here, pretty much. My point is that vaping isn't in the business of needing to capture kids to make it successful, and it seems it is more about helping people get free from the smoking addiction. I would guess if all the vapers in the world could flip a switch and not have any nicotine addiction, ever again....many of them would no longer vape.

Last edited:

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
I still think vaping is an evolving industry with many years ahead of it. :)

I completely agree. I'm "tongue-in-cheeking" here, pretty much. My point is that vaping isn't in the business of needing to capture kids to make it successful, and it seems it is more about helping people get free from addiction that kills. I would guess if all the vapers in the world could flip a switch and not have any nicotine addiction, ever again....many of them would no longer vape. I know I wouldn't.

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
You say society, like all societies are equal...smoking is still a very huge thing in 3rd world nations...Anti-smoking campaigns are more common in first world nations, or nations that are highly developed.

Good point. And, even some highly developed nations embrace smoking with a vigor still. I know Japan does.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
IVaping (imo) is best served if we can get every last person on the planet off of cancer sticks. And, free from any addiction to nicotine. :2cool:

Cheers!

Nicotine is not necessarily a bad thing. And the evidence is mounting that it can even be beneficial. :) Do some research if you don't believe me.

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
Nicotine is not necessarily a bad thing. And the evidence is mounting that it can even be beneficial. :) Do some research if you don't believe me.

From the research I have done on nicotine, it would seem it is not much worse for us than the caffeine in coffee. However, it is extremely addictive. From research I have done. I don't believe vaping is a bad thing, I think it is a godsend. Especially for it's liberating benefits to the smoker. I might even keep vaping after I get down to 0mg nic (if possible). Because I really enjoy the tactile, as well.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
I follow the logic and understand the sentiment but making predictions so far into the future is really an exercise in futility.

Pressure release valves will always be needed. If it isn't vaping, it will be something else. Perhaps vaping will be so successful that it will drive itself to extinction. Perhaps not. No matter how it turns out, I hope they have as much fun as we are having now with vaping and that, by then, human life will be worth more than falling tax revenue.

Please join me in taking a puff to the future! :)

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
I follow the logic and understand the sentiment but making predictions so far into the future is really an exercise in futility.

Pressure release valves will always be needed. If it isn't vaping, it will be something else. Perhaps vaping will be so successful that it will drive itself to extinction. Perhaps not. No matter how it turns out, I hope they have as much fun as we are having now with vaping and that, by then, human life will be worth more than falling tax revenue.

Please join me in taking a puff to the future! :)

....*future puff*

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
I suppose vaping could become much more popular, but I dont' think the tobacco companies will ever go out of business. There are still people that pefer to smoke even after trying an e-cig. I know someone like that myself. If you look at it objectively, you do need some motivation to vape. It's a lot of hassle to deal with batteries, atomizers, and juice. With a cigarette, you just pull one out and light it. Much more convenient. Though, for anyone on this forum, we all would much rather go through the extra hassle of vaping than continue to damage our health and stink up our environment with ciggies. You would think every smoker would feel that way, but it's simply not the case.

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
I don't think it'll be obsolete in a few years like you think. I look for BT to get more involved and start selling them as well. I just hope they leave all the crap out of the juice. As for youngsters, it seems that less and less are smoking these days compared to when I was in school.

I think conventional smoking will become obsolete. Not in a "few" years...probably more like 20 or 30 years. And, I tend to agree with you that BT will probably get involved in vaping, eventually. Hopefully not in a nefarious way. But, as the saying goes, If you can't beat 'em...

Last edited:

VapeMeStoopid

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
USUK
Cigarettes, will never become obsolete, it is an addiction for the people and a money maker for the governments.

Like all things, E-Cigs will soon be regulated and juice companies will be under strict health regulations. Eventually it will all be taxed and we will be paying the same prices as the cigs.

It's a shame that something that can save lives, is much less important than something that kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread