MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Last one for today for me.

I still have this complete set of Supper T (S6s)
with 510, 901, 801 tops and all the extras that I got when it was new. :)

S6008.jpg
[/URL]

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
I'll bet all those various tops come in really handy these days.
[/sarcasm]

:laugh:

Sure -- just like 6 or so various top caps I purchased (and have) for my "back up" Indulgence, that I never used. (the broken original was PIFed to a modder.) It was so cool to have a mod with top caps for every type of atty made.
Ba_dum__CHING_by_Draygone_zpsb7d3b518.gif

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I recall thinking a Riva with a 2.5 atty/cart was the best. I had a needle topped squeeze bottle for easy refills. After a few weeks I wondered what all the fuss was- people having so many problems...

Then, after soaking and cleaning all my stuff- everything went to h-ll! I shopped around for precut blu foam and had several helpful supplies in my carts.

Then I read about Boge 2.0's, and that's been it. Too scared to try anything else and end up back at that Bad place where nothing works.

I did try one of the first clearos ( besides the CE2), the G4. And that failed and was the end of my experimentation.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I recall thinking a Riva with a 2.5 atty/cart was the best. I had a needle topped squeeze bottle for easy refills. After a few weeks I wondered what all the fuss was- people having so many problems...

Then, after soaking and cleaning all my stuff- everything went to h-ll! I shopped around for precut blu foam and had several helpful supplies in my carts.

Then I read about Boge 2.0's, and that's been it. Too scared to try anything else and end up back at that Bad place where nothing works.

I did try one of the first clearos ( besides the CE2), the G4. And that failed and was the end of my experimentation.

I've only been vaping about a year, so I think the cartos/cartotanks were considered "old tech" before I even got here, but I don't care; I still like them; the only real downside to them is the constant carto replacement, like replaceable coils, but other than that, they're a great vape, and very convenient.

But my own "I remember when..." is that I used to like Virginia e-juice. I liked it well enough to substitute it for smoking Virginia Slims, but once my tastebuds started waking up, I didn't like it anymore. :shock:

:D
    Andria

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I've only been vaping about a year, so I think the cartos/cartotanks were considered "old tech" before I even got here, but I don't care; I still like them; the only real downside to them is the constant carto replacement, like replaceable coils, but other than that, they're a great vape, and very convenient.

But my own "I remember when..." is that I used to like Virginia e-juice. I liked it well enough to substitute it for smoking Virginia Slims, but once my tastebuds started waking up, I didn't like it anymore. :shock:

:D
    Andria

I'd much rather replace a 75c carto than a $5 sub ohm tank atty.

Pre carto tank days, we carried our spare cartos in a TicTac box.
    tic-tac1.jpg

erictho

ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2011
    Edmonton
    was anyone else in this thread mystified at the recent popularity of box mods? that was funny to see after peacing out on the current vaping trends for a couple years.

also: i remember when i got my very first pv order. i got 5 bottles of liquid and an ego- t starter kit. i read on this forum very carefully and found a retailer that had a reasonable price for two 650 mah batteries and two atomizers: $60! all the other retailers in canada wanted near $100! it was an excellent deal! most users had luck in keeping these original atomizers in satisfactory working order for months. so i figured i would make my original investment and reap the benefits of being broke for a while.
    10 days into my vaping adventures both atomizers completely gave up on life. i had soaked them. i soaked them in isopropyl some more. i debridged (ruined) them and tried to set everything back in place.
    i then tried some ce2's. like the vision ones that first came out where most of the pieces were fused (later the drip tip would come apart and whatnot). then i tried those awful clearomizers, there used to be a term that referred to these types specifically, but that changed a couple years back when they left he market. a pack of five came with a shoddy pair of tweezers and a syringe cap (which didn't work). you had to syringe fill the clearomizer with the plastic condom over the 510 threading so the liquid didn't just leak through. then you had to use the tweezers to plug the feed hole back up. when you pulled the condom off the clearomizer leaked anyway. it just leaked in general. it held a cool 0.5 ml liquid.
    what a terrible overall experience. no wonder i was stoked to finally try a cartomizers, they sounded hard to fill.
    then smoktech carto tanks came out, awesome! i had read about carto tanks on this forum but i wasn't about to make my own. then i kinda stayed on that atomizing strategy. i've tried vivi novas and i have a few untouched rebuildables.

just gave away my vmod with this last move. oh well.

i had a boge revolution once. it was cool until it broke.

Last edited:

erictho

ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2011
    Edmonton
    Yeah, box mods seem to be making a big comeback, I like it...:)

Anybody else have some fun and pull out something very old (but serviceable) out of your stash box when you are going to a B&M?
    The reactions are a riot from the young clerks that haven't ever seen a 510 atty, or a CE-2.

no joking. i found myself in a sticky situation last week where i ran out of cartos and had to wait on an order. i thought that with the amount of vape shops now in my city i could find SOMEWHERE that sold smoktech carto tank cartos. one place referred me to her boss who had to google it and comment that it was old and that they had much newer and shinier things. he was chatty yet became quite confused when i stated that i had all the mechs i could ever want and that i was uninterested in this newer stuff simply because i couldn't care.
    in the troubleshooting process when he was trying to figure out what i wanted (before the google search) he asked me if i rebuilded my own coils for the cartos. i found it awkward because i could tell him i knew enough about the tea bag and blue foam stuff, but also had to explain that everyone had given up cleaning and rebuilding their cartos long ago. it was a weird conversation.
    i look forward to going to their shop and blowing their minds. it's too bad i didn't keep some of my leftover awful clearomizers. someone needs to do a vapers react to old vape gear youtube video.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    I remember when, just 5 years ago, people used e-cigs solely for a cessation to smoking. Fast forward a few years and you have cloud chasing comps, 200 watt devices and .1 resistance atomizers.

This stuff is a sport now. I'm just waiting for the announcement for the vaping Olympics.

Hell, EATING has become a competition sport. :facepalm: I always figured it was for the purpose of nutrition, but apparently I've been missing the boat all these years. I could eat COMPETITIVELY and weigh 300 lbs and that would show how good I was at it! :facepalm:

Andria

freeall

ECF Veteran
    Jan 22, 2011
    Canada
    Yea, it's gotten pretty ridiculous. People that have never smoked at all before, are all of a sudden on board with the box mods and cloud chuckin attys.

Not that I have a problem with it, but it sure does make a person shake their head at it. Reading the threads started by newbs in the 'new members' section. Yikes.

I sound like an old man lol.

Get off my lawn!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Yea, it's gotten pretty ridiculous. People that have never smoked at all before, are all of a sudden on board with the box mods and cloud chuckin attys.

Not that I have a problem with it, but it sure does make a person shake their head at it. Reading the threads started by newbs in the 'new members' section. Yikes.

I sound like an old man lol.

Get off my lawn!

Yeah, and I'm drivin this Magma on my Fallen Angel the way my husband says I drive the truck...like a granny. :D :facepalm: I can just imagine the kind of looks my 1.5Ω at a "Kicked" 9.5w would get at SteamCigs... that head tilt thing that dogs do when they hear something new and strange. :D

Andria

TheBikeGuy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 26, 2014
    Dry Ridge, Kentucky, USA
    I remember when almost everyone at a vape meet had a ProVari and almost all had carto tanks on them -- especially Lava Tanks. I thought they were ugly. :laugh: (That opinion sure changed.)

The shops around here still carry some carto-tanks -- but I have no idea if they actually carry the cartos!

There are a lot of people who still use cartos and carto tanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread