I think i'm burning out Cartomizers too fast! Provari user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I have zero experience with vivi nova.. I'd that a brand of cartomizer or tank or combination of the two? I'm still a little unsure if wicks are for attys or cartomizers :-/

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Vision Vivi Novas are prolly the easiest delivery system to use.
Different delivery systems:- note bolded Atty, Carto, etc is the abbreviated form

Atomizer/ Atty- an element on to which 3-4 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean. There are some diehard Atty users because it’s the best vape possible but very time consuming.

Cartridge/ Cart- a container with sponge (filled with juice) that is used with the Atty- juice drips on to Atty from filled cart and is vaporized- older outdated first “tank” system and prone to leaks unless the user is willing to buy extra seals and “fiddle” with them.

Cartomizer/ Carto- metal tube with stuffing and element. Holds anywhere form 1- 4 ml of juice. Carto is fully saturated and must be occasionally refilled when juice runs out. My Cartos last 1-2 weeks. Best Cartomizer I’ve found is the Smok Tech XL 1.7 single coil. Boge 2.0 ohm cartos will give a cooler vape. Always use single coil cartos with 3.3- 3.7 PVs for the best vape.

Carto+Tank- a Carto with a hole punched in it. Carto is than placed in a glass, metal or plastic tank which is filled with juice- juice saturates Carto by way of hole in Carto. My Cartos with a tank last, before tight draw occurs: light juices- 80-90 ml. dark juices- 50-60 ml.

Clearomizer (includes the Stardust and the Vivi Nova Tank)- a plastic or metal tank with a wick and element. Contains NO stuffing. The rebuildable clearos come with heads (coil+ wick) that can be cheaply ($2.00) and easily (10 secs) replaced. When the head burns out simply unscrew the old head out and screw in new head- takes 10 secs. My Vivi Nova heads are lasting about 10+ weeks BUT I wash the heads every few days. I've found the Vivi Nova to give the best draw.

There's also RBA available now- rebuildable atomizers- there is a learning curve to these IMO.

New Orleans

Apr 22, 2013
New Orleans
I must say, the cartomizer/tank system is by far my favorite. I'm using an ego-t with fixed voltage, and i've found some strange things. for one, sometimes my cartos last a week before gurgling and clogging up. Other times, they can go for over a month! I always assumed that this was due to the manufacturer, sorta like luck of the draw. Is there anything I can do to get more life out of my cartos? Thanks in advance

elited

Apr 20, 2013
California
Vision Vivi Novas are prolly the easiest delivery system to use.
Different delivery systems:- note bolded Atty, Carto, etc is the abbreviated form

Atomizer/ Atty- an element on to which 3-4 drops of juice is dripped- usually used for testing new juices because Attys are easy to clean. There are some diehard Atty users because it’s the best vape possible but very time consuming.

Cartridge/ Cart- a container with sponge (filled with juice) that is used with the Atty- juice drips on to Atty from filled cart and is vaporized- older outdated first “tank” system and prone to leaks unless the user is willing to buy extra seals and “fiddle” with them.

Cartomizer/ Carto- metal tube with stuffing and element. Holds anywhere form 1- 4 ml of juice. Carto is fully saturated and must be occasionally refilled when juice runs out. My Cartos last 1-2 weeks. Best Cartomizer I’ve found is the Smok Tech XL 1.7 single coil. Boge 2.0 ohm cartos will give a cooler vape. Always use single coil cartos with 3.3- 3.7 PVs for the best vape.

Carto+Tank- a Carto with a hole punched in it. Carto is than placed in a glass, metal or plastic tank which is filled with juice- juice saturates Carto by way of hole in Carto. My Cartos with a tank last, before tight draw occurs: light juices- 80-90 ml. dark juices- 50-60 ml.

Clearomizer (includes the Stardust and the Vivi Nova Tank)- a plastic or metal tank with a wick and element. Contains NO stuffing. The rebuildable clearos come with heads (coil+ wick) that can be cheaply ($2.00) and easily (10 secs) replaced. When the head burns out simply unscrew the old head out and screw in new head- takes 10 secs. My Vivi Nova heads are lasting about 10+ weeks BUT I wash the heads every few days. I've found the Vivi Nova to give the best draw.

There's also RBA available now- rebuildable atomizers- there is a learning curve to these IMO.

Can you use any clearomizer with any tank or is it specific and sold together for a reason?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Can you use any clearomizer with any tank or is it specific and sold together for a reason?

There are 2 tank systems:
A cartomizer with a hole in it. The cartomizer is then placed in a tank.
Carto Tank.jpg

OR a Vivi Nova type tank
vivi-nova-mini-kit-2.jpg

Both the above delivery systems are 510 threaded and work with 510 threaded PVs.

elited

Apr 20, 2013
California
There are 2 tank systems:
A cartomizer with a hole in it. The cartomizer is then placed in a tank.
View attachment 202127

OR a Vivi Nova type tank
View attachment 202129

Both the above delivery systems are 510 threaded and work with 510 threaded PVs.

There is a store in my area that sells these. Maybe I'll see what they have and give it a try. Although I do have a $50 cirrus tank... which apparently will be retired if I start using just this.. So.. Are the parts in the clearonizer just atty parts? Sorry for piggybacking so many questions but I appreciate the help! :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
There is a store in my area that sells these. Maybe I'll see what they have and give it a try. Although I do have a $50 cirrus tank... which apparently will be retired if I start using just this.. So.. Are the parts in the clearonizer just atty parts? Sorry for piggybacking so many questions but I appreciate the help! :)

No need to apologize as we all want you to have the best possible vape experience. Make ABSOLUTE sure they are VISION brand Vivi Novas- knockoffs are problematic...I can't stress this enuff.
The parts of a Vivi Nova are:
plastic tank
base which includes the airway
drip tip
Head (contains a wick+ element/ coil)- this is the part that you can replace.
Give me a few minutes and I find a better pic.

vivinova-vivi-nova-clearomizer-for-ego-sereis.jpg Vivi-Nova-Tank-Vision-Clearomizer-04-.jpg

Last edited:

elited

Apr 20, 2013
California
No need to apologize as we all want you to have the best possible vape experience. Make ABSOLUTE sure they are VISION brand Vivi Novas- knockoffs are problematic...I can't stress this enuff.
plastic tank
drip tip

View attachment 202132 View attachment 202133

I purchased a vivi nova tank. Might have been a mistake. Came with a 2.5 atty. The first problem was the fact that the tank kept giving me an e 1 error. Loosened the tank and it worked... but the same juice just seems to vape better, smoother with a cartomizer. Tested ranges between 3.8-4.5

JiGGLiN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
Los Angeles
I purchased a vivi nova tank. Might have been a mistake. Came with a 2.5 atty. The first problem was the fact that the tank kept giving me an e 1 error. Loosened the tank and it worked... but the same juice just seems to vape better, smoother with a cartomizer. Tested ranges between 3.8-4.5

Retighten your vivi nova and adjust the voltage down if you are getting e1 errors.

E1 errors mean two possible things...you're setting the voltage too high and exceeding the limits set by the provari OR you have a short. You shouldn't be getting an e1 error on a voltage setting of 3.8 with a 2.5 ohm coil. If so, it means you have a bad coil (short)

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Your ecig vendors were correct. For a Provari you want high resistance cartomizers (2.5 - 3.0 ohm resistance) to take full advantage of the widest range of voltages that the Provari can offer you. I'd appreciate a link to the online website that recommended using low resistance cartomizers for a Provari - they are wrong.

Provape recommends high resistance cartomizers for the Provari, as the Provape sponsored video here shows at the 3:00 minute mark. ProVape Electronic Cigarette Atomizers & Cartomizers Refill and Instructional Video - YouTube

There are other tutorial videos on the Provape website that you may find useful: The ProVape How-to guide to electronic cigarettes

The Safe Vaping Power Chart is a useful guideline to help determine which resistance (ohm rating) is best for the voltage range you are using. http://www.ecigadvanced.com/community/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/power.jpg

The author of this chart also wrote an article on finding your "sweet spot" using variable voltage: Guide to Safe Vaping - E-Cigarette Safety | Ecig Advanced Community Blog

The Provari has a built in atomizer meter which will display the resistance in ohms "under load" of a connected heating coil, which is the most accurate and useful reading.

Low resistance cartomizers (1.5 - 2.0 ohm) are generally meant to be used on fixed voltage devices. They will be limited to be used only at lower voltage setting (4.0 volts or lower), that is what they are designed for. Standard resistance (2.0 - 2.5 ohm) or high resistance (2.5 - 3.0 ohm) are meant to be used at higher voltages.

Hey bro. And another time we can agree to disagree. I'm using 1.7- 2.2 ohm carto on the Provari's. Around 3.5- 4.0 volt. Give tnt nice pleasure. I really don't like using the higher voltage because of the simple fact that i also use all this on a straight mechanical also. But the Provari will handle either one. User preference. :2c:

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
plastic tank
drip tip

View attachment 202132 View attachment 202133

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ 100 times. I've seen the knock off and they are all junk. Especially the ones from a company that begings with the letter S. Stay with the Vision brand and you won't go wrong.

elited

Apr 20, 2013
California
Retighten your vivi nova and adjust the voltage down if you are getting e1 errors.

E1 errors mean two possible things...you're setting the voltage too high and exceeding the limits set by the provari OR you have a short. You shouldn't be getting an e1 error on a voltage setting of 3.8 with a 2.5 ohm coil. If so, it means you have a bad coil (short)

Well that fixed that. I have the box the tank came in... doesn't say the brand name anywhere on it. Just vivi nova. But it's working better.

JiGGLiN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Glad you figured it out. The "fake" vivi novas I've seen have all have cheap thin plastic insulators.

One way to check which one you have is to look at the atty...unscrew the top. If your atty has a metal pointed tip, it's a knock off. Genuine vivi atty's have a hole there instead and you can see the coils looking down into it.

My friends complain of a burnt plastic taste sometimes, which is caused by the plastic getting burned from "hot legs" of the atty.

More often from the "mini" versions.

Make sure you "tilt & twirl" to keep the wicks full of juice and don't try to vape the vivi till dry. I would refill at half tank or so to prevent "dry hits".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteamDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2013
Rebublic of Texas
It's a single coil. i took one apart 2 days ago after being frustrated and confused at to what is burning out my cartomizers. I'm not sure what the ohms on it are... it might be a single coil 2.0 but the AO thing on the cartomizer reads 2.9? So i'm not sure what that means...

AO thing = Atomizer Ohms

elited

Apr 20, 2013
California
Glad you figured it out. The "fake" vivi novas I've seen have all have cheap thin plastic insulators.

One way to check which one you have is to look at the atty...unscrew the top. If your atty has a metal pointed tip, it's a knock off. Genuine vivi atty's have a hole there instead and you can see the coils looking down into it.

My friends complain of a burnt plastic taste sometimes, which is caused by the plastic getting burned from "hot legs" of the atty.

More often from the "mini" versions.

Make sure you "tilt & twirl" to keep the wicks full of juice and don't try to vape the vivi till dry. I would refill at half tank or so to prevent "dry hits".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually working quite nicely now. It's a different feel than cartomizers that's for sure. Much... cleaner(?) Pull, it feels... like the site flow is better and the vapor is smoother. I also think I found the reason I was shorting out.. the battery connection to the atty was touching the outer rim so when it was screwed in, it was causing a short. Although I figured it out after I swapped heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread