Status
Not open for further replies.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
So I've been vaping 4.5 years now. Really still a low watt tootle puffer. I probably vape 6ml or so a day now and that has been as high as maybe 10 ml a day. For about my first 3 years I vaped 50/50, for the past 1.5 years mostly 70/30. Not one cig and yes, all bad physical signs from ciggies have appeared gone for ages now. All my juice has come from very well known suppliers.

I could/should? have taken a couple pics but I think I can describe the situation adequately.

I drive a 5 door Ponitac Vibe. I got it in Jan before I started vaping in April of 2015. So yes, I did smoke in this car for about 2.5 months. Still, I've Vaped in it Daily for at least 20 min a day for 4.5 years now.

Yes, I AM probably a pig but I still haven't felt the need to clean the inside of my car windows until recently. On the drivers inside window I've noticed a clear, flaky film on my window, bad enough that it's started to actually flake off. Interesting. One important note, I had the full inside tinted the month I bought the car so the windows were essentially sterile when I started vaping inside the car.

I critiqued things carefully. The film was by far the worst on my window. Next came the window Behind me. Next came the front passenger window with the cleanest being the passengers rear window. This makes perfect sense as the car HVAC is 100% aimed at me. There Really Is Nothing Else the flaky film can be but vape residue. Arguably very similar to what has actually been going into my lungs. Again, medically, I have no known respitory issues.

My tint peeps said clean with just warm water with a few drops of Dawn dish detergent. You'll recall that Dawn is what they use to get crude oil off of birds caught in oil spills, how be it much stronger amounts of Dawn than I'm using. So I got some micro fiber and *important* water As Hot As I Could Stand, Easily 130-140F and a dribble of Dawn in about a 1/2 gal container. This again was the reco from the tint folks to not damage the tint when cleaning it.

Now comes the scary part.

VERY Hot Water, light Dawn and Heavy elbow grease with the micro fiber were Barely Able to remove the vape residue. These were WAY WORSE conditions than I EVER want inside my lungs (to clean). Honestly, it took Three Heavy go arounds to get probably 95% of the residue off. Even Worse was honestly, I don't think the Very Hot water and Dawn were effective At All against the film. (??!!) Most of the film came off from elbow grease After the window was dry from any cleaning juice. Pg and Vg are Supposed to be water soluble and Water Soluble IS what you want near your lungs. My personal experience here Does Not bear out the Totally Water Soluble point, at least not to me anyway.

This is pretty damn scary if you ask me. I enjoy vaping but this will have me switching to 3mg juice Soon in preparation for quitting. As I said, I've already been decreasing my vape amounts before this.

I am not a Dr or a Chemist but I am fairly certain of this.

What I was almost not able to remove from glass was definitely vape residue.
It is logical to assume the same deposits that were on that glass are inside my lungs. BOTH have been exposed to vaping the same amount of time.

Honestly, to me, thus means a Much Higher Chance of some serious respitory issues from long term vaping.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
Your lungs self-clean continuously. Your car doesn't.
It's like leaving ketchup on a plate for 4 years and then being startled that it has turned into a ball of mould. Then assuming your stomach must be full of mould.....
Education. It's not just for children.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
So I've been vaping 4.5 years now. Really still a low watt tootle puffer. I probably vape 6ml or so a day now and that has been as high as maybe 10 ml a day. For about my first 3 years I vaped 50/50, for the past 1.5 years mostly 70/30. Not one cig and yes, all bad physical signs from ciggies have appeared gone for ages now. All my juice has come from very well known suppliers.

I could/should? have taken a couple pics but I think I can describe the situation adequately.

I drive a 5 door Ponitac Vibe. I got it in Jan before I started vaping in April of 2015. So yes, I did smoke in this car for about 2.5 months. Still, I've Vaped in it Daily for at least 20 min a day for 4.5 years now.

Yes, I AM probably a pig but I still haven't felt the need to clean the inside of my car windows until recently. On the drivers inside window I've noticed a clear, flaky film on my window, bad enough that it's started to actually flake off. Interesting. One important note, I had the full inside tinted the month I bought the car so the windows were essentially sterile when I started vaping inside the car.

I critiqued things carefully. The film was by far the worst on my window. Next came the window Behind me. Next came the front passenger window with the cleanest being the passengers rear window. This makes perfect sense as the car HVAC is 100% aimed at me. There Really Is Nothing Else the flaky film can be but vape residue. Arguably very similar to what has actually been going into my lungs. Again, medically, I have no known respitory issues.

My tint peeps said clean with just warm water with a few drops of Dawn dish detergent. You'll recall that Dawn is what they use to get crude oil off of birds caught in oil spills, how be it much stronger amounts of Dawn than I'm using. So I got some micro fiber and *important* water As Hot As I Could Stand, Easily 130-140F and a dribble of Dawn in about a 1/2 gal container. This again was the reco from the tint folks to not damage the tint when cleaning it.

Now comes the scary part.

VERY Hot Water, light Dawn and Heavy elbow grease with the micro fiber were Barely Able to remove the vape residue. These were WAY WORSE conditions than I EVER want inside my lungs (to clean). Honestly, it took Three Heavy go arounds to get probably 95% of the residue off. Even Worse was honestly, I don't think the Very Hot water and Dawn were effective At All against the film. (??!!) Most of the film came off from elbow grease After the window was dry from any cleaning juice. Pg and Vg are Supposed to be water soluble and Water Soluble IS what you want near your lungs. My personal experience here Does Not bear out the Totally Water Soluble point, at least not to me anyway.

This is pretty damn scary if you ask me. I enjoy vaping but this will have me switching to 3mg juice Soon in preparation for quitting. As I said, I've already been decreasing my vape amounts before this.

I am not a Dr or a Chemist but I am fairly certain of this.

What I was almost not able to remove from glass was definitely vape residue.
It is logical to assume the same deposits that were on that glass are inside my lungs. BOTH have been exposed to vaping the same amount of time.

Honestly, to me, thus means a Much Higher Chance of some serious respitory issues from long term vaping.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl
YAY another Vibe owner. I had one from 2008 until just last year when I replaced it with a Subaru Outback. I just cleaned the inside of the windows every couple of months along the way and never had it take much effort to do. The one thing I did have to be sure to do is change the in cabin filter annually. That was more due to pollen levels here in Louisiana.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
  1. It's probably just as logical to assume that all the plastic parts of your interior are off gassing in hot weather. Maybe vape in a clean room for 4 or 5 years and get back to us.

The car is was 11 years old when I got it, most of the outgassing had probably already happened.
If the film were from outgassing it would have been nearly equally bad on each window, Definitely NOT the case.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Just imagine how bad smoking tobacco is!!! :eek:
Funny you should mention that.

I am 60ish now. When I was in my teens our church bought an old greyhound bus to be our new church bus. It had been smoked in For Years.

I STILL remember yellow, brown reconstituted tobacco juice dripping down of the walls and ceiling while we cleaned it, yes, one of The Most Disgusting things I've ever personally witnessed.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
YAY another Vibe owner. I had one from 2008 until just last year when I replaced it with a Subaru Outback. I just cleaned the inside of the windows every couple of months along the way and never had it take much effort to do. The one thing I did have to be sure to do is change the in cabin filter annually. That was more due to pollen levels here in Louisiana.
Very rare for both a Japanese and American car company to make a dual model car for each maker that is nearly the same. (Pontiac Vibe equals Toyota Matrix)

Having to work at stayng away from an 09 with only 65k miles on it...

PS The old Vibe factory is the Current Tesla factory.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Very rare for both a Japanese and American car company to make a dual model car for each maker that is nearly the same. (Pontiac Vibe equals Toyota Matrix)

Having to work at stayng away from an 09 with only 65k miles on it...

PS The old Vibe factory is the Current Tesla factory.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl
Yeah mine only had 67,000 on it when I traded it in. BUT it had issues. It ran like heck until it didn't and it was a permanent problem once that happened.

• Disagree
Reactions: Don29palms

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
the Universe
Hmmm...
1phoga.jpg

No disrespect, or offense, meant to anyone. :D

Jeez all the modern tech in cars these days and still no self cleaning windows. Argh!!!! ;)

wetclay

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
UAE
Similar residue was not even reported in B&M vape shops. Vape residue is more easily wiped off. PG & VG don't dry off. On the contrary, they are hygroscopic, i.e. attract water.
What you describe sounds more like tinting glue, the clear glue used to fix the tinting film. Had the tinting changed one year ago, and the residue underneath was exactly what you describe and took them a couple of hours to scrub it off. Sometimes they over=apply the glue and it ends up on the inner surface.... just a theory
However, I won't discourage you from quitting vaping. One further step in harm reduction.

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Similar residue was not even reported in B&M vape shops. Vape residue is more easily wiped off. PG & VG don't dry off. On the contrary, they are hygroscopic, i.e. attract water.
What you describe sounds more like tinting glue, the clear glue used to fix the tinting film. Had the tinting changed one year ago, and the residue underneath was exactly what you describe and took them a couple of hours to scrub it off. Sometimes they over=apply the glue and it ends up on the inner surface.... just a theory
However, I won't discourage you from quitting vaping. One further step in harm reduction.
The tint glue made its way thru the tint itself to the surface?? And in different degrees on different windows in the same car?
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Jenn Perry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
OK...OMG....

FIRST...If you have NEVER EVER cleaned your windows in your car...this is a heavy build up of VG in your car after years of vaping even low vaping. I vape about 60 plus mils a day and am a cancer patient. I have regular (every 4 months) complete chest xrays along with MRIs top to bottom. I started vaping Dec 3, 2013 so going on 6 years here so very soon. Dec 3 was the day I got the news I had brain tumors.

My first xray for my chest before I started chemo my lungs were bad. I had smoked almost 3 packs a day for over 3 decades. I have some scarring damage as well and was border line beginning COPD. After 1 year of vaping my asthma completely gone, my COPD gone, my chest clear and scarring was reduced. Fast forward to 2 months ago, my xrays show clear and my scarring is mild. I will ALWAYS have scarring as the damage was done over decades of smoking.

NOW to the car thing...DUDE...ya gotta clean the darn windows LOLOL...I clean mine weekly. The VG builds up over time on the surface and will become "flaky" as you put it and you have a film from the tinting. Then factor in sun, heat, cold, etc YEAH it's gonna do that. WE ARE NOT VAPING OILS THE THING KILLING PEOPLE!!!! If after 6 years of regular xrays and MRIs don't ya think they would have seen "flaky" ling tissue or sludge in my lungs?? Does any of the MILLIONS who have vaped LONGER than me and NOT getting sick have "flaky" lung??? COME ON...

NOT ONE!!! Issue in the UK NOT A SINGLE SICK PERSON!!! WHY??????

BECAUSE THIS WAS A HOSTILE TAKE OVER BY THE CIGARETTE COMPANIES HELPED BY THE CDC AND FDA!!!!

This whole thing was manufactured. It's a bit too convenient to me that with the amount of people who vape around the world that ONLY the US was hit....OK 1 was sick in Canada...CONVENIENTLY right after JUUL left the VTA, Alteria took over...RJ was federally approved for the IQOS system (OH BTW THIS HAS TONS OF OILS) for 20 million...THEN people start getting sick...COME ON...AND THEN THE ONLY THING EFFECTED IS VAPING PRODUCTS???? Well illegal THC/CBD carts.

Look...I am glad if you have quit all together...but please take your fantasy or rather ill informed information...clean your car and widows and stop passing along terrible information.

SMDH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread