I wonder, is FastTech safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I've placed a couple orders with fasttech over the last couple weeks. I just found 2 fraudulent charges on my credit card from "Elite Souvenir." All I can find on them is they're an Indonesian shop, which I've obviously never even heard of. So all I can really trace it to is my fasttech purchases.

I know tons of people order there with no issues, but if I don't get an assuring answer from the Chase fraud crew, I might have to just assume that's where this problem derived from. Scary! Now I should be sleeping for work in 5 hours, but I need a drink!

Reactions: mauricem00

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
It's almost never the vendor that would be the source of the problem, it's whoever they use to process payments. FT uses Paypal right? If so, I wouldn't think that was the source, a Paypal breach would be big news.

Often times a breach happens, customers aren't informed, and then a long time later something shows up, your card could have been compromised years ago, or yesterday.

Reactions: InTheShade

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
If you used pp your info isn't out there pp doesn't forward that information.
Basically you pay them then they pay the vendor.

I been hit 2x with vaping. Buth can be traced to a time frame I used supposedly "reputable" venders that took my info directly. Its the crappy ecommerce software they use for online orders. Now for non pp places I use a prepaid card.

It is worth noting over the years I get false charge emails from pp saying I need to sign in and check, so I close the email and go to pp directly and nothing there. Turns out just a password fishing email.

Even non vape related, never ever sign into an account through an email link it is almost always a fake site to get your passwords.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I got weird charges on my CC one time before I had even activated the dadgum card! So, is FT safe? Maybe not as safe as some others, but cyberspace (and the world in general) is not exactly safe. I wouldn't worry too much about where it came from as that's rarely going to be able to truly be pinned down. Just be vigilant about checking your cards.

Last edited:

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
I've placed a couple orders with Fasttech over the last couple weeks. I just found 2 fraudulent charges on my credit card from "Elite Souvenir." All I can find on them is they're an Indonesian shop, which I've obviously never even heard of. So all I can really trace it to is my fasttech purchases.

I know tons of people order there with no issues, but if I don't get an assuring answer from the Chase fraud crew, I might have to just assume that's where this problem derived from. Scary! Now I should be sleeping for work in 5 hours, but I need a drink!

Fasttech is legit and safe.

I would suggest you check out your computer where you did the ordering. There could be a chance that the machine has been compromised. Do a scan for malware, root viruses, etc. just in case. Monitor your statements on the card that had the erroneous charges. Hopefully, that's the only account number that is affected. If there are others, then I would say your machine was definitely infected.

Good luck.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Right on, I'm not trying to flame fasttech or anything guys, I'm just trying to think of what could've possibly happened. That's the only site I could think of that maybe seemed a little sketchy.
Chase fraud team is excellent. I had my Xbox live account hacked with like $200 worth of purchases 6 years ago or so. Microsoft just kept jerking me around. Chase credited my money instantly. I just got off the phone 20 minute ago, chase processed a refund and are investigating. Going to my local bank for a new card tomorrow. I will say I love Chase and will stick with them forever.

Reactions: Lessifer

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Right on, I'm not trying to flame fasttech or anything guys, I'm just trying to think of what could've possibly happened. That's the only site I could think of that maybe seemed a little sketchy.
Chase fraud team is excellent. I had my Xbox live account hacked with like $200 worth of purchases 6 years ago or so. Microsoft just kept jerking me around. Chase credited my money instantly. I just got off the phone 20 minute ago, chase processed a refund and are investigating. Going to my local bank for a new card tomorrow. I will say I love Chase and will stick with them forever.

Even if you were trying to flame FT, that's fine. I think the sentiment here so far is just that it's rarely easy to point and say, "it was them." Sometimes, but not often. I have bought a couple things from FT through PP and had no problems -- but I wouldn't buy from them besides using PP.

Sorry this happened to you and good luck in the future.

Reactions: DanJiblets

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
I've placed a couple orders with Fasttech over the last couple weeks. I just found 2 fraudulent charges on my credit card from "Elite Souvenir." All I can find on them is they're an Indonesian shop, which I've obviously never even heard of. So all I can really trace it to is my fasttech purchases.

have you scanned your computer for a trojan? pay pal is usually a very secure site. also your credit card information could have been stolen somewhere else.home depot and other large stores have had a problem with this. hackers have no problem with borders

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Other sites over last couple weeks include Coval, Ahlusion, Myvaporstore.com, VapeNW, Zappos, VapeWild, Amazon...all I can think of. I have been on a spending spree so it's not like it's shocking timing lol. Not my computer guys, ordering Everything straight from my phone, have been for years now. It's as good as taken care of now, I hope at least.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Depends on how app'd up your phone is. Too many apps today ask for way too much permissions and are basically spying. Free ones are real bad with a mile long list sometimes.

Example emoji keyboard was busted not long ago.w t f does a keyboard need access to my emails, browsing data and call history for.

Fasttech is a massive company that has existed long before vaping was popular,,I been buying gadgets there before they ever sold vape gear, they have nothing to gain trying to skim a few dollars and everything to lose.

Do a search, several trusted vendors have been hit, not once is fasttech mentioned, yet several times " trusted" vendors are mentioned. One even denied it and fessed up months later

Reactions: mattiem

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Depends on how app'd up your phone is. Too many apps today ask for way too much permissions and are basically spying. Free ones are real bad with a mile long list sometimes.

Example emoji keyboard was busted not long ago.w t f does a keyboard need access to my emails, browsing data and call history for. Fasttech is a massive company that has existed long before vaping was popular,,I been buying gadjets there before they ever sold vape gear
Nah nothing crazy. I mean I have a few games and some apps but I suppose anything is possible.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
It's almost never the vendor that would be the source of the problem, it's whoever they use to process payments. FT uses Paypal right? If so, I wouldn't think that was the source, a Paypal breach would be big news.

Often times a breach happens, customers aren't informed, and then a long time later something shows up, your card could have been compromised years ago, or yesterday.

As Lessifer says, it's often not the vendor but the processor. Even worse, it could be your machine that's compromised.

I have used FT for more than 2 years and more than 20 orders - never had an issue. I have my CC tied to my Paypal and have had zero breaches. Paypal does offer another layer of protection for sure (for all their ills and ridiculous TOS)

Reactions: Lessifer

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama

Fasttech accepts Paypal. I suggest you use that. Not that I don't trust FT, but it's best to use PayPal whenever possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread