I'd like to try some temperature builds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMcQ

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2013
Pennsylvania
I prefer to think of it this way. Temp Control provides the same vape to me that I would get if I was vaping in Wattage mode (I use SS coils so they can be used in both). The difference being that if the coil were to get too hot (dry wick) the mod will prevent a total dry hit. I set the wattage that I would normally vape the coil at and let the TC keep it from getting too hot. Some TC mods don't let you set the initial wattage and I personally don't like those. I vape at 30 watts or less and I prefer that my TC mods do the same.

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Temp control does not control the temperature of the vape only the max temperature of the coil. It is a dry hit preventative. To control the temperature of the vapor entering your mouth; power, coil mass and size, chamber size, air flow, wicking, and juice composition are the variables to play with.

Reactions: Ragnar94

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I'm not sure how tenp control works, what is the equivelant to 12 + 50 watts :/, does it vape the same as wattage vaping?
Temp control works exactly the same as power mode except you can set a not-to-exceed temperature and you need to use a wire with variable resistance like stainless. In temp mode i set watts 50% higher than I use in power mode then set the temp so the vapor has the warmth i want and not more. The extra power brings the coil up to temperature faster without the risk of scorching the liquid or the wick. The temperature maximum allowed is much higher than anything you would tolerate vaping so there is plenty of temperature head space. Stainless wire is the best choice for getting started because you can run it in power mode and directly compare with temp mode.

Reactions: Ragnar94

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
Temp control works exactly the same as power mode except you can set a not-to-exceed temperature and you need to use a wire with variable resistance like stainless. In temp mode i set watts 50% higher than I use in power mode then set the temp so the vapor has the warmth i want and not more. The extra power brings the coil up to temperature faster without the risk of scorching the liquid or the wick. The temperature maximum allowed is much higher than anything you would tolerate vaping so there is plenty of temperature head space. Stainless wire is the best choice for getting started because you can run it in power mode and directly compare with temp mode.
Sounds good bud, I'll try it with my Hussar once it arrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread