If you could change one thing about your Reo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Love my REOs and if I could pick any changes I'd say the fire button would be on the metal ones like all like the Woodvilles and the squonk hole on the side versus the front. Kinda like a gun with the hammer and the trigger if that makes sense.

I guess I vape them so much, my thumb gets cramps sometimes bending up and over to press the fire button LOLOLOL

Equilibrium

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Georgia
The only thing I would like is a more tactile switch. Not necessarily the firing action but on the locking action. I wish it would have a firm "click" when it's locked. I've had mine unlock in my pocket. It's never fired in my pocket but it has unlocked, so, a nice firm click when it's locked would be nice.

Other than that.... I love both of my Reo's

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
The only physical thing I would change is milling the catch cup completely flat with the top of the device. That extra 5-6mm would please me very much, though not a big deal. The biggest change I would like to see is a larger bottle inside. I am using the 9ml bottle from a Vapage, but don't really care for the small top cap on it. Just makes it harder to refill. It would be better with a larger mouth on it. As to the 26650, it has been discussed a few times in the past year and in general, not needed. With the evolution of batteries lately, I have found I only change my battery once a day as it is right now and I vape in the .2-.4Ω range. The 26650 would just be too bulky and heavy imo...

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Man if I had to come up with a con it would be nitpicky at best. But I guess some way to "lock" the door on the mod, maybe stronger magnets like mentioned above. It doesn't happen a lot but every once in awhile it wants to slide off either putting in or taking it out of my pocket.

Pretty trivial and other than that there's nothing I would change at all.

Docsgt68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Buffalo, NY
This is really nitpicking, like if I was forced to change the Reo style, but maybe a flush 510, I think it would fix the overhang look on a 22mm rda, which I don't really like the look of. I think a locking detent would make it harder to unlock while doing other stuff, so I'm not really a fan of that idea...

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
This is easy- wouldn't' change a thing! I love all of my REOs! But as others, I wouldn't mind stronger magnets or more of them for the door. Am excited about the ss 510. Mine are doing fine right now but it will be good to known that I can send them to the spa if I need or want to switch them out

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Those who want stronger magnets might instead consider a lighter door. Order an SL door and you'll discover that the magnets having to only support half the weight means it stays put better.

Mine stay together fine even the non-SL, it's just when I catch it on my pocket. So I guess that could be considered user error, not the Reo's fault at all. I guess in my situation better magnets wasn't a good choice of wording.

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
The beauty of the Reo Grand is above all it's simplicity. From a design perspective, making something simple yet effective is actually quite hard. Although I wouldn't like to see the basic design of the Reo Grand change I wouldn't mind a thicker diameter button with more of a rounded top without changing the mechanical simplicity of it. I was also thinking of a flush 510 connection but then again if Rob removes the raised 510 "turret" then the Reo Grand becomes just another square box like so many others around. As I said I wouldn't like to see the basic design changed, it's pretty much a trademark design.

A custom square Reo bottle with lets say 9 - 10ml capacity would certainly be nice.

Last edited:

UKPaul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
UK
I would gladly pay $260.00 for a Reo Grand with a DNA 40 installed inside. :D

Me to. :)

I have been using my REO's almost exclusively for close to 18months.

I have purchased 2 Super-t's in between but they have had about 7 days use total in that 18months.

I am going to order a vaporshark rdna40 tomorrow if they come in stock in the UK as I feel the need to try a regulated device. Not sure if I will like the lack of bottom feeding though.

But as you said jimzdogz, I would gladly pay $200 to $300 for a DNA40 Reo with temp control.

Still love my Reo's and can't think of changing anything with it other than a DNA chip.

Also, reading through some of the vv/vw threads a lot of people have experienced problems and had to return their devices. Not something you hear on the Reo forum.

UKPaul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
UK
Not much to fix here. :)
image_zps9c36b6d9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread