If you could change one thing about your Reo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Just my personal opinion, but dna's are over hyped, overpriced, and really not needed with all the variables we have at our disposal build wise... My Silver Vein grand has a build in it that vapes between 57 to 73w depending on freshness of battery.... I have still yet to see an actual reason for temp control in vaping. If you learn how to build a rebuildable properly, there is no need for temp control...just the same as there is no need for dna at all...

UKPaul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
UK
Just my personal opinion, but DNA's are over hyped, overpriced, and really not needed with all the variables we have at our disposal build wise... My Silver Vein grand has a build in it that vapes between 57 to 73w depending on freshness of battery.... I have still yet to see an actual reason for temp control in vaping. If you learn how to build a rebuildable properly, there is no need for temp control...just the same as there is no need for DNA at all...

You may well be rite muzichead.
It's just another vaping avenue I havn't been down yet but feel the need to explore.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Hmmm - mostly mentioned, but here's things I'd get excited about in a Grand+

- Love the custom square bottle idea...
- I'd like the button to click "on" and "off" - I have the opposite problem of the previous poster - I accidentally turn it to lock, when I almost never want it locked. I know, I can remove something inside, but I'd rather it gently "clicked" into position and still provided the lock option. Also - more button cover choices would be nice!

And finally, not for me, but...
- SOMETHING with the connection point so 22mm atties don't hang over the block - maybe as an OPTION (like LP is an option - maybe "WD" for "wide deck"). Not sure of the best approach, and personally, I actually go for tiny atties, so it's not a big deal - but lots of folks are putting "this week's new atomizer" on their REO, and they don't really fit. Me, I just keep hunting and collecting atties with a <20mm diameter. Kind of fun.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
With the weather we've been having, I'd like to see it double as a hand-warmer. And I'm still waiting for an original Mini-sized version that holds an 18650 and a 6ml bottle.

The REO has been the one constant for me - I started using 808 cartos on it with an adapter at first, then switched to 510 and 306 atty's, then to various 510 cartos, and finally to RBA's. Same device I started with, other than a rebuild with the upgraded contact and spring. Oh, and the button cover, which has substantially reduced the dent in my thumb. Rob could leave it alone forever and I'd be happy as a clam. But he won't, and I'll look forward to whatever comes next.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
Hmmm - mostly mentioned, but here's things I'd get excited about in a Grand+

- Love the custom square bottle idea...
- I'd like the button to click "on" and "off" - I have the opposite problem of the previous poster - I accidentally turn it to lock, when I almost never want it locked. I know, I can remove something inside, but I'd rather it gently "clicked" into position and still provided the lock option. Also - more button cover choices would be nice!

And finally, not for me, but...
- SOMETHING with the connection point so 22mm atties don't hang over the block - maybe as an OPTION (like LP is an option - maybe "WD" for "wide deck"). Not sure of the best approach, and personally, I actually go for tiny atties, so it's not a big deal - but lots of folks are putting "this week's new atomizer" on their REO, and they don't really fit. Me, I just keep hunting and collecting atties with a <20mm diameter. Kind of fun.

Super plus one on this.... How about a short run of 22mm flat tops once the stainless 510 is perfected. I'm doing my part to forward the 17-19mm atty agenda but it's an uphill battle. I'm facing resistance at every turn even from those that vowed to help.
i would second or third the serial number idea. This would also help track the Blems.

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
A possible idea to make a positive "clicking" lock on the fire button, and avoid accidental locking of the fire button.

Fit a short spring under the top surface of the Reo such that you have to physically lift the button a small amount (against the spring) in order to rotate it into the locked position, and then the button falls back down into a locked detent. To unlock, lift the button a little, and rotate back to the firing position. Something like that could avoid accidental locking or unlocking and give the positive detent feel. Just a 2c idea.

Last edited:

Bigflyrodder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2014
Boston, MA
Wow, hard to come up with anything to change about Reos as they are so amazing from the get go.

I'll just echo what others have alreasy suggested: Wider deck on the LPs so 22mm atties don't hang over, stronger magnets or way to lock door in place, that may be it. I'd be in on a 26650 Reo for sure, count me in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread