IKV Now OPEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
OK guys, heres today's update: It may be easier to post the review for the webdesigner here. I really had to do a ton of editing because the 1,000 character limit was severely passed by triple. Allot more went on this week then what was mentioned on a surreal level.
In the end (late last night)I contacted freelancer.com about the disturbance and they reimbursed us half of the total payment when the intention was to look out for others in case the same practice was being done to them. So that's a major Bonus! As far we can tell in the Freelancer guidelines, payments are totally non-refundable. With the exception of holding a website hostage :laugh:

The objective was to take our website from one platform (Volusion) to the next (Core Commerce) I clearly indicated on the project that exp with Core commerce is a MUST which Zombie did not have even after bidding. He pushed desperately with almighty promises of all features we would gain by using Woo Commerce with a complete overhaul which we finally agreed to. To our dismay, he does not possess the ability to even fully work with the platform. He stated that he is going to start and complete in one night. A few hours later, he says he is done and desires the rest of payment. The site was a nightmare, jagged graphics, zoomed in photos and severely lacking down to the contact us page. He went as far as using a poor version of our own site without mentioning all features come at a price. We purchased the 1st theme, he didn't know how to use it after suggested. We purchased a 2nd theme and was still at a loss. He declares the job is finished as nothing was changed. His constant nagging for a review was an EXTREME full of threats w/ holding the site hostage a he was already paid in full. We tried everything to keep him cool, however it was like dealing with a monster.

Currently, we have re-posted the listing and are cooperating with a new designer under the stipulation of completion in..you guessed it. 2 Weeks! :laugh:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I too will be following this thread, and hope you are able to get all this sorted out quickly!! I cannot even imagine what a pain all that must be!!!

I recently found your site (and your cartos:wub:) and I have been stalking so I can order more!!!:laugh:

Thank you so very much for the updates!! :)

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
So sorry my dear friend. After all you've been through to have to go through this is just awful. I for one will be waiting no matter how long it takes. I've grown accustomed to using the best there is and you're the only one that sells the best. Just a tip you, I'm sure, already know. Don't hurry and worry, it will be finished when it's finished. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
As someone doesn't know the history of this saga, or how good the people they are speaking of, and that really struck a nerve on me, it's best I don't make a proper response to that.

Some people will do anything for attention. I feel sorry for someone that is that starved for attention.

Wow I would have taken an approach like this. No blame, full accountability, and assurances to loyal customers. I'm sure they're great people and bad things have happened but I think this is a better business way to approach this. I have always wanted to buy stuff from IkenVape but have never been able to. I hope they can fix that.

"Our company has gone through some rough times lately and unfortunately have not been able to provide consistent product availability for our customers. We made a poor choice choosing a website designer without checking proper references and verifying he had the necessary skills which in the end came back to bite us.

We are currently working diligently to improve our product and website availability for our valued customers to ensure that they do not encounter these frustrating issues in the future. We feel our products stand on their own and being able to consistently deliver them without issues is critical and will soon be accomplished. We appreciate our loyal customer base for sticking with us; please bear with us a short while longer and we will hold ourselves accountable to deliver an excellent customer experience in the future."

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
I too will be following this thread, and hope you are able to get all this sorted out quickly!! I cannot even imagine what a pain all that must be!!!

I recently found your site (and your cartos:wub:) and I have been stalking so I can order more!!!:laugh:

Thank you so very much for the updates!! :)
Thank you Lori! I'm so glad that you found a love! Speaking of love, I noticed your little Dachshund there! We used to have a snuggly little girl named Peanut.
8220_1040887358662_4170685_n_zps9de5a747.jpg

Wow I would have taken an approach like this. No blame, full accountability, and assurances to loyal customers. I'm sure they're great people and bad things have happened but I think this is a better business way to approach this. I have always wanted to buy stuff from IkenVape but have never been able to. I hope they can fix that.

"Our company has gone through some rough times lately and unfortunately have not been able to provide consistent product availability for our customers. We made a poor choice choosing a website designer without checking proper references and verifying he had the necessary skills which in the end came back to bite us.

We are currently working diligently to improve our product and website availability for our valued customers to ensure that they do not encounter these frustrating issues in the future. We feel our products stand on their own and being able to consistently deliver them without issues is critical and will soon be accomplished. We appreciate our loyal customer base for sticking with us; please bear with us a short while longer and we will hold ourselves accountable to deliver an excellent customer experience in the future."
I was with you up and until the red We do go out of stock very quickly However we have shipments coming in on a bi-weekly basis from all 225 products we sell. We provide our customers with various tools on up to minute updates such "email in-stock notifications", Twitter, Facebook, ECF and soon to be Newsletters once again. The way I see it, is if we sell out that fast, we are doing something right. Back to the red Poor choice in a designer, yes, without reading the individuals feedback and references, that is clearly Your assumption. As the previous updated stated, he has been holding client websites hostage for stellar reviews. His profile stated all of his credentials on his profile. To think I would grovel and give a generic reply, is ridiculous. Look, I understand your frustrations and took no offense to your posts. We will get back on track and resume as we always did when our new platform is set.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I'm doing my best to explain things politely to you, I've known Issac for years, he's offered to help me out in more ways than I can explain, or care to! I can call the mans cell phone at midnight, and he answers it!
He go hosed on a Phillipine credit card scam, $30k in product, $30k in scam funds. He's done all he can to rebuild from that.
He's now getting screwed by his credit card company, they don't like e-cig Internet sales, but face to face is fine?
In an attempt to get things going, quickly, he made a quick choice to fix his website. OK, maybe he didn't research things as well as he should, but in the heat of the moment and trying to keep things running, and keep customers happy, it may have not been the right choice. But it wasn't youres or mine to make! He readily admitted fault on this and is trying to fix it and move foreward. What else can anyone do? We're all human and if we don't mess up once in a while, we aren't doing anything!
As for ordering, sign up for the notificaction email on his site, when it's back up.
As for what you want, say it and either I, or somone else will do whatever we can to provide you with it, free of charge, so you can get a chance to see what all the hype is. I can't make it any more fair than that.

SmilingSlasher

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2009
NC
Busy right now but just browsing thru........I HAVE to come back and read this tho!!!

Ok.......Just caught up.

Man......the nerve of some people. All it takes is a quick read thru to grasp whats been going on isn't the fault of Issac or Val. They've suffered terrible loss at the hands of not 1 scammer but several. This guy redoing the site being the last.

Homie.......I'm so sorry to hear about this setback but I'm confident that once the site is back up, loyal customers and first time buyers are gonna flood you. Hope you're ready. :)

Last edited:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thank you Lori! I'm so glad that you found a love! Speaking of love, I noticed your little Dachshund there! We used to have a snuggly little girl named Peanut.

Awwww what a sweetheart!! So sorry if she is not with you anymore!!

That is our Rita, and she loves to snuggle!! She rescued us when we adopted her from Dachshund Rescue. Her original owner had to go the nursing home with Alzheimers. We've had her for 5 years, and she just turned 9 this past May. So she's a bit grayer in the face than the pic I have as my avatar. Maybe someday you'll have another snuggly doxie!!

Again, hope this is all resolved very soon for you and your family, and you can put it all behind you.
Take care. I'll reorder when you're all up and running again.:)

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash

I was with you up and until the red We do go out of stock very quickly However we have shipments coming in on a bi-weekly basis from all 225 products we sell. We provide our customers with various tools on up to minute updates such "email in-stock notifications", Twitter, Facebook, ECF and soon to be Newsletters once again. The way I see it, is if we sell out that fast, we are doing something right. Back to the red Poor choice in a designer, yes, without reading the individuals feedback and references, that is clearly Your assumption. As the previous updated stated, he has been holding client websites hostage for stellar reviews. His profile stated all of his credentials on his profile. To think I would grovel and give a generic reply, is ridiculous. Look, I understand your frustrations and took no offense to your posts. We will get back on track and resume as we always did when our new platform is set.

Besides, The reason everyone else has abundant stock and Ikenvape has the Out of stock sign should be a clue to people just how good your products are. Arm chair quartebacking is easy. I think they need to be reminded of the adage "Walk a mile in my shoes"

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I'm doing my best to explain things politely to you, I've known Issac for years, he's offered to help me out in more ways than I can explain, or care to! I can call the mans cell phone at midnight, and he answers it!
He go hosed on a Phillipine credit card scam, $30k in product, $30k in scam funds. He's done all he can to rebuild from that.
He's now getting screwed by his credit card company, they don't like e-cig Internet sales, but face to face is fine?
In an attempt to get things going, quickly, he made a quick choice to fix his website. OK, maybe he didn't research things as well as he should, but in the heat of the moment and trying to keep things running, and keep customers happy, it may have not been the right choice. But it wasn't youres or mine to make! He readily admitted fault on this and is trying to fix it and move foreward. What else can anyone do? We're all human and if we don't mess up once in a while, we aren't doing anything!
As for ordering, sign up for the notificaction email on his site, when it's back up.
As for what you want, say it and either I, or somone else will do whatever we can to provide you with it, free of charge, so you can get a chance to see what all the hype is. I can't make it any more fair than that.

goodpost.gif
goodpost.gif
goodpost.gif
goodpost.gif
goodpost.gif
goodpost.gif

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So sorry my dear friend. After all you've been through to have to go through this is just awful. I for one will be waiting no matter how long it takes. I've grown accustomed to using the best there is and you're the only one that sells the best. Just a tip you, I'm sure, already know. Don't hurry and worry, it will be finished when it's finished. Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you.

I ditto that 100%

rebgold

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    People on the forum seem very quick to complain and criticize vendors that aren't providing exactly what they want at every minute.
    We all know this is a very new and rapidly growing industry with constant changes. We all know a lot of product comes from China and can often get stuck in shipping, customs, or Chinese New Year.
    It's my understanding that Ikenvape is one of the very few vendors not only producing US made products, but actually trying to improve upon the quality and performance of those products. I for one am happy to wait a little longer to get those products. I have had only made one purchase from Ikenvape and although I made a mistake and ordered the wrong thing Isaac emailed me personally to tell me they were trying to make the very carto I thought I was ordering and would honor an exchange on my order whenever that product became available. I don't think customer service gets much better than that!
    We should give companies in their infancy a little bit of growing room.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 9, 2012
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    As someone doesn't know the history of this saga, or how good the people they are speaking of, and that really struck a nerve on me, it's best I don't make a proper response to that.

yeah, that was an out of line comment. be careful. those of us that love ikv and isaac will lash out... don't get ugly on the man's post, mmkay?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread