Imeo any chance you can make a GG Genesis Atty for ur GGTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Over The Rainbow
in that case maybe you can make an ODY upgrade to have a new to cap and bottom cap that can give the ODY a Genesis mode :evil: By looking at the ODY design i think it would be awesome!!!!

Genisis is radys creation. I highly doubt imeo would make one and j reat think he shouldn't. Stick mesh in ody lol

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
If I was the one that made first a mod that was leaking budly be sure that all of you would thow me stones to my head rocky lol

Existing genesis style atomizers have 2 big disadvantages:

1. big hassle to make a coil
2. They leak at any position exept you leave the mod straight.

So why do you need a genesis style mod when you have Odysseus that works with mesh too, doesnt leak and has liquid control that is so nessesary on genesis style mods?

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
I kind of have to agree...

I got rid of some of my Genesis stuff because it was too irritating. The setup was no problem and it worked really well but the leaking just got to me.

I don't want juice on my hands, furniture, car seats, inside my pocket and I most certainly don't want any on my dogs. It's not that the tanks themselves leak juice because that can be avoided. It's the unatomized juice in the top cap that mixes with condensation. This stuff builds up, sometimes leaks and sometimes goes spurting out of the air inlet hole when you take a draw. I find them overall too annoying and not very pocketable. I keep a few genesis atty's around the house for fun as I like to tinker and try new coils but overall I don't find them useful.

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
eh...i find Genny's have their place...i love their taste and no silica is nice....setup CAN be a pain but the coils also lasts much longer than Silica wicks IMO and in my experience...

There is no one over the other...each has great use and each are superior devices...i own several of each...but neither is inherently better than the other...it is just subjective...which is great!

Still i would love to see Imeo make a Genny atomizer as i believe he coudl bring something to it that no one else has brought to it...i dont even know what it woudl be but i think it would be impressive...

i am still searching for a MEsh only wick inside a PEnny or Oddy...without the leaking... a combination of both i think would be perfect...

the ob

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
Portlandia
eh...i find Genny's have their place...i love their taste and no silica is nice....setup CAN be a pain but the coils also lasts much longer than Silica wicks IMO and in my experience...

There is no one over the other...each has great use and each are superior devices...i own several of each...but neither is inherently better than the other...it is just subjective...which is great!

Still i would love to see Imeo make a Genny atomizer as i believe he coudl bring something to it that no one else has brought to it...i dont even know what it woudl be but i think it would be impressive...

i am still searching for a MEsh only wick inside a PEnny or Oddy...without the leaking... a combination of both i think would be perfect...

I made one last night. I will keep you updated as to how it is going.

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
There are lots of wick options.

I have a fully functioning mesh Ody and it's pretty good. I found creating shorts on it during the wire wrapping and seating process was happening. It's mainly due to the NR/R connections scraping the wick upon installation. I found the cigarette paper trick took care of that problem easily.

I'm using other wick materials right now as well. I've found my preference and it's neither silica or mesh. That's kind of the wonderful thing about these kinds of devices, so customizable.

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
agreed... the shorting problems are tough for me to identify...

i haev some bamboo cotton and some other organic cottons...not much chance to try em yet though....i have both types of Nextel, and more types of silica wicks than i care to admit...

my throat hasnt been happy with silica lately so i have been using mostly Genny's.... my tries at Genny's in GG stuff hasnt been as fruitful as yours Ezkill... post up some pictures to your methods and how it works and does or does not leak!

Ezkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Los Angeles
It doesn't leak and when I pull one apart I'll take some pictures.

What I do is basically try to go all out so I don't have any shorts because I don't want to deal with them. You basically want a fat roll of 400 SS mesh in the top of the Ody only like the Mr.Krinkle method now with mesh post.

I torch the piece of SS mesh before I roll it but I do not quench it at this pont because that makes rolling it difficult. It stiffens up when you quench. Roll it. Torch it three more times with quenches. Then prime with juice and light on fire 3 times. Cut a small piece of cigarette rolling paper and wrap around wick part that will be getting the coil. I cut it so I get 3 wraps of cigarette paper around the wick. Soak it with some juice to get it to stick well. Then I roll my coil over the cigarette paper. The paper will keep the coil from scratching the wick AND when you fire it will create an extra layer of oxidation right under the wires. Then you dry fire the coil and watch the paper burn off. At this point you should be short free.

Just layers of redundancy because I don't have the patience for shorts.

rocky111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
Over The Rainbow
I agree with you imeo, but I bet if this option would become available, it will be sold out agin in mins :evil: Imeo any update regarding the wicks for the uk seller? :(

If I was the one that made first a mod that was leaking budly be sure that all of you would thow me stones to my head rocky lol

Existing genesis style atomizers have 2 big disadvantages:

1. big hassle to make a coil
2. They leak at any position exept you leave the mod straight.

So why do you need a genesis style mod when you have Odysseus that works with mesh too, doesnt leak and has liquid control that is so nessesary on genesis style mods?

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
I don't even bother with mesh anymore. I want to vape. Not fiddle. I don't want the constant uncap to poke the mesh. I like to fill take off and not worry about my coil popping or juice getting all over the place because I laid my mod on its side or it fell on the table. For the geni having one up on ody comment. Nope! It does not, I have been making these things trying to make the geni work and it just won't. Shorts dry burns inconsistency, I had to drop ally geni plans because it is just too much of a pain

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Maybe you are right rocky but I dont find a reason to crucify my customers. I think mesh is a style that will pass soon. Who really wants an atomizer that need tools and gas and its a pain to make it work and it leaks too. Those practices belong to the past, not to the future. We try to make things simpler, easier and quicker for us. Why someone wants to have an atomizer that needs equipment to make it work anywhere and he is afraid to put it in his pocket on his bag? Those are crazy things for me. As for the taste of mesh, my opinion is that its not better than wick, maybe the opossite after 1 day of use.
I agree with you imeo, but I bet if this option would become available, it will be sold out agin in mins :evil: Imeo any update regarding the wicks for the uk seller? :(

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
The flavors do come out better than say a carto. Or a 510. But vapor is too wet. Gummy posted that when he started with Tennyson way back and I agree with him. And of course is not better than wick when you are vaping Odysseus my friend, Odysseus with wick provides a fuller, thicker vape with plenty of flavor and is easy to use. I didn't bother my Odysseus for a month and a half, just fill and vape dry burn every three tanks, u tell me what geni can pull a three monther without popping a coil.

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
it's always a matter of ...sorry the pun... taste...

there is no ONE way...which is why i like vaping... if i am in the mood for one way..i go that way...if i want another i do that... there is no reason for there to be ONE device that fits all needs...the market has shown that very clear...crap..even within each maker they make different sizes and accommodate different desires...

Imeo doesnt have to do anything he doesnt want to... that is why we love him!!! He does what he wants and it tends to be what is best for all of us!!

BUT...there is never going to be one way to vape that is inherently BETTER than any other...it all comes down to personal preference...

some like cartos...some like dripping...some like silica...some like mesh.... some like fiddling...some like a pocketable device...and some like coffee table big mods....

also..i will not agree that fiddling and tools is inherently a MESH rebuildable phenomenon...also i will not agree that coidl from Silica are any easier to make than Genny ones...

sure you have to oxidize and roll your mesh initially...but they do last a long time...i have only ever popped a coil ONCE....i only changed mesh wicks and coils to try different wires gauges (which people do on silica)...and different mesh's (325 vs 400...which is about the same as trying different Silica wicks...or NExtel...or triple wick or double wick...etc.)

Do you need a torch for Genny's? sure...initially..i bought one and have used it 3 times...so it's not like i need it out just to vape...the only time i need a tool for my Genny's (in this case i will refer to my Zen)...is when i need to take it apart to clean (just like a silica one) or to try a new coil....NOT wick.. new coil...but also when i want to try a new wick too... (which is no different than on silica based rebuildables)

Most of the time...i take off the lid...grab my syringe (or syringe topped liquid bottle) fill it up with some liquid...fill the tank and go...

not much different than using Ody or Penny IMO.... I personally find the taste better on Genny's...but i think that is mostly due to some mild irritation i have gotten when using silica wick and coils... does that make Genny's better than silica? ABSOLUTELY NO.... does it make me not use my Silica rebuildables.... ABSOLUTELY NO... i love Imeo's stuff... i have 4 Ody's and 3 Penny's and love each of them...

do people have their preferences? sure... but it is not right for anyone to tell anyone ONE thing is BETTER than any other as they do not have the right to make that decision for anyone else.

I do not think the initial poster of this thread said anything about SOPPING making silica rebuildables... only that they were curious if Imeo would ever make a Genny style.... in Imeo's opinion he doesnt have much interest in that it seems..

which is why i thought a combination of the two would be an interesting foray...a Genny wick in an Ody/Penny... that could be amazing...and is what i am hoping someone finds a dependable way to do...as i love the tanks of Imeo and the way they feed the wicks/coils....but i PERSONALLY love the taste off a Genny mesh wick coil more...

Normally asking a developer/maker to try something different is a little brazen...but Imeo is as he himself states... "I will satisfy every vaper out there"

So asking about it is never an issue as he is always listening to his buyers in hopes of satisfying all of them. Does he HAVE to do this...absolutely not...but what makes Imeo great is his ability to listen and learn what his buyers want through their requests...sometimes that means making exactly what they want...but most of the time he hears the desires then finds a way to make something that not only satisfies everyone but opens our eyes to even more new ideas...

as much as this debate will never end...i dont think it has much debate as it always comes down to personal preference...the winner is always whatever it takes to make a user smile and enjoy their vaping...no matter the device

to be honest...i want to hear more about the totally new style of atomizer Imeo is cooking up...the thing NO ONE is doing and how that will change everything... id rather learn about the future than argue over the present.... but until then i will continue to look for ways to satisfy MYSELF with what is available and ask for help from whomever to do so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread