Status
Not open for further replies.

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
So I spoke to Imeo about this. I have had ody for weeks now and I love it. So I got inspired to make my own version. Please note that this is done with the most respect for Imeo. I will not sell make another one or anything of the sort. OK so on with the Atty. It is nowhere as complex and perfect as ody. I decided to give it a shot with the machinery I have available to me. Atty is 7/8 od and a bit taller than ody. It can only be setup with a wick wedged in the channel. Mr krinkle style. Mouth piece is slimmer. I had no access to a 1 mm drill so I put one 3/64 end mill. It performs OK not like ody but it hangs with it. Ill do more tweaking but its functional as of now. It does whistle when you draw. Kanthal is secured with tubes with slots in then they just slip into the posts. Overall I'm happy with the outcome. Ill have this as ody back up forbid I run out of nr wire or ceramics. I will make the channels for the juice through the threads deeper other than that here it is. Not polished yet will polish soon. It was a fun and extremely frustrating trying to accomplish this. Imeo this is what you have inspired me to do with your flawless work. I thank you for that. Here are the pictures.
IMG_20120406_170713.jpg

IMG_20120406_170721.jpg

IMG_20120406_170742.jpg

IMG_20120406_170811.jpg

IMG_20120406_170849.jpg

SuperSonic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
U.S.A.
Wow man, that's some pretty cool steel!

Did you happen to take some stills or record video of the actual cutting, drilling and lathing process?

That's a video I would really enjoy watching.

(Imeo, if you're reading this... hint, hint)

Great job bud. Keep up the nice work.

Peace-

Sent from my Samsung "SuperSonic" Mobile Device ... utilizing Tapatalk

Last edited:

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Imeo has already stated that PP will use NR and R wires, but that he's going to sell premade wires of specific resistances. I'm with you martin, I'd also like to see an atty by imeo that doesn't require NR wire, but other options exist which satiate that need. Guess we're gna have to keep twisting our own for now, but that's part of the ritual for me anyways.

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
I have had ody for weeks now and I love it. So I got inspired to make my own version. Please note that this is done with the most respect for Imeo. I will not sell make another one or anything of the sort.

Really amazing work. I sometimes wish I had access to a lathe and be able use it correctly of course :p

Did you happen to take some stills or record video of the actual cutting, drilling and lathing process?
That's a video I would really enjoy watching.
(Imeo, if you're reading this... hint, hint)

Imeo already made a nice video about the GG production:

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Imeo has already stated that PP will use NR and R wires, but that he's going to sell premade wires of specific resistances. I'm with you martin, I'd also like to see an atty by imeo that doesn't require NR wire, but other options exist which satiate that need. Guess we're gna have to keep twisting our own for now, but that's part of the ritual for me anyways.

Yeah,I`m spoiled...Mark-T,My-T,RTA....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread