Inhaling PG - perhaps not the great unknown after all

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
Devilfish- yeah there is a danger of that developping lactic acidosis which is irreversible, but I think the danger is relatively low
:( that why I cannot help myself ..constant e smoke :oops:

and when I go gym , I found myself recently seem cannot peform enough ...maybe of excess pg effect....???
before e smoke , smoking real cig funny I got the energy to do ..

even nowadays before go gym I will not e smoke ..instead as usual smoke real cig than go ...weird rite for me???:confused:

In my opinion there is no worry to have in this regard
Simply the question is, why in France, for example, health authorities call for greater caution on ecig
Never on cigarettes real, it has been said about danger of PG when it is burnt
The only indication that exists on a packet of cigarettes are the rate of "goudron"(for example, it's material on the road) and nicotine levels
According to Professor Molimard, it is ridiculous!
Because it is not notified the rate of nitrosamine, which is highly cancérigéne (tumeur, carcinome..in french)
For the level of nicotine, the human body arranges to take the quantity needed whatever the rate content in cigarettes
and it's not problem ! The problem is not the quantity of cigarettes smoking but the during you smoke along your life
While it looks rather an organized attack multinational pharmaceutical companies or tobacco
Excuse me for English write but my english is so poor !

igglepiggle

Moved On
Aug 19, 2008
since i can't eddit my post to igglepiggly- I'll repost my update noodlings abotu hte situation here:

animals are animals- give it a rest- Animal testign has saved billions of lives of humans- a MUCH more valuable species than simple animals- Cripes- cry me a river!@ intentional meaningless animal abuse is one hting- animal testign to save the lives of a much more valuable higher form of creation is quite another. your comment shows that you know absolutely nothign abotu addiction or psychology, and therefore you are unqualified to comment one way or the other as to whether or not we are smart or otherwise- noone is advocating testign animals for no purpose, but rather to help addicts wean themselves off a dangerous drug that htey have UNFORTUNATELY becoem addicted to- it appears that you would rather billions of people die from the harmful effects of cigarettes simply because you htink they are 'stupid', than to allow testign that could save billions of lives- and just for hte record PG testign on animals has been BENIFICIAL to them- just as the researchers suspected it woudl be before they even concidered startign hte testing- Take you extremist bleedign heart opinions elsewhere- We aint interested!!!

'a much more valuable higher form of creation' ?? You utter ....... The 'higher form of creation' to which you refer is single handedly destroying the planet, polluting all of the seas, allowing 35,000 children to die EVERY DAY because they have no food to eat. And you think that represents a 'higher form of creation' ?? You are an idiot of the highest order and your crazy little teenage ....... statement has proven it.

For the record, I know plenty about addiction and I have a first class honours degree from UCL in Psychology. I am not in the slightest bit interested in any animal research being conducted to assist addicts of any sort.

To conclude, go and get an education you unimaginable fool.

I hope my position is clear.

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
I am not in the slightest bit interested in any animal research being conducted to assist addicts of any sort

But are you interested in animals being used for medical research generally? You'll note that the research referenced had nothing to do with addiction - it was on the physiological effects of propylene glycol.

Doesn't seem unreasonable for an addict to take comfort from existing research to me.

I think you're on to a non-starter if you are going to go down the misanthropic route of arguing against medical testing on the basis of our relative value as a species.

zagleft1

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2008
'a much more valuable higher form of creation' ?? You utter ....... The 'higher form of creation' to which you refer is single handedly destroying the planet, polluting all of the seas, allowing 35,000 children to die EVERY DAY because they have no food to eat. And you think that represents a 'higher form of creation' ?? You are an idiot of the highest order and your crazy little teenage ....... statement has proven it.

For the record, I know plenty about addiction and I have a first class honours degree from UCL in Psychology. I am not in the slightest bit interested in any animal research being conducted to assist addicts of any sort.

To conclude, go and get an education you unimaginable fool.

I hope my position is clear.

Ig- the medicine can't help you if you don't take it.

Ah, good point Emp. Repost away! :D

How about that comparison level of PG in ONE cigarette and about 2 to 4 drops of e-liquid. Where would one find that? I'm talking milligrams in 1 cigarette compared to 2 to 4 drops of liquid. We already know that "e-liquid is 85 percent PG"...let's do some real math.

In my opinion there is no worry to have in this regard
Simply the question is, why in France, for example, health authorities call for greater caution on ecig
Never on cigarettes real, it has been said about danger of PG when it is burnt
The only indication that exists on a packet of cigarettes are the rate of "goudron"(for example, it's material on the road) and nicotine levels
According to Professor Molimard, it is ridiculous!
Because it is not notified the rate of nitrosamine, which is highly cancérigéne (tumeur, carcinome..in french)
For the level of nicotine, the human body arranges to take the quantity needed whatever the rate content in cigarettes
and it's not problem ! The problem is not the quantity of cigarettes smoking but the during you smoke along your life
While it looks rather an organized attack multinational pharmaceutical companies or tobacco
Excuse me for English write but my english is so poor !

To resume the subject before the "pollution" of it,
I put the link Book Hanan Frenk and Reuven Dar which supports the interview with Professor Molimard
the book title: "a critique of nicotine addiction"
Kluwer Academic Plubisher
A Critique of Nicotine Addiction - Google Recherche de Livres

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
This thread is not about you and it's not the place to wage personal fights. It addresses inhaling propylene glycol, something I assume you do as an e-smoker (or do you even e-smoke?). Please confine your educated remarks to the topic. If you'd like to argue animal rights issues, start a thread in Community, where off-topic posts are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread