The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

New iTaste VTR (not released)

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by bikerbeagle, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tontomoses

Tontomoses Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2013
    Michigan
    Oh DAMN! How did the threads strip out?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

2. STLBluesNut

STLBluesNut Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2011
    st peters mo
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Custom wrap I made at work.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g LTE

3. Mrs C

Mrs C Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Got to play with one at the B&M yesterday. Now I want one.

ooooo Shiney

4. para-frame

para-frame Full Member Verified Member

Mar 19, 2009
    So Cal, USA
    Over tightening coupled with the ring that you thread in to being made from what appears to me chromed cast zinc/aluminum.

I haven't given up on Itaste, I bought a SVD at my B&M yesterday (as the area you thread in to is stainless steel not cast, I believe it will be much less likely to strip out and if it does, I can get to the threads).

5. para-frame

para-frame Full Member Verified Member

Mar 19, 2009
    So Cal, USA
  6. Speedy350z

Speedy350z Full Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Thornton, CO
    In case anyone is looking I just got my vtr in from vapordna. In stock for 89.99 and came with a free bottle of juice. Used code dna10 and got 10% off and free shipping. Came fast good deal.

Only problems I have with it so far is it seems to flood if it sits for a few mins in between puffs. It clears up after a few draws but sit it down for a bit and gurgles again when I use it. Also I put it back in the case with a full tank and took it to work to show it off when I opened it up it had leaked all over. Laid it in the seat of the truck and it leaked. Everything feels tight this isnt normal is it?

7. eda123

eda123 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Austin
    These look so awesome- wish a B&M had them near me to get a feel for the size/weight of it.

8. Tontomoses

Tontomoses Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 24, 2013
    Michigan
    I didnt use the iclear on it for that long, I went straight to Ibtanked carto tanks I could juggle with it and not have it leak

Attached Files:

9. pcrdude

pcrdude Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    Mine came today!

Heavy, but I knew it would be.

Works great!

I'm using pro tank 2s, and they almost seem made for it.

Kudos to vaporworld, since it got to me fast, and there were no issues.

One cautionary note, they did not do anything to insulate the 18650s against electrical contact. Since nothing in the package was conductive, it didn't matter, but these batteries can pack a wallop, and I would have protected them in some way.....

10. Speedy350z

Speedy350z Full Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Thornton, CO
    Figured it out the seal in the bottom of the 30s was pinched. Need to find another seal somewhere for it. Going to use a protank 2 for now.

11. Crocky

Crocky Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2013
    North Carolina
    I ended up getting the green camo version and glad I did. At first when I tested my friends out I was like heck no that thing is too heavy but as days past by I kept thinking, hmmm maybe it would not be so bad after you handle it a bit....Yep I was right, it is heavy but not too bad after a day or so use. I like the green better as it does not show fingerprints. I may even fancy it up a bit with a jwrap, not even. Sure if they make them for this unit yet. The only to thing I don't like about the green camo is the fact you can see their branding and the lines. I also filed the ring out quite a bit and now it fits most all my tanks!

12. rks1949

rks1949 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 28, 2013
    Lawrenceville,Illinois
    Have ya got any pics. of the camo? I'm about to order one,but can't seem to find a pic. of one yet?

13. peraspera

peraspera Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 2, 2012
    midwest
    Not my favorite ECF vendor but they have several pictures of the camo version up.

14. Crocky

Mar 14, 2013
    North Carolina
    ^^^. There ya go. If you want ore I can take some. It is hard to capture the green on camera

15. rks1949

Sep 28, 2013
    Lawrenceville,Illinois
    Thanks,I had a different vision of the "camo" green,but it looks fine. I know the finger prints on the stainless one would drive me crazy!8-o I ordered one today!:toast: Right now I'm using my wifes "Hot Pink" SID!:laugh: I started with a MVP and really like how the "box" mods feel,and I can keep them in my top shirt pocket,with the button closed and not have them fall out. The Round "flashlight" style mods feel good in your hand,but you have to watch where you lay them down so they don't roll off and fall.:(

16. pcrdude

pcrdude Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 20, 2013
    I got a swivel tip from desert vapes today. I put in on a Protank 2, and it allows the 30s look with the Protank vape. :)

BTW, the "bare" version of swivel tip is what I got...

17. Crocky

Mar 14, 2013
    North Carolina
    I agree I love the box mod forms factor. I don't think you will be putting the VTR in your shirt pocket though. It is heavy, about twice the weight of the MVP. I like it though

18. V4Vendetta

V4Vendetta Micro Coil Lover Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 16, 2013
    SIN/BKK/SFO
    It took me 5 seconds to google this up .. "itaste vtr green camo".

19. rks1949

Sep 28, 2013
    Lawrenceville,Illinois
    Do you think it's really too heavy to put in a shirt pocket? I've read that it weighs around 13 oz. I might have to invest in the "holster" Inokin makes for it and the MVP?

20. Crocky

Mar 14, 2013
    North Carolina
    Yeah I do, it is pretty heavy. But that is me. If I have sweat pants on it will pull my pants down literally. I am a female and I thought it would for sure be too heavy when I tried my friends but decided to get it anyway. Not at all sorry I did as I love it, it hits like a champ but not a tote around in your pocket mod. I have a couple of vmods which are great for that, love those too.

I would recommend the holster for it, for sure, if you want to tote it with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.