Innokin Kroma-R--The Leading Edge 80W ‘Hilt-Styled’ Single 18650 Battery Vaporizer!

Compact, stylish and sleek, crafted with premium quality materials in ergonomic design! Replaceable single 18650 battery; 6-80W.
Retails for
Status
Not open for further replies.

Innokin_timmy

Brand Rep
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2018
The size,shape and looks of this gem from Innokin is probably going to be another winner for Innokin, also having a fire bar adds another positive to the Kroma-R. I will definitely be purchasing one to review. :thumbs:
Thank you for the support! Btw, we will hold a giveaway later. Please keep eyes on and join to win. Good luck!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I have never had a "durable" flip-open battery door. Always the weakest point of any well-built mod that has it.

Screw caps are kind of "blah" but they are far more durable (if made of high quality SS) and more secure than any other method I have owned an know of. Even a magnetic door, if designed properly, is better than a flip lid.

Other than that, I think it looks like a solid mod, which is what I expect from Innokin. But the flip door would make me hesitant to buy.

Last edited:

Innokin_timmy

Brand Rep
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 20, 2018
    I have never had a "durable" flip-open battery door. Always the weakest point of any well-built mod that has it.

Screw caps are kind of "blah" but they are far more durable (if made of high quality SS) and more secure than any other method I have owned an know of. Even a magnetic door, if designed properly, is better than a flip lid.

Other than that, I think it looks like a solid mod, which is what I expect from Innokin. But the flip door would make me hesitant to buy.
    Hi, thanks for the interest to the Kroma-R. We have a special lock design with high quality spring-loaded on the battery door which makes it very durable. It worths a try. ;) Thank you!

Innokin_timmy

Brand Rep
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 20, 2018
    I'm just tapping my foot, waiting for them to become available. One steel and one bronze for me, and one steel for @Katdarling (unless she changes her mind and wants a bronze too).

:vapor:

Simply put, I love it. Thanks, Innokin!!! :thumbs:
    Thank you for the love! The bronze and steel ones are gorgeous. Any other colors of it won't be wrong either! ;)Happy vaping~:wub:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Hi, thanks for the interest to the Kroma-R. We have a special lock design with high quality spring-loaded on the battery door which makes it very durable. It worths a try. ;) Thank you!

A flip-open battery door is always a weak spot for any mod, regardless of how well it is made to close, lock, hold the batteries, etc. When it's open, it's vulnerable.

Thanks for your response.

Reactions: DPLongo22

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Reactions: Falconeer

ohioguy

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 15, 2008
    Madison, Indiana USA
    I really like the Innokin Zenith coils and would LOVE to buy a Innokin single 18650 mod. BUT I think I will pass on this one. My suggestion would be let Phil and Dimitris design a mod more tailored to the mtl vapor market.

#1- 2 amp charging? In the real world some of my batteries are 1 or 2 years old. They get warm if charging at 1 amp. I do sometimes charge my batteries inside the mod, if traveling or just topping them up. A 2 amp charge for a single battery that is completely enclosed in a mod will create to much heat in my opinion. I will never be able to use onboard charging. At least give me an option for slower charge rate.

#2-Wattage selection at .5 watts. That is fine for a higher wattage vapor. It’s reasonable to change from 20 to 20.5 watts. I’m vaping at 10.8 right now. I may change to 11.2 later this evening. A low wattage vapor is best suited to a single battery mod so a finer selection rate would be better.

#3-You are selling this in a kit with a 2ml Zlide tank. As a long time vapor I’m not going to downgrade to a 2ml tank. I may upgrade to the 5.5ml Zenth Pro. With a 2ml tank I don’t fill to the very top of the tank, its messy if you overfill. No one can vape to to very bottom of the tank (dry hits). So the working capacity of the 2ml Zlide is only about 1.25, not really enough for the US market. Again this is my opinion.

#4-Improved bottom battery door. I’m pretty careful with my mods. My $50.00 Proton mod was great. It lasted about 6 months until the battery door became to loose to use any more. Convince me that I will have a working mod for longer then 6 months.

I’m not trying to bash a mod I have never seen. I want to buy the Innokin product, it just seems like all the manufactures come close, but somehow miss the boat. Respectfully submitted.

If the Innokin moderator feels that my comments/suggestions are interoperate you can remove them.

Innokin is one of the better Mod manufactures I just see a lot of room for improvement.

gortie

Jul 15, 2014
    upstate ny
    I really like the Innokin Zenith coils and would LOVE to buy a Innokin single 18650 mod. BUT I think I will pass on this one. My suggestion would be let Phil and Dimitris design a mod more tailored to the mtl vapor market.

#1- 2 amp charging? In the real world some of my batteries are 1 or 2 years old. They get warm if charging at 1 amp. I do sometimes charge my batteries inside the mod, if traveling or just topping them up. A 2 amp charge for a single battery that is completely enclosed in a mod will create to much heat in my opinion. I will never be able to use onboard charging. At least give me an option for slower charge rate.

#2-Wattage selection at .5 watts. That is fine for a higher wattage vapor. It’s reasonable to change from 20 to 20.5 watts. I’m vaping at 10.8 right now. I may change to 11.2 later this evening. A low wattage vapor is best suited to a single battery mod so a finer selection rate would be better.

#3-You are selling this in a kit with a 2ml Zlide tank. As a long time vapor I’m not going to downgrade to a 2ml tank. I may upgrade to the 5.5ml Zenth Pro. With a 2ml tank I don’t fill to the very top of the tank, its messy if you overfill. No one can vape to to very bottom of the tank (dry hits). So the working capacity of the 2ml Zlide is only about 1.25, not really enough for the US market. Again this is my opinion.

#4-Improved bottom battery door. I’m pretty careful with my mods. My $50.00 Proton mod was great. It lasted about 6 months until the battery door became to loose to use any more. Convince me that I will have a working mod for longer then 6 months.

I’m not trying to bash a mod I have never seen. I want to buy the Innokin product, it just seems like all the manufactures come close, but somehow miss the boat. Respectfully submitted.

If the Innokin moderator feels that my comments/suggestions are interoperate you can remove them.

Innokin is one of the better Mod manufactures I just see a lot of room for improvement.

gortie

Jul 15, 2014
    upstate ny
    pretty much a noob when it comes to mods - my first (and still using) is the kroma-a with a zenith tank but looking to replace it - i tend to agree with a lot ohioguy had to say - for example...
    going from a 4 ml tank to a 2 ml tank is kinda a no go for me
    i'd love to be able to replace batteries and understand the potential problems with a latch
    o-rings should fix that problem - no idea if the kroma-r has em
    charging can also be an issue - to many amps blow up things
    most likely solved by using an external charger that controls the amps - dunno
    my dream setup (remember noob) would be a kroma-r with a zenith pro tank
    except for a few details :)
    on face value it seems they are trying way to hard to please everybody with the pro
    and missing the boat a bit on everything
    i'd suggest building the best mtl tank on the planet - they are close to doing that
    if you want to bring in the dtl crowd, build a separate tank
    and for those noobs like me - make a kroma-r zenith pro kit
    more than happy to hear from the experts on upgrading
    size kinda matters to me - the smaller the better
    the zenith pro is like 24mm so that is a problem with some of the smaller mods

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    This is a great looking mod and I have been considering buying one. I have to ask why innokin has decided that changing wattage in .5 increments is the way to go. I've got the kroma a and it does the .5 watt change. That's the only thing I don't like about it. It wouldn't keep me from buying one of these but would like to see a software upgrade or something that would allow changing in .1 increments if possible.

Pinebeatle

ECF Veteran
    Dec 8, 2015
    Northern BC Canada
    Looking to replace my 4 year old eVic-VTC Mini with ego one mega tank ( 4ml ). It has done me well but pretty beat up!! I'm liking the style and finish of the Kroma-r as well as the Zlide tank. I have seen online that some pre-order kits come with a 4ml Zlide tank as well? If so, thinking this is gonna me my next Kit.

Reactions: stols001

NiceKlouds

Dec 11, 2019
    Release date is allegedly Feb. 19th. I ordered this kit with the Zenith tank on January 8th. Apparently it will come with the Ajax tank instead of the Zenith. But because of COVID-19, My source is telling me it could be March or later before anything gets shipped out of China. This thing is becoming my unicorn. I like Innokin products and I like the compact form factor with 18650 battery...what a mess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread