Innokin Zenith MTL tank--Phil Busardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

William The 1e

Oct 11, 2018
Yup, that's the best price.
Cleaning the coil.
Hello, my vape gots looser yesterday at 1000 puffs..a sighn of a coil dying? (But taste was good)
20190122_012640.jpg
normally i vape it till the coil is totally black burned around 1200 puffs. That is 6 days for me. Now i heared from people using the coil for 8 weeks and sometimes clean them. I thought i give it a try
Rinse the coil. Put it in alcohol 70% 12 hours.. rinsed it in boiling watter 10 min. Dried it 12 hours. Primed it very well ... and was very surprised in a bad way. Burned taste. See picture above at 1040 vapes. Wat went wrong? (50vg tobacco 2 air 13 watt)

• Informative
Reactions: gerrymi

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
@Zazie - Unless someone orders the minimum $75 worth at KangerWholesaleUSA...it's IMO extremely high S/H @ $7.00, which is their lowest charge. I'm in FL, too, like they are...and it was still going to be that much for just a few boxes. I bit the bullet and ordered the 13 boxes for the Free S/H, and they're being delivered today already. That'll be a total of 37 boxes, and I'm done.

By the way - I spoke on the phone with Matt, from KW because I was having trouble checking out with a coupon code. We completed my purchase by phone and then chatted a little about ECF. I told him many of us were buying the Zenith coils from him. He laughed and said he'd noticed a definite uptick in purchases of them. He called me back several minutes later to ask if/how KW could become part of ECF. I explained about Registered Suppliers, how some offer on-going coupon codes for ECF members, how they have their own forum, etc. So...there may be more good deals coming ECF's way from them in the near future! :thumbs:
Thanks for the info on KangerwholesaleUsa.
You are right, you really have to go for the free shipping.
Ordered a half dozen Zenith coil packs as well as two Ares at $19 each, cheapest price for them I have seen anywhere.
Ordered at 2PM and received the tracking number twenty minutes later. Talk about fast shipping!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
You are right, you really have to go for the free shipping.

Yep. If you order less, then the savings on the coils @ $6.10/box, is just eaten up because of the high S/H cost. Makes the total avg. cost per box then, sometimes even more than from the vendors with somewhat higher coil cost per box, but with much lower S/H.

Ordered at 2PM and received the tracking number twenty minutes later. Talk about fast shipping!

It's common that when a vendor prints a shipping label, you'll be sent the tracking number on it. But, until tracking itself shows "accepted by the USPS", or whomever the carrier is...it hasn't been actually shipped yet. I've noticed that to be especially true on websites like eBay, where the sellers will many times intentionally "fudge" on the actual shipping date. Label is sometimes created 2-3 days before they ship the package.

In this case, the PO were all closed yesterday, so it would go out today. IMO, that's definitely fast actual shipping compared to many other vendors. :thumbs:

Last edited:
  • Useful

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Cleaning the coil.
Hello, my vape gots looser yesterday at 1000 puffs..a sighn of a coil dying? (But taste was good) View attachment 793573 normally i vape it till the coil is totally black burned around 1200 puffs. That is 6 days for me. Now i heared from people using the coil for 8 weeks and sometimes clean them. I thought i give it a try
Rinse the coil. Put it in alcohol 70% 12 hours.. rinsed it in boiling watter 10 min. Dried it 12 hours. Primed it very well ... and was very surprised in a bad way. Burned taste. See picture above at 1040 vapes. Wat went wrong? (50vg tobacco 2 air 13 watt)
Maybe you should look at getting into rta's. You can change the coil and cotton/rayon when ever you feel the need or even on a whim.
I have a friend who I gave a kroma/zenith kit to in October, he just changed the coil it came with! Im going to get the coil off him in the next few days and take it apart and post some pics for you.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2017
Yep. If you order less, then the savings on the coils @ $6.10/box, is just eaten up because of the high S/H cost. Makes the total avg. cost per box then, sometimes even more than from the vendors with somewhat higher coil cost per box, but with much lower S/H.

It's common that when a vendor prints a shipping label, you'll be sent the tracking number on it. But, until tracking itself shows "accepted by the USPS", or whomever the carrier is...it hasn't been actually shipped yet. I've noticed that to be especially true on websites like eBay, where the sellers will many times intentionally "fudge" on the actual shipping date. Label is sometimes created 2-3 days before they ship the package.

In this case, the PO were all closed yesterday, so it would go out today. IMO, that's definitely fast actual shipping compared to many other vendors. :thumbs:
Yes, USPS was closed Monday.
But, they shipped the package UPS instead and it left Monday. :)
All of this for stock, but still nice they got it out same day.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
But, they shipped the package UPS instead and it left Monday. :)
All of this for stock, but still nice they got it out same day.

I should've remembered they used UPS, as that's how mine came, too. :facepalm: I was surprised how big the box was, too, for just 1 brick of 10 boxes and 3 loose boxes of coils. They used lots of packing material though, for safe shipment. :thumbs:

• Useful

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
Cleaning the coil.
Hello, my vape gots looser yesterday at 1000 puffs..a sighn of a coil dying? (But taste was good) View attachment 793573 normally i vape it till the coil is totally black burned around 1200 puffs. That is 6 days for me. Now i heared from people using the coil for 8 weeks and sometimes clean them. I thought i give it a try

Maybe you should look at getting into rta's. You can change the coil and cotton/rayon when ever you feel the need or even on a whim.
I have a friend who I gave a kroma/zenith kit to in October, he just changed the coil it came with! Im going to get the coil off him in the next few days and take it apart and post some pics for you.
20190123_124010.jpg

Three months vaping unflavored vg, dw and nic.
It' his only vape tank and he uses about 3-4ml a day

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
That's impressive. Goes to show that it's all those additives to eliquids (sweeteners, flavorings, colorings) that gunk up our coils. Confirms my own observations, BTW. I often vape unflavored or barely flavored ejuices and my coils stay clean like that. Thanks for posting, Jeb!

Pete M

Aug 5, 2018
So I'm using a plexus again out of interest - had one lurking in my drawer and thought what the hell - and yep, same story as I remember. Taste really good for the first few days of use but by 4th day it's not so great... Admittedly I'm a chain vaper of typical 'coil killer' liquids, but the bottom line is the 0.8 seems to be able to handle that sort of use and the 0.5 can't

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
View attachment 793725

Three months vaping unflavored vg, dw and nic.
It' his only vape tank and he uses about 3-4ml a day
He's gotta be pullin' your leg, or that's one magic coil! That clean after over 300ml? I keep a vg unflavored doggy on hand, and mine isn't that clean after just a few tanks.

Honestly, I never paid that much attention. But now I'll have to rebuild tonight and see what it does.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
He's gotta be pullin' your leg, or that's one magic coil! That clean after over 300ml? I keep a vg unflavored doggy on hand, and mine isn't that clean after just a few tanks.

Honestly, I never paid that much attention. But now I'll have to rebuild tonight and see what it does.
Yes. My rta's wicks look like that after 3days.
I have taken some used zenith coils apart before but don't remember the exact condition of them but did think they looked pretty good.
I'e Just put a new coil in to a zenith with unflavoured to see if I can replicate the pic above.
Wide open, 9w, rl .

Reactions: Katya

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Yes. My rta's wicks look like that after 3days.
I have taken some used zenith coils apart before but don't remember the exact condition of them but did think they looked pretty good.
I'e Just put a new coil in to a zenith with unflavoured to see if I can replicate the pic above.
Wide open, 9w, rl .
We'll expect your report in three months.

Reactions: Brewdawg1181
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread