Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Hey there fellow vapers.

I posted recently this:

Couple of questions about e-liquid/atomizer

but only got one reply regarding the throat hit and im still a bit lost when it comes to the resistances and the e-liquid so i thought i would post here and see if i can get some info.

Finally found a Innokin Zlide Tank in a spanish vaping website so i added to the cart right away but still havent ordered because im not sure if the extra coils im getting will be a good choice.

Currently using 30/70-3mg nicotine(Wasp Nano RTA) which i only use for outdoor use,and im going to switch to 50/50 and upping the nicotine from 3 to 6.

These are the coils i was thinking of getting:

Resistencia Innokin Zlide Mesh Plus - Vapeototal

^^
Sorry it's in spanish but in the pic you can see the ohms/watts,are those resistance good for 50/50 6mg nicotine?
i read that in some cases if the proportion isnt right it will affect the performance of the resistance,not sure if that is correct or not.
Im aiming towards less cloud production but more throat hit,if that is possible hehe.

just waiting for some confirmation on this so i can order asap,im running out of e-liquid and the berserker v2 mtk rda i bought recently was faulty so i just cleaned it up and its in the box.
using the wasp nano rta at home but it's just to much cloud,that is why im getting the Innokin Zline Tank.

Well thanks in advance folks,hope you are all healthy and keeping safe.

• Disagree
Reactions: Don29palms

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
Hi. I haven used my innokin yet but I heard that for mtl most prefer 1.6 ohms but I do believe you innokin will come with a couple of coils. The one you looking at might also work for a RDL. When I get coils I try one of each so I know which one I like better. You could try them.

I'm sure you others will help. Luckily Spanish is my first language :D

Reactions: Javichu

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I can't help with the throat hit part (never understood it... don't need it) I suspect the 1.6 ohm coil is what you will like. The other coil is 0.2 ohms. Maybe this will help (and give you and idea of how many watts to use):
  • 1x Innokin Zlide Tank
  • 2x Z-Coils
  • 1.6Ω Kanthal Coil
    • Best Between 10-14W
  • 0.2Ω Plex 3-D Coil
    • Best Between 13-16W
  • Make sure to wait at least 10 minutes after filling the tank to vape (I added that part)

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
I can't help with the throat hit part (never understood it... don't need it) I suspect the 1.6 ohm coil is what you will like. The other coil is 0.2 ohms. Maybe this will help (and give you and idea of how many watts to use):
  • 1x Innokin Zlide Tank
  • 2x Z-Coils
  • 1.6Ω Kanthal Coil
    • Best Between 10-14W
  • 0.2Ω Plex 3-D Coil
    • Best Between 13-16W
  • Make sure to wait at least 10 minutes after filling the tank to vape (I added that part)
thanks for the info.

Hopefully ill get delivered soon,my Wasp Nano RTA just makes to big of a cloud for home.
ill keep on looking online for the 1.6 ohm coils,spanish stores seems to have run out hehe

cheers

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    The Zlide tank has 6 different ohm coils to choose from.
    0.48ohm, 0.5ohm, 0.8ohm, 1ohm, 1.2ohm and 1.6ohm. Every coil will also be fine with 50/50 juice.
    A small chart for you which may help:D
    image.jpeg

It's a very nice tank btw, as is it's big brother the Zenith:thumb:

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    The Zlide tank has 6 different ohm coils to choose from.
    0.48ohm, 0.5ohm, 0.8ohm, 1ohm, 1.2ohm and 1.6ohm. Every coil will also be fine with 50/50 juice.
    A small chart for you which may help:D
    View attachment 877305
    It's a very nice tank btw, as is it's big brother the Zenith:thumb:

thanks a bunch for the chart,i just downloaded it so i can always use it as a reference for future use.

cheers

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Oh just remembered something.
    While watching a video about the non rebuildable atomizers i was thinking of buying (ended up ordering the Innokin Zlide Tank) i recall hearing something about the wait time between puff and puff.
    From what i can remember they said something about having to wait some time before pressing the button again,not like the Wasp Nano RTA that im using now.
    Is that true? because now,well depends on the mood but sometimes i do like 2 or 3 puffs in a row,is that doable with a non rebuildable atomizers and does it have something to do with the difference in the type of coils?
    Just curious about this,wouldnt want to have to change the coils of my Innokin Zlide on the first day because i chained smoked to much.

cheers folks,stay healthy be safe.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Two things that will help keep the coil cool (especially for MTL tanks with drop-in coils)
    !. Don't close the airflow down too much
    2. Wait between draws.
    I'm OCD... do "primer puffs" (suck air without firing) between draws... keeps coils saturated. I also like loose MTL so have lots of airflow. I use 65VG/35?PG in my MTL ( mostly because anymore PG bothers my throat) 50/50 is fine too.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Two things that will help keep the coil cool (especially for MTL tanks with drop-in coils)
    !. Don't close the airflow down too much
    2. Wait between draws.
    I'm OCD... do "primer puffs" (suck air without firing) between draws... keeps coils saturated. I also like loose MTL so have lots of airflow. I use 65VG/35?PG in my MTL ( mostly because anymore PG bothers my throat) 50/50 is fine too.

Roger that!
    Just a couple of things:

About closing the airflow,ill just play it by ear and see which setting i like best,ill keep open all the way then keep on closing it until i get to the sweet spot.

About the wait between draws,is that like in seconds or close to a minute? remember hearing something about 15 to 20 seconds but not sure that is accurate.

Thanks for the replies bud,lots of useful info.

p.s.ordered 50/50,hope my throat doesnt irritate due to the higher pg,if it does oh well no biggie ill go back to 30/70.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I like airy MTL tanks and a chain puff here and there won't hurt your coils too much but chronically overheating them will. I find a VARIETY of my tanks and having lots of setups helps. For many reasons I often will not leave home without four.

But yes, you can toast a coil if you try hard enough I guess, and I think my OVERALL coil life is better by having many setups.

You can also overdo that though. I am sure I have.
    Anna

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    About the wait between draws,is that like in seconds or close to a minute? remember hearing something about 15 to 20 seconds but not sure that is accurate.
    Yes, that is fine. Another tip... when you let off the fire button, keep drawing air for a second or two.
    I'm super low budget and can't stock up on coils so do everything possible to make them last.
    Right now, I'm getting more into RTAs... even if you fry the wick, the coil survives (wick is super cheap)

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Oh just remembered something.
    While watching a video about the non rebuildable atomizers i was thinking of buying (ended up ordering the Innokin Zlide Tank) i recall hearing something about the wait time between puff and puff.
    From what i can remember they said something about having to wait some time before pressing the button again,not like the Wasp Nano RTA that im using now.
    Is that true? because now,well depends on the mood but sometimes i do like 2 or 3 puffs in a row,is that doable with a non rebuildable atomizers and does it have something to do with the difference in the type of coils?
    Just curious about this,wouldnt want to have to change the coils of my Innokin Zlide on the first day because i chained smoked to much.

cheers folks,stay healthy be safe.

I often took 2-3 puffs in a row with my Zlide and it had no negative effect on the coil whatsoever.
    I always had my airflow wide open though which would make a difference as far as heating up:D

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    I often took 2-3 puffs in a row with my Zlide and it had no negative effect on the coil whatsoever.
    I always had my airflow wide open though which would make a difference as far as heating up:D

yeah so it seems that i will have to pay attention to where my airflow is,if its to closed i might have to wait a bit between puff and puff.
    but glad to hear there is no effect if its wide open,ill try like that and see how it goes.

cheers

Javichu

ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    Doesn't have to be wide open, but it helps if it's at least 1/3 open if you vape a lot. It also depends on how many watts you use.
    You will be fine... don't overthink this.

Roger that.
    Cant promise the no not overthinking part thou.
    If while you watching the news you see a dude with a Napoleon hat and yelling airflow airflow!!!!!! while being dragged to a mental asylum...well that is probably me :D

Last edited:

SP013

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Hey there fellow vapers.

I posted recently this:

Couple of questions about e-liquid/atomizer

but only got one reply regarding the throat hit and im still a bit lost when it comes to the resistances and the e-liquid so i thought i would post here and see if i can get some info.

Finally found a Innokin Zlide Tank in a spanish vaping website so i added to the cart right away but still havent ordered because im not sure if the extra coils im getting will be a good choice.

Currently using 30/70-3mg nicotine(Wasp Nano RTA) which i only use for outdoor use,and im going to switch to 50/50 and upping the nicotine from 3 to 6.

These are the coils i was thinking of getting:

Resistencia Innokin Zlide Mesh Plus - Vapeototal

^^
    Sorry it's in spanish but in the pic you can see the ohms/watts,are those resistance good for 50/50 6mg nicotine?
    i read that in some cases if the proportion isnt right it will affect the performance of the resistance,not sure if that is correct or not.
    Im aiming towards less cloud production but more throat hit,if that is possible hehe.

just waiting for some confirmation on this so i can order asap,im running out of e-liquid and the berserker v2 mtk rda i bought recently was faulty so i just cleaned it up and its in the box.
    using the wasp nano rta at home but it's just to much cloud,that is why im getting the Innokin Zline Tank.

Well thanks in advance folks,hope you are all healthy and keeping safe.
    I've owned all the Zlide coils and all of them work perfectly with 50/50 juice ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread