Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
meanwhile-in-colorado.jpg

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.

Makes you seriously wonder about the intelligence level of certain states doesnt it? My father is an old hippie from the 60s and he smokes colorado cigarettes and analogs daily. from what I understand the first option is FAR worse for you in terms of tar.Ive heard it said that one of those equals a whole pack of analogs but no one seems to care about that as long as they can villify smoking

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
oh brother, if that's not the most ridiculous thing I've ever read, I don't know what is,,,,,,,

it's just one person's idea, though,,,,,,I doubt they could pass it,,,,,

I did get a kick out of the article stating "Chapman is not so naïve as to think there would not be a minor public outcry from smokers and sceptics alike.

MINOR public outcry????????? He's living on Mars.

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
MINOR public outcry????????? He's living on Mars.

I wish that were true, but after watching everyone stand aside while they go about passing smoking bans across this country..... I wonder if there would be all that much outcry. Smokers are outnumbered by far by nonsmokers who could give two ****s if they take away a smoker's rights.

McWhat

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2009
Tucson
I envision "vendors" on the street selling illicit smokes, turf wars, you know, all the stuff that came with prohibition and the war on drugs. This idea in no way address Reservation smoke shops (Ok, not an issue in Europe), "roll your own" or internet sales.

On second thought, I have some spare cash and a cigarette injector, bring on the smart card. I might be able to get my retirement fund back on track.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
You know what I see? Rich people being able to smoke as much as they want cause they can pay the prices, while the poor end up trying to find anything they can to smoke, and in the process, kill themselves because of it. If tobacco can't be had, let's try smoking this instead. Either that, or you'll see drug busts on COPS where they break into people's houses and arrest them and shoot their dogs and send their children off to be state raised because they were growing an unlicensed tobacco plant in their basement. Perhaps next we should make fat people carry cards that only allow them to buy so many calories every month. While in line at the grocery store with a frozen pizza and 20 oz of soda the cashier says "Sorry sir, according to the scale you're standing on, you're 10 pounds overweight, and your card has run out of calories for the month, so you cannot purchase this product. If you go over to aisle 13, we have a great choice of water and 0 calorie vegetables like lettuce and onion to choose from"

While we're at it, let's make all gaming consoles require card swipers too. This way we can not only keep our kids healthy from the calorie cards, we can keep them off the gaming consoles too. "But Dad, I ran out of VG (video game) points, can't you buy more?" "Sorry son, unless you want to eat onion on lettuce wraps for the rest of the month, we can't afford to let you play, but here, have a double shot of whiskey, it's the only thing aside from water we have in the house. That should help you out for the next few hours"

Ok, somebody else can have the soapbox

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Perhaps next we should make fat people carry cards that only allow them to buy so many calories every month. While in line at the grocery store with a frozen pizza and 20 oz of soda the cashier says "Sorry sir, according to the scale you're standing on, you're 10 pounds overweight, and your card has run out of calories for the month, so you cannot purchase this product. If you go over to aisle 13, we have a great choice of water and 0 calorie vegetables like lettuce and onion to choose from"

While we're at it, let's make all gaming consoles require card swipers too. This way we can not only keep our kids healthy from the calorie cards, we can keep them off the gaming consoles too. "But Dad, I ran out of VG (video game) points, can't you buy more?" "Sorry son, unless you want to eat onion on lettuce wraps for the rest of the month, we can't afford to let you play, but here, have a double shot of whiskey, it's the only thing aside from water we have in the house. That should help you out for the next few hours"

Outstanding rant!
:)

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
You know what I see? Rich people being able to smoke as much as they want cause they can pay the prices, while the poor end up trying to find anything they can to smoke, and in the process, kill themselves because of it. If tobacco can't be had, let's try smoking this instead. Either that, or you'll see drug busts on COPS where they break into people's houses and arrest them and shoot their dogs and send their children off to be state raised because they were growing an unlicensed tobacco plant in their basement. Perhaps next we should make fat people carry cards that only allow them to buy so many calories every month. While in line at the grocery store with a frozen pizza and 20 oz of soda the cashier says "Sorry sir, according to the scale you're standing on, you're 10 pounds overweight, and your card has run out of calories for the month, so you cannot purchase this product. If you go over to aisle 13, we have a great choice of water and 0 calorie vegetables like lettuce and onion to choose from"

No, no..... you're saying it in a far more civilized manner than I would. *clapping*

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
I wish that were true, but after watching everyone stand aside while they go about passing smoking bans across this country..... I wonder if there would be all that much outcry. Smokers are outnumbered by far by nonsmokers who could give two ****s if they take away a smoker's rights.

good point LOL,,,I meant that the outcry wouldn't be minor,,,,,,,as in smokers would be SEVERELY upset,,,,,,,,I guess it WOULD be minor in the sheer numbers of smokers VS nonsmokers.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
you know what i see? Rich people being able to smoke as much as they want cause they can pay the prices, while the poor end up trying to find anything they can to smoke, and in the process, kill themselves because of it. If tobacco can't be had, let's try smoking this instead. Either that, or you'll see drug busts on cops where they break into people's houses and arrest them and shoot their dogs and send their children off to be state raised because they were growing an unlicensed tobacco plant in their basement. Perhaps next we should make fat people carry cards that only allow them to buy so many calories every month. While in line at the grocery store with a frozen pizza and 20 oz of soda the cashier says "sorry sir, according to the scale you're standing on, you're 10 pounds overweight, and your card has run out of calories for the month, so you cannot purchase this product. If you go over to aisle 13, we have a great choice of water and 0 calorie vegetables like lettuce and onion to choose from"

while we're at it, let's make all gaming consoles require card swipers too. This way we can not only keep our kids healthy from the calorie cards, we can keep them off the gaming consoles too. "but dad, i ran out of vg (video game) points, can't you buy more?" "sorry son, unless you want to eat onion on lettuce wraps for the rest of the month, we can't afford to let you play, but here, have a double shot of whiskey, it's the only thing aside from water we have in the house. That should help you out for the next few hours"

ok, somebody else can have the soapbox

bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Makes you seriously wonder about the intelligence level of certain states doesnt it? My father is an old hippie from the 60s and he smokes colorado cigarettes and analogs daily. from what I understand the first option is FAR worse for you in terms of tar.Ive heard it said that one of those equals a whole pack of analogs but no one seems to care about that as long as they can villify smoking

We have to keep these "War on Drugs" people employed once the war is over on that front.

in the city where i work smoking is the very devil yet many of the citizens here voted to legalize that which shall remain nameless.
one is ok but the other is not.
hypocrisy is all too human.

I have been to people's homes where they have "Thank You For Not Smoking" signs but they fire up Colorado cigarettes inside!

What have they been smoking! Oh, wait, never mind! Lol

My Province, in an effort to combat illegal smokes, has made it illegal to posses more than 5 cartons of cigarettes in your house. Nobody thought it was odd that you can't keep smokes that you bought legally in your house.

OTOH, most people I know can't afford to buy that many cigarettes at a time anyway! Lol

Don't smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

jazzbo

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2011
Orlando, Fl
That's why you use a vaporizer with THAT as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread