Status
Not open for further replies.

mywindow

May 21, 2013
Denver, CO, USA
I recently ran across ejuice Me Up but, I don't own a Windows machine with high enough screen resolution that will run it since I'm a Linux user. I noticed the programs page has a link to this site for Linux installs but was void of any real info and Closed. Since the install on Linux is a great deal more difficult then normal, I hope to save some Linux users some frustration and cursing Linux for problems created by Microsoft. Namely making the dotnet install more complicated then it's worth.

Don't confuse these directions the same as me recommending this "Piece of Soft"! This software depends on Microsoft .NET 3.5 which should never be installed on a production machine! The author of this program has taken no allowance for portability and is not POSIX compliant! There are only two ways to install this without hosing your machine in the future! DO NOT INSTALL IN THE DEFAULT $HOME/.wine (Prefix) DIRECTORY! And never run WINE as root. If you are looking for a sandbox install that won't harm anything else please use: http://zerowine.sourceforge.net

These instructions will install a fully working version of ejuice Me Up and DotNET 3.5sp1 in its own private directory away from any existing wine installs. Also included are commands that will make the uninstall painless as well. This install process was tested on Ubuntu v12.04 and Ubuntu v13.04 but, should also work on any Debian based OS.

The basic install steps are:
  1. Remove existing install of ejuice Me Up if the install was already tried by normal means. (Skip this step if necessary)
  2. Install and/or Update Wine and Winetricks.
  3. Install Micro$oft DotNET 3.5sp1 with Winetricks.
  4. Download and Install Ejuice Me Up.
  5. Take Ejuice Me Up for a test drive.
  6. Create start up shell script and create shortcut links

If you have tried to install Ejuice Me Up previously then these commands will remove that install. If not move onto the next step.
Code:
rm -rf ~/.wine
rm -rf ~/.local/share/applications/wine/Programs/Breaktru\ Software
rm -f ~/Desktop/eJuice\ Me\ Up*
rm -f ~/.config/menus/applications-merged/wine*Breaktru\ Software*
rm -f ~/.local/share/applications/wine-Programs-Breaktru\ Software-eJuice\ Me\ Up-eJuice\ Me\ Up.desktop
rm -f ~/.local/share/desktop-directories/wine*Breaktru\ Software*
rm -f ~/.local/share/icons/hicolor/*/apps/*eJuice_Me_Up*.png
rm -f ~/.local/share/icons/hicolor/*/apps/*Warning.txt*.png
rm -f ~/.local/share/icons/hicolor/*/apps/*ReadMe.txt*.png
rm -f ~/.local/share/icons/hicolor/*/apps/*NewShortcut1*.png

Update and/or Install Wine and Winetricks
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y upgrade;sudo apt-get -y install wine libp11-kit-gnome-keyring:i386 gnome-exe-thumbnailer winbind
rm -f ~/winetricks;wget http://winetricks.org/winetricks && sudo mv winetricks /usr/bin && sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/winetricks
sudo apt-get -y install cabextract unzip p7zip wget zenity

Use Winetricks to install Micro$oft DotNET 3.5sp1
This will take at least 30 minutes and require at least 3GB Free in your home directory
Code:
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/ejuicemeup winetricks -q prefix=ejuicemeup corefonts msxml3 dotnet35sp1

Download and Install Ejuice Me Up into it's own prefix=(ejuicemeup)
Code:
wget http://breaktru.com/ejuicemeup.zip -O /tmp/ejuicemeup.zip
unzip /tmp/ejuicemeup.zip setup.exe -d /tmp/;chmod 777 /tmp/setup.exe
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/ejuicemeup WINEDLLOVERRIDES=winemenubuilder.exe=d WINEDEBUG=-all wine /tmp/setup.exe /S /v/qn
rm -r /tmp/setup.exe /tmp/ejuicemeup.zip

Take Ejuice Me Up for a test drive
Code:
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/ejuicemeup WINEDEBUG=-all wine start /unix $HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/ejuicemeup/drive_c/Program\ Files/Breaktru\ Software/eJuice\ Me\ Up/eJuice\ Me\ Up.exe

Create start up shell script
Code:
echo -e '#!/bin/sh' "\ncd $HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/ejuicemeup/drive_c/Program\ Files/Breaktru\ Software/eJuice\ Me\ Up" "\nWINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/ejuicemeup WINEDEBUG=-all wine start eJuice\ Me\ Up.exe" > $HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/ejuicemeup/drive_c/eJuiceMeUp.sh
chmod +x $HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/ejuicemeup/drive_c/eJuiceMeUp.sh

Download Ejuice Me Up Icon for Shortcuts
Code:
wget https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/zrMMthwMqSd6jEsvR1oGROt6vVPJDGmZMNscIO_iEOA4VFsqSC_ZJwK5T6uTaNUy2zong9iMsvU -O $HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/ejuicemeup/drive_c/eJuiceMeUp.png

Create Shortcut (.desktop file) On Desktop
Code:
echo -e "[Desktop Entry]\nType=Application\nName=eJuice Me Up\nTerminal=false\nExec=$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/ejuicemeup/drive_c/eJuiceMeUp.sh\nIcon=$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/ejuicemeup/drive_c/eJuiceMeUp.png" > $HOME/Desktop/eJuice_Me_Up.desktop

chmod +x $HOME/Desktop/eJuice_Me_Up.desktop

Create Shortcut (.desktop file) For Unity Launcher
Code:
mkdir -p $HOME/.local/share/applications/wine/Programs
echo -e "[Desktop Entry]\nType=Application\nName=eJuice Me Up\nTerminal=false\nExec=$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/ejuicemeup/drive_c/eJuiceMeUp.sh\nIcon=$HOME/.local/share/wineprefixes/ejuicemeup/drive_c/eJuiceMeUp.png" > $HOME/.local/share/applications/wine/Programs/eJuice_Me_Up.desktop

chmod +x $HOME/.local/share/applications/wine/Programs/eJuice_Me_Up.desktop

Uninstall Process.
Code:
rm -rf ~/.local/share/wineprefixes/ejuicemeup
rm -f $HOME/Desktop/eJuice_Me_Up.desktop $HOME/.local/share/applications/wine/Programs/eJuice_Me_Up.desktop

mywindow

May 21, 2013
Denver, CO, USA
Thanks for doing the heavy lifting :)

I'm not certain how many of us here use Linux. The Linux subforum is mostly quiet. That's neither here nor there, I suppose. I'm here for vaping info, and have plenty of Linux forums I have neglected for this one :)

Hope you enjoy the program.

Did you mean Linux Forum at ECF? If you did can I have a link? I can't seem to find it??? Sounds like home to me :) I'm also now afraid this was posted in the wrong forum? I only choose this one because the original post was from here. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/175939-e-juice-me-up-linux.html

Funny thing is I can't stand the program EjuiceMeUp! I use a shell script now or just use percentages for drops. I only posted this because it does not exist on the net and I always try to fill voids I can.

EmeraldLeo1982

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma
That calculator seems to have some errors in it though, or my brain does. If I try and get 50/50 mix using PG nic and PG flavors it tells me to use negative amounts of PG and gives me an error popup. But in reality I could just add enough VG to make it 50/50 and do the math manually to still maintain the right nic level.

It would be nice to have a "maintain mix %" check box so it would automatically adjust the "amount you want to make in ml" to whatever it would need to be to maintain 50/50 at the specified nic level.

Reactions: Chuck2

yellowsnow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
New Mexico
That calculator seems to have some errors in it though, or my brain does. If I try and get 50/50 mix using PG nic and PG flavors it tells me to use negative amounts of PG and gives me an error popup. But in reality I could just add enough VG to make it 50/50 and do the math manually to still maintain the right nic level.

It would be nice to have a "maintain mix %" check box so it would automatically adjust the "amount you want to make in ml" to whatever it would need to be to maintain 50/50 at the specified nic level.

X2 on the maintain mix %.

rodjar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Virginia
Did you mean Linux Forum at ECF? If you did can I have a link? I can't seem to find it??? Sounds like home to me :) I'm also now afraid this was posted in the wrong forum? I only choose this one because the original post was from here. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/175939-e-juice-me-up-linux.html

Funny thing is I can't stand the program EjuiceMeUp! I use a shell script now or just use percentages for drops. I only posted this because it does not exist on the net and I always try to fill voids I can.

here's the Linux group
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/groups/linux-vapers.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread