Introducing the all new Apex Alpha U.S.A. made premium electronic cigarette!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
Anytime! Congrats. Make sure to use the ECF20 Coupon code at check out! Also notice that we are offering a PTFE high temperature plastic Tru-Flow drip-tip as an option. You can select what material drip tip you want on all the kit product pages., either electroless nickel plated aluminum or PTFR FDA approved high temp plastic (operating temp to 450 F) which is a nice option if you are using a Ultra or UltraMax and chain vaping (aluminum can get warm, especially at 6V!).

All are kits are now shipping with a Cape Cod Cleaning cloth included as well.

Cheers,

SH

I just pulled the trigger on the UltraMax w/RES. Hopefully this wait won't be too excruciating.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I just pulled the trigger on the UltraMax w/RES. Hopefully this wait won't be too excruciating.

Well I personally put all the orders together and send them out. I can assure you that it will be shipping in a few hours. The only unreliable part is the post office. Assuming that they have their act together you should have it by Saturday so hopefully the wait wont be too excruciating.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
Yes I believe that 1/2 ml would last longer in the RES than it would in a cartomizer. The reason is exactly what you were thinking. The liquid inside the RES does not fully absorb into the ceramic and therefore does not get stuck like liquid does in the polyfill. It drains down into the atomizer smooth and non obstructed. So in a cartomizer 1/2 ml will be closer to 1/3 ml, where in the RES you get every last drop of that 1/2 ml.

I want to clarify slightly TmeisT post. This is a new technology and no one has used this type of high grade (medical device grade) porous ceramic for a e-cig reservoir before. TmeisT is correct in that the liquid is not absorbed directly by the ceramic. The ceramic is a microporous material. Meaning that it has little tiny pockets (in the order of microns in diameter) throughout the material. Those pores are what store the liquid. That being said, the RES does not function like a "Tank" system. When you inhale on the Alpha the airflow is forced through the porous ceramic, and this displaces the liquid from the pores and drives it into the atomizer.

The ceramic will then seek to be in equilibrium, the pores that had liquid in them, and are emptied when you inhale will draw fluid from the more saturated parts of the ceramic. The RES is always doing this, as you vape, the fluid equilibrium in the ceramic is shifting. This system works extremely well for people who use the PV like an analog, taking 10-15 drags and then coming back to the Alpha 10-20 minutes later and taking another 10-15 drags. This is because the time between use allows the RES to come back into equilibrium completely. Most people will refill the RES before it has been completely drained, because as you get to the lower range of the capacity the distribution of that last remaining liquid is throughout the entire wick (because the ceramic seeks equilibrium), and vapor production will decrease. So the RES is not really built to be run until it is dry, more like until it is almost dry.

This is less noticeable as the RES capacity increases UltraLite RES < Ultra RES < UltraMax RES.

Now I use a 100% VG liquid which is thicker then VG/PG or pure PG juice. This also plays a small role in how rapidly the RES reaches equilibrium, as thicker liquids will take slightly longer then thinner liquids.

The benefit of this system over a tank is that the liquid flow is driven directly by the airflow of your inhale. So if you take a short, hard inhale the liquid is drawn in rapidly. If you take long slow inhale, the liquid is drawn in slowly, it adapts automatically to your style of vaping. Unlike tank systems which require tuning and adjusting of the air fluid ratio, or work by siphoning fluid from the tank to the atomizer wick. The RES requires NO tuning or adjusting, it just works because of the nature of the design, the airflow generated by your inhale has to go through the ceramic wick before reaching the atomizer, this puts the liquid directly in the flow path, right where it should be IMHO.

The RES also does not leak as the liquid is held in the ceramic. The ceramic is also completely inert and imparts no flavor to the liquid, and will never wear out. Add to that the fact that it is really simply to fill (if you can direct drip you can fill the RES, it is that simple) , and easy to clean it is a really good system.

This is probably an overly long reply, but this is a entirely new approach to an integrated eliquid reservoir.

You can check out the About Alpha section on the innovapor website, there is a RES specific section including a tab that says "RES in Action" showing in images how the RES functions. Link: About Alpha Electronic Cigarette: Your source for the best electronic cigarettes in the world.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
If i hadnt just bought a reo, i might jave tried this. Wll give it a month so the wife doesnt have a fit with me biying mods :)

R.

Haha you are the second guy in that boat. Wives right?! Oh well what can you do. Giving it a month will give you time to enjoy your new mod while waiting to get some reviews out on the Alpha. Plus, you gotta get a few days use in on the Reo before you switch to one of these and never pick up the Reo again :)

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
If i hadnt just bought a reo, i might jave tried this. Wll give it a month so the wife doesnt have a fit with me biying mods :)

R.

I was in the same boat, but decided against the Reo and went for this instead. I just got my tracking numbers so it looks like I'll be in "mailman stocking mode" for the next couple days.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
Another question concerning cartomizers: Does the RES feed the cartomizers like it would an atty? Also, does 50/50 or 70/30 pg/vg wick okay?

The RES was built around a 100% VG liquid so all other liquids will actually wick better because they are not as thick. So PG/VG blends of 50/50 or 70/30 should would really well from a wicking standpoint.

The RES is built to feed liquid through the side air intake ports on the atty or carto. So as long as your carto is 510/306 thread pattern with the standard little air intake about the thread the it will feed the liquid.

Cheers, hope that helps!

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
I pulled the trigger on the UltraMax w/RES...it will be nice to have 2 extra ml's of juice in there to feed an already full carto...now the mailman stalking begins.

Hopefully USPS is on it, Boise to Kansas should be pretty quick by Priority mail. Please let us know what you think when you get it!

Cheers,

Sh

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
Man oh man I can not decide between the lite or the ultra, what should I do???? Suggestions??

Also when will the regular top cap be available for sale by itself?

The UltraLite is little, so if you really do not like a device much larger then a standard e-cig then that is the one. However the Ultra is not much bigger but there is a big jump in performance of a 14500 (600mah) battery in the Ultra vs. the 10440 (says 350mah more like 250mah) battery in the Ultra Lite. The ultra is shorter then an ego and just a little bitter larger in diameter.

Its the reverse size matters issue!

Cheers,

SH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread