Introducing the all new Apex Alpha U.S.A. made premium electronic cigarette from InnoVapor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dob_Bobolina

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Fresno, CA
www.ecigology.com
Got my ultramax with RES today. Very nice, very impressive. Question for N8T- Its clear how the RES works now that I have it in my hand and can inspect it, the air draws through the holes in the sides of the RES and wicks the juice up into the atomizer, basically like extending the entire atomizer itself, very clever by the way. I wonder though, air can be drawn through the top of the RES tank around the base of the atomizer. I wonder if blocking that passageway would improve the wicking from the RES, or is this necessary as it would create too much juice to be wicked? A simple solution is a tiny rubber band installed on the top of the RES.

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Got my ultramax with RES today. Very nice, very impressive. Question for N8T- Its clear how the RES works now that I have it in my hand and can inspect it, the air draws through the holes in the sides of the RES and wicks the juice up into the atomizer, basically like extending the entire atomizer itself, very clever by the way. I wonder though, air can be drawn through the top of the RES tank around the base of the atomizer. I wonder if blocking that passageway would improve the wicking from the RES, or is this necessary as it would create too much juice to be wicked? A simple solution is a tiny rubber band installed on the top of the RES.

How does the RES work for you & are your attys dewicked/debridged? (mine are and I think it hinders optimal wicking from the RES) ..

Thanks, Laz, azi, and N8T for your responses to my questions.

Should I or shouldn't I?

Couple more questions, N8T - how long do you have to wait once you rinse the Res when changing flavors before using it again? How often do you need to rinse it if not changing flavors?

Yes

The rule of thumb for rinsing and refilling the RES is to wait until it's dry. Placing the wick on a peper towel will expedite the drying process. I'm sure there are other ways to speed the drying but this is the least invasive, and thus recommended.

Regular rinsing with the same flavor is somewhat subjective. I suspect that this will vary between users, RES size, voltage, etc. I personally have never rinsed my RES, going on almost two months now. However, I gave a test unit to an avid vapor who really knuckles down on the device and he rinses his weekly.

Just be sure to clean the parts and threads before you re-assemble the RES.

Cheers!

Thank you, and great question! This is one of the very nuanced design choices I made.

I tested various fits between the nose of the atomizer interface, the inner sleeve of the RES, and the atomizer. This led me to settle on a fit of ~.0025" and ~.0035" where the Inner sleeve of the RES slides over the nose of the atomizer interface (which, BTW, has holes drilled at a 20deg angle if anyone's noticed). My reason for this was that I wanted to create a secondary venturi effect to pump fluid out of the RES. There are other reasons for this specific fit but that is the main one.

Plugging this air passage is an option if you want to isolate the RES as the only inlet to the atomizer. I'll experiment, and encourage you to as well. I'm curious what the results will be. As an aside, I tend to think of it in automotive terms, like a carb, where we are chasing the correct stoichiometric (air to fuel) ratio. I'd wager it's somewhere around 8:1.

Cheers, and definitely stoked that you like it!

Nate

Last edited:

aziffel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2010
nc

Instant perfect fit band,cut 1/8 inch from the open end of a carto "condom",fits perfectly,super fast,heat resistant.

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
Thanks, N8T.

I placed an order for the UltraMax, batts, and driptips. I didn't need a charger or attys or juice so it was cheaper for me not to choose a kit. So no free priority but free first class shipping. I'm hoping I'll have it by next weekend seeing I'm in the SF Bay Area.

Can't wait.

That's great, now you will have a device that is manufactured tip to tail in the Bay. All Alpha's are built right in San Carlos! Please let us know how you like it.

Cheers,

SH

SleepHater

ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
PA, CA
That's interesting. Too bad it couldn't be shipped from San Carlos. Then I'd get it really quick. :laugh:

I know... unfortunately all the work that goes in to packaging the kits (even the base units) such boxing, adding the user manual, Cape Cod Cleaning cloth etc. is done by InnoVapor up in Boise. Should still be pretty quick lets hope!

Cheers,

SH

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Thanks, N8T.

I placed an order for the UltraMax, batts, and driptips. I didn't need a charger or attys or juice so it was cheaper for me not to choose a kit. So no free priority but free first class shipping. I'm hoping I'll have it by next weekend seeing I'm in the SF Bay Area.

Can't wait.

Actually it will ship out priority. It might not say but all base units and up ship with free priority. Just a heads up. You will definitely have it by middle of next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread