Introducing the Precise Industrious RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hi David, could you tell me what the dimensions of your cotton wick are? Basically what is the diameter in mm of your installed but non coiled wick. I know the cotton is too soft to get a good measurement but I'd trust your eyeball estimate. I built mine as I watched and paused and rewound and paused the video and even after twisting up some 28 gauge kanthal I still can't get below 1 ohm. 2

I haven't tried twisting 28 gauge, so I can't tell you what it should come in at. My 26 gauge twist yields around .5ohms though (actually to be exact I think it was .6ohms. I'll recheck when i have my meter with me and get you a ballpark of the cotton).

vdefazzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Cooper City, Florida
I haven't tried twisting 28 gauge, so I can't tell you what it should come in at. My 26 gauge twist yields around .5ohms though (actually to be exact I think it was .6ohms. I'll recheck when i have my meter with me and get you a ballpark of the cotton).

I nailed it with three wraps of twisted 26 gauge kanthal .5 ohm. vaping so nicely that I forgot where I put my K4 down. Loving it. The thing that startled me, really I was startled. I ripped out my old cotton wick without draining the tank. Never turned it upside down since it was still full. I pulled my new cotton wick through and smoothed it around the center post. I watched the dry cotton saturate with juice. I have never seen anything like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419810345959.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419810345959.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 58

Fusion_Boy

Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
San Antonio TX
Hey Dave been messing around with my Industrious RBA and I have a quick questions. I have a needle fill bottle for the refills, but i seem not able to fill it back up using the fill hole. Each time I attempt to the juice just back flows to the top. Am i doing something wrong?

BTW best vape I have had in a long time if ever. Stellar job good sir.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Oh.. thank you.. I've been pretty bored in the past 6 months, but this is very appealing..

How much heat can it handle? I'm not vaping over 35 Watts anymore, so I'm not too worried about, but figured I should ask..

I didn't see any real clarification on that... the wide ID doesn't offer too low of builds without increasing surface area. That is counter active in most respects to me.. but I'm more concerned about the heat dissipation of this atomizer.. so add that as a question too. How does it handle heat- vapor production/coolness & heat dissipation?:)

Sorry, I'm not a video viewer.. unless it's something obscene.:)

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I nailed it with three wraps of twisted 26 gauge kanthal .5 ohm. Vaping so nicely that I forgot where I put my K4 down. Loving it. The thing that startled me, really I was startled. I ripped out my old cotton wick without draining the tank. Never turned it upside down since it was still full. I pulled my new cotton wick through and smoothed it around the center post. I watched the dry cotton saturate with juice. I have never seen anything like it.

Really good to hear you are loving your new Industrious and thanks for sharing information on your build!

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey Dave been messing around with my Industrious RBA and I have a quick questions. I have a needle fill bottle for the refills, but i seem not able to fill it back up using the fill hole. Each time I attempt to the juice just back flows to the top. Am i doing something wrong?

Check to make sure the hole isn't plugged or not drilled through all the way otherwise, id guess you are getting some vacuum lock?

vdefazzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Cooper City, Florida
Check to make sure the hole isn't plugged or not drilled through all the way otherwise, id guess you are getting some vacuum lock?

I ran into the same issue. Went to fill through the vent/fill hole and couldn't make any headway. Juice came from the wick stem at the same rate I was filling. So I went to open the tank and began unscrewing it. The tank lid spun at a different rate than the wick stem. I said some horrible things to my industrious. I did apologize later though :)

Twisted coil destroyed and cotton wick shredded I endeavored to find a solution. I formed and shaped a coil out of 22 gauge kanthal. Meters out at .3 ohm. Like two and a half wraps, I'll post a pick after I get home.
It's a stout and durable coil.
The technique: push a thin strip of cotton through the stem and smooth around the stem counter clockwise as a feeder wick then a thicker outer wick . I then screw on my coil counter clockwise until the leads line up with the set screw holes and tighten. As far as the filling issue without removing the tank cap it seems like the only way to relieve the pressure will be to have one of the really skinny needle tip bottles and squeeze a little then suck a little until full. I cant fill past the top stem hole in the tank as it is without removing the tank cap. It will be kind of a pain to re coil and rewick at every fill. Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:

vdefazzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Cooper City, Florida
Just need a bot bigger fill hole. Ill see what size drill bit one could go up too theres room for a bigger hole. I use a syringe needle so it fits but doesnt seal so it allows venting so it doesnt pressurize the tank.

Ok sure I see that now. None of my blunt needles will go into the hole and my pointy luer lock tip seals the hole.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey David,

How big is the fill hole? and what size gauge needle do you use to fill it?

I'm using a 21 gauge needle, but you can go bigger. We are now shipping them with a bigger hole too, 5/64 inch. So anyone wanting to drill out there current one, it's a 2 minute job, just pick up a 5/64 drill bit.

Corona Doble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
Paris, France
Received this morning my ELA 2 and Industrious (kidnapped by my customs, against more euros), 2 wicks # 325 mesh and 3 coils of test since with japanese cotton, 70% VG :

* wicks superbly, even with one of the test mesh shortened to the base , at the very first millimeter of the cut in the central pin, even with 1/5th of a tank and vertical vaping.
* definitly a candidate for warm low ohms builds, 0,7 or lower, (forget the purple and go for the outstanding new AW if you want to stay in 18500 size)
* but need some lenght of wire, omega tiger wires and 0,4 mm titanium wires are best suited than 'big' +0,5 mm kantahl IMHO. I will test twisted classic thin wires soon. I will too test it with an oxydized mesh as a pure genesis with thin wires, that's obvious for me :) ;)
* special T airflow : you actually decrease the amount of air but it does not decrease in 'quality', unsure to be clear considering my poor english spoken (i assume everybody laugh when i post something on this forum..) Air stay dense even at wider position, the travel and coil covering may act more than only quantity found in 'direct' airflow as found on most drippers . To be tested further,
* 4 ml + capacity is a cool feature and totally adequate for the type of coils used,
* i don't even figure how the Industrious could leak,
* as expected since my first look at it in late 2012, the ELA is nicely complex and beautifully made, with reminiscence of some look 'codes' i like very much in (now) classic devices, i'll quickly purchase a 510 base for my 'knurled ring 23mm' mmvapors TNS, will certainly drive in18350 size and in style some very fine custom 16 mm genesis ;) i don't expect to add a flat switch, the original one is major part of the device use and look, and an incredible unique design on the market.

Due to the low ohm / big wires / 4 ml leakproof 'nomad' DNA of the Industrious, the ELA will be best fitted with 18650 batteries for me, setting up a very effective weapon indeed, usefull in this pre-civil war era down there ...

Considering the 30 USD shipping and the hungry UE import taxes, can someone explain me why i'v been enough stupid to don't purchase at the same time a 22mm , 16 mm slanted top caps and an additionnal knurled ring ? :)

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Received this morning my ELA 2 and Industrious (kidnapped by my customs, against more euros), 2 wicks # 325 mesh and 3 coils of test since with japanese cotton, 70% VG :

* wicks superbly, even with one of the test mesh shortened to the base , at the very first millimeter of the cut in the central pin, even with 1/5th of a tank and vertical vaping.
* definitly a candidate for warm low ohms builds, 0,7 or lower, (forget the purple and go for the outstanding new AW if you want to stay in 18500 size)
* but need some lenght of wire, omega tiger wires and 0,4 mm titanium wires are best suited than 'big' +0,5 mm kantahl IMHO. I will test twisted classic thin wires soon. I will too test it with an oxydized mesh as a pure genesis with thin wires, that's obvious for me :) ;)
* special T airflow : you actually decrease the amount of air but it does not decrease in 'quality', unsure to be clear considering my poor english spoken (i assume everybody laugh when i post something on this forum..) Air stay dense even at wider position, the travel and coil covering may act more than only quantity found in 'direct' airflow as found on most drippers . To be tested further,
* 4 ml + capacity is a cool feature and totally adequate for the type of coils used,
* i don't even figure how the Industrious could leak,
* as expected since my first look at it in late 2012, the ELA is nicely complex and beautifully made, with reminiscence of some look 'codes' i like very much in (now) classic devices, i'll quickly purchase a 510 base for my 'knurled ring 23mm' mmvapors TNS, will certainly drive in18350 size and in style some very fine custom 16 mm genesis ;) i don't expect to add a flat switch, the original one is major part of the device use and look, and an incredible unique design on the market.

Due to the low ohm / big wires / 4 ml leakproof 'nomad' DNA of the Industrious, the ELA will be best fitted with 18650 batteries for me, setting up a very effective weapon indeed, usefull in this pre-civil war era down there ...

Considering the 30 USD shipping and the hungry UE import taxes, can someone explain me why i'v been enough stupid to don't purchase at the same time a 22mm , 16 mm slanted top caps and an additionnal knurled ring ? :)

That's really awesome to hear you are liking your Industrious! We are really proud of it's innovative designs and hope it gives you a lot of vaping pleasure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread