Introducing the Precise Industrious RBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

spek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Oregon
Received my ELA and Industrious today! The ela is really nice with the flat button. The stock button has some really sharp edges but its nice for the most part.

I am struggling with the industrious, however. Mainly the machine oil taste. I washed thoroughly and did a build. Halfway decent vapor and machine oil taste, gross. Washed it again even more thoroughly, blowing soapy water through the air holes over and over. Still has a nasty taste. Rinse and repeat and its still there. Now I have it soaking in dish soap water for a few hours before I try again.

The vapor production is decent but not great, so far. Machine oil might affect this. Flavor, machine oil, I cant really speak to that. It does appear to be wicking alright, but the last build I did got some burning flavor after only a few drags. Im really hoping all the issues will be resolved once its finally clean.

One thing I did notice is that the airflow feels inconsistent. Its hard to describe exactly. Its not quite gurgling, but almost. The adjustable airflow seems to have the option of being really really tight to somewhat tight. Definitely not "endless" airflow options because the holes are too small to offer an airy open draw.

These are my first impressions. Im pretty confident that I'll be able to get it working well enough. It definitely looks beautiful on the ELA. Ugh, that oil taste though.

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
In trying to clean out the air holes of all the machine oil I discovered that one of them is not drilled all the way through. I couldn't get air to pass through it and when I poke some kanthal wire into it, it stops much shorter than the others. Frustrating to say the least.

Send an email to David at supertmanufacturing@yahoo.com

I'm confident David will make good on your Industrious.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yep, it'll get sorted out. Just more waiting :,(

I got your message and sent you back and email to get you taken care of. Sounds like you have a mismachined part (I suppose it could be plugged, but it sounds like a drill broke, which usually you catch within one part as it won't drill any part after it breaks, but maybe it was on the last hole). With a blocked hole, it isn't going to vape well for you:(.

As far as the oil taste, be sure to clean the permanent wick too. You could boil the top cap and permanent wick. I wouldn't boil the bottom tank though, theres a press in delrin piece in there it may cause to come loose.

spek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Oregon
I got your message and sent you back and email to get you taken care of. Sounds like you have a mismachined part (I suppose it could be plugged, but it sounds like a drill broke, which usually you catch within one part as it won't drill any part after it breaks, but maybe it was on the last hole). With a blocked hole, it isn't going to vape well for you:(.

As far as the oil taste, be sure to clean the permanent wick too. You could boil the top cap and permanent wick. I wouldn't boil the bottom tank though, theres a press in delrin piece in there it may cause to come loose.

Thanks David. I suspect that plugged hole may also be the source of the machine oil taste, as I can't really run water through that tiny space. I'll send that out as soon as I can. I think I'll send my poor old p16 with it for a much needed cleanup :).

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
Nach, long time no see, hows it going?

Going well. Life has been getting in the way of my social well being. Just slammed at work in the recent months.

Truthfully, I'm at a loss for words after the news of SuperT withdrawing from the ecig industry. I'm still not sure what I'm going to do without that DNA module for the ELA!! Part of me wants to buy another Ti ELA just to get the tele WorkHorse. But I've spent so much money on mods that I cannot justify it any longer. In fact, I can't remember the last time I had used my mech mods. Regulated mods have swept me away from the mechs, but they'll be there ready and waiting for me whenever the time comes.

On another note... I was thinking of sending in a few mods for a refinish/overhaul, but not sure as to what your workload is like these days.

snufulufugus

Jun 23, 2014
United States
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Not allowed outside of the Classifieds section.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread