The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

IPV 35w and 50w box mods

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by ainako, Jun 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ainako

ainako Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2008
    Southern California
  2. AnsonJames

AnsonJames Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    Folks seem more interested in buying clones of expensive mods instead of decent original items.
    Someone posted photos on the Cana thread and a couple of people thought this looks 'cheap' - I personally think that this looks bloody fantastic.
    The specs are also top notch - chip made by YIHI who manufactures the SX350 - 50 watts on the IPV2 with a 20 amp limit.

[​IMG]

3. AnsonJames

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    Yep,

Shame it's not a clone - a lot of folks around here only seem to be interested in those.:facepalm:

4. garpt01

garpt01 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 6, 2014
    South Florida
    Looks to be a significantly better overall product then the cana clones and variants. Better chip by far from a very good manufacturer. Better attention to detail- the finished edge around the display and box edges, better design with the venting on the 510 connection. Appears to be worth the extra bucks for sure. And it's a fresh product, not a clone!

5. 4redstars

4redstars Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    Chicago
    Pre-ordered the 35 watt. Looks awesome and small

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. AnsonJames

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    Wait for it to be the 'in' thing and it'll be sold out everywhere.
    One (hopefully) good review from Twisted or Pbussardo and it'll be 'okay' to buy it.

7. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin Moved On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2010
    WA
  8. weinner

weinner Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    ohio :-(
    Oh yeah....

9. peterforpats

peterforpats Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i am in the pre-order for the ipv2-they have already dropped the ipv1. they also raised the price $5 to $100- it was $95. i look forward to seeing if all that power makes any difference to my style of vaping. ithink these are goin to be very popular, but i also think they are the tip of the iceberg in terms of what's coming- i think we are about to see an explosion of new high powered mods which is great for vapors. it should also help drive down or maintain the cost of dna30 mods- why would someone buy, say for example, a vaporshark dna30 for $170 when you can get a 50 watt for a lot less money? this assumes a good build quality(everything i have read and seen points to a well-made device).people can complain all they want about clones and the Chinese in general, but they are force for good when it comes to reasonably priced vaping. will let you know when i get the pre-order and have a chance to test drive it.....

10. peterforpats

peterforpats Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

not anymore- they dropped the 35 watt entirely- hope you got your money back...on their live chat they said they won't be getting the 35watt at all.....check the site....
    tip #5 kills me- this what you would do if you were trying to quit vaping...no vapor will help you stop quickly....

11. ainako

ainako Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2008
    Southern California
    I really want that 50w version, but I would set it at 4.2v at 0.7 ohms. Which puts me at 6amps and around 25w, how much battery life can I expect from that?

12. RSZ1

RSZ1 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2014
    Canada
  13. 4redstars

4redstars Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    Chicago
    I didn't preorder from allforyummy. I preordered from somewhere else.

14. weinner

weinner Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    ohio :-(
    I just don't like the enclosure very much, and the touch button wearing out to fast would be a concern for me personally.

15. Chelonian

Chelonian Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2014
    Upper East TN
    I just put my order in.

Heck, DNA30 clones are selling for close to this price. Makes me chuckle a little.

Anyways, if it breaks their will be little on it that I can't fix.

16. lumberjack

lumberjack Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2012
    TX, USA
    I think the SX-330 will be a solid performer based on my experience with the SX-220 and SX-350. It doesn't seem like the SX-330 has much in the way of buck circuitry, but that's OK - neither do the current DNA chips.

My only gripe is with the female silhouette they've etched into the aluminum case. I'd prefer a version without that, but I'll probably buy one anyway. :)

yihi.jpg

Miss Yihiecigar 2014

17. Dynamos

Dynamos Full Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Bat Yam, Israel
  18. Steakjuice

Steakjuice Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
    I frigging love it, personally. I can see myself ordering one.

19. AnsonJames

Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    I have a good feeling about this device, would have liked a little more 'buck' but if this is anything like my SX350 then it will be top notch.
    Price is good too.

20. Chelonian

Chelonian Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2014
    Upper East TN
    I have a suspicion that a better buck circuit wouldve required capacitors that wouldve been outside the form factor for this application.
    Cant be bothered to do the math tonight, but if anyone else wants to step in.

I wish the buck circuit was pinned to accept an external i/o circuit. You could make a better buck circuit and use it in a kick crown

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.