IPV4 preorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

wooglins

Feb 18, 2015
Nashville
I placed my order April 4th for the black and was charged on the 10th. I've received nothing like that.

Doesn't make sense why pre order is still open and they are telling some this.

Was yours silver or black? So far I have only seen responses from folks that ordered black. The black body has not predictable date of release, could be that they dont want to hold onto the money (which is doing the right thing in my opinion).

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Hey guys,

I've had mine about 5 hours. I've made an unboxing video with first views / thoughts. It's uploading to Youtube now. I'll link it as soon as it's available (my first ever video, so it's not going to be a pbusardo masterpiece.. but hopefully gives you an idea!)

Quick question for @Petabread and @foliagegreen and anyone else who has one - have you been able to:
  • Lock it?
  • Adjust the wattage without changing one of the memories (M1 -> M5)?

Both features are mentioned in the manual, but neither work for me.

PS. My first impressions? Not all the impressed actually. The UI is horrible, and there's lots of quirks and annoyances. Of course it works as advertised, and TC works fine. But I'm getting the impression that for day to day operation it's going to be pretty annoying to use. More on that when the video is available!

MikeB2Shady

Jan 29, 2015
NyC
Hey guys,

I've had mine about 5 hours. I've made an unboxing video with first views / thoughts. It's uploading to Youtube now. I'll link it as soon as it's available (my first ever video, so it's not going to be a pbusardo masterpiece.. but hopefully gives you an idea!)

Quick question for @Petabread and @foliagegreen and anyone else who has one - have you been able to:
  • Lock it?
  • Adjust the wattage without changing one of the memories (M1 -> M5)?

Both features are mentioned in the manual, but neither work for me.

PS. My first impressions? Not all the impressed actually. The UI is horrible, and there's lots of quirks and annoyances. Of course it works as advertised, and TC works fine. But I'm getting the impression that for day to day operation it's going to be pretty annoying to use. More on that when the video is available!

With the wattage change....Do you mean like just adjusting it up and down? You have to press the down/- first before you can go up in wattage from screen off.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Nice @TheBloke, looking forward to seeing the unboxing.

Regarding changing the wattage, that is how p4y (well yihi really) has been doing it recently, ipv3, ipv2S/X, ipv mini / II are all that way too. I got used to it pretty quickly, its not so bad after a couple days.

Heh, you would probably hate the SX mini m class, it has the added bonus of also having multiple firing modes, so when you hit the down button first it cycles through those. On p4y mods you can at least just hit down, then adjust from there.

Reactions: TheBloke

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
With the wattage change....Do you mean like just adjusting it up and down? You have to press the down/- first before you can go up in wattage from screen off.

Yeah but then that adjusts one of the memories (whichever you're currently in.) I meant a way to change to a new wattage while keeping M1->M5 at their existing settings. The manual indicates that you should be able to do so, but then it appears you can't.

Nice @TheBloke, looking forward to seeing the unboxing.

Regarding changing the wattage, that is how p4y (well yihi really) has been doing it recently, ipv3, ipv2S/X, ipv mini / II are all that way too. I got used to it pretty quickly, its not so bad after a couple days.

Heh, you would probably hate the SX mini m class, it has the added bonus of also having multiple firing modes, so when you hit the down button first it cycles through those. On p4y mods you can at least just hit down, then adjust from there.

Yeah! I talk about the SX Mini J/M a bit in my video, especially about how dumb that gravity sensor is :) I'm really not a fan of Yihi, I think!

I wasn't really expecting the ability to change the wattage outside of memories, or if it was there I thought it'd be in the menu, like on the SX Mini, which is still bad. But the manual seems to indicate it does exist, which confused me.

Or it could just be a Chinese->English translation situation, that I'm misunderstanding what it means by "change wattage" and it's just talking about the memory mode changing - though given the second section of the manual then says how to change the memory settings, I still don't quite understand that.

With the lock, I think that must be a bug/mistake, because the manual tells you to hold + and - for five seconds to lock. But then doing so does Set Resistance. So I reckon +/- for 5 used to Lock, then they added the upgrade firmware for TC, and that overwrote the ability to lock it :)

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Doesn't the manual also state it comes with a charging cable, and the input voltage to be 3.2-4.5V? Heh, just sayin. ;)

--edit--
Regarding locking it, I'm guessing that part of the manual never got updated after the TC implementation.

Try 3 clicks of fire to lock, just curious if that works. That is how it is done on the SX mini, I know different boards and all, but maybe?

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Good thought but sadly not. It's five clicks for menu, three does nothing except sometimes light the screen.

Yea, I haven't personally figured out how to lock it. To be fair, I didn't know how to lock it on the ipv3 either, as I usually just shut it off when I wasn't vaping on it lol. Wish I could help ya there.

If I can just suggest one thing, and it's totally up to you, maybe in your video, if you haven't already, maybe you can mention where you bought it from. I personally was very pleased with VaporizerChief for giving me one of the early shipments. The early limited shipments weren't really intended for the normal user like us (from what 2 vendors told me, and what seems logical.) They were apparently intended to be sent out to the big name reviewers to get the buzz moving on it by showing it off. It's really nice of these vendors to be thinking about their patient customers and placing them first. I gotta respect companies that consider their customers as first priority! :D

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
Yes, and that you need to upgrade it to get TC :)
They are shipped with TC installed. A few people didn't think theirs had it until they figured out the function menus and now it works for them. I believe that they just didn't want to reprint manuals they already had.

HD

Reactions: Petabread
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread