IPV4 preorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I just started vaping again after taking a couple of years off. Anyway, I just picked up the IPV 4 - I have a newb question about the temp control---do you need nickle wire for it to work in this mode?

Absolutely, yes. Ni200 wire. Kanthal won't work in Temp Control mode.

You can buy a spool of Ni200 and make your own coils, or you can buy pre-made Ni200 coils for tanks like the SubTank (Plus, Mini, Nano), Atlantis, Smok VCT/GCT, and I'm sure more.

And that Ni200 wire should then only be used in Temp Control mode, it doesn't work at all well for normal Power mode.

PS. Full disclosure: actually there's one other kind of wire that you can use for TC, Titanium. But that requires research and investigation and is not yet used by many people. Ni200 is the wire 99.9% of people use.

wooglins

Feb 18, 2015
Nashville
Ok mine has landed. It works great. Built a .05 ohm dual setup on my mutation v3 (first nickel build, got it on first try :) ) and this thing works great. Running it at 40 joules 319 degrees F. and it vapes beautifully. Wont burn dry, just gets weak as the juice runs out. More important is the flavor and warmth, which is perfect. Very consistant compared to a traditional mod. If you want to get into the temp control game for under 100 bucks this is the way to go. I have tried a DNA40 and sx mini both in temp mode at the store, and this seems to work as well, if not better. It is not nearly at beatifully built as a SX Mini, but it costs far less and the build quality is good. I would put it on par with other mods in this price range, but with temp control working well.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Works well in power mode also. Much more power than istik 50. Running at same wattage between istik and IPv4 is not comparable. Should not be any different but it seems to be.

That's interesting because Busardo recorded the iStick on his scope and found it to be superbly accurate.

I have two thoughts:
  1. I've just been reading that, contrary to everything I previously realised, the iStick 50W is in fact a piece of crap - or can be. Mods self combusting, the auto-fire issue (that I'd heard of but thought was isolated; it's not), and low power/weak battery issues.
    1. So it might be the last of those on your iStick
  2. I've found my iStick to be fairly inaccurate with ohms.
    1. Eg. my M80 and my VF clone will read, let's say, 0.51, but the iStick is reading 0.7; ie. more of a difference than can be explained by rounding issues with only one decimal place.
    2. So maybe your iStick has the ohms too low, and so is sending a lesser voltage.
    3. Have you compared the voltage readings at the given watts setting? Or tried putting the iStick into Voltage mode and firing the same volts that your IPV4 says it's sending?

I haven't used my iStick 50 much in the last few days. And now I've just learnt that I almost certainly have the "pre March" batch that has an incorrect charging component (meant for the iStick 20/30Ws) and that can lead to fires, I'm wondering if I even should! But anyway, I've not compared the fire power of that to the IPV4 or indeed to my other mods, of late. I will do sometime soon.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Anyone get any indication of when the black ipv4's are shipping? Pre-ordered through VapeNW the beginning of last month, hoping it turns out to be a black body with black battery cover.

-Treeburner

Since I've gotten no reply here I emailed VapeNW to ask if they have any estimated ship date for the black ipv4 - when I get a response I'll be sure to share it here!

-Treeburner

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
Since I've gotten no reply here I emailed VapeNW to ask if they have any estimated ship date for the black ipv4 - when I get a response I'll be sure to share it here!

-Treeburner
It is supposed to be the first week of May. Last I heard the black hasn't been finalized. I have seen conflicting reports that the black will have a silver door with the mirror finish for the screen.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I wouldn't be surprised if the black was on hold until they manage to get the silver production backlog under control.

I would think that would be unwise - if I have to wait much longer I am going to cancel my order, and in that case I won't be buying a P4Y product again, and I'm sure I'm not the only one getting frustrated with all the delays and lack of info.

-Treeburner

DonnyX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
Spotswood, New Jersey, United States
This is what VapeNW sent to me when I asked if it was still a pre-order and when it would ship.
It is a pre-order so it may be a week or so until it comes n to send out.

Sincerely Ian,
VapeNW Management

I can be reached by phone
949-445-3353

Mon-Fri
8am-5pm
Sat 10am-3pm

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

wooglins

Feb 18, 2015
Nashville
This is what VapeNW sent to me when I asked if it was still a pre-order and when it would ship.
It is a pre-order so it may be a week or so until it comes n to send out.

Sincerely Ian,
VapeNW Management

I can be reached by phone
949-445-3353

Mon-Fri
8am-5pm
Sat 10am-3pm

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

I am somewhat unsure why some of the vendors like VapeNW are getting shafted. Mine came from a vendor in CA that had a large number of units arrive. I ordered on Thursday and it arrived at my door on Saturday. If anyone wants to check to see if the vendor I got mine from still has any here is the site:

IPV 4 Box Mod pioneer4you 100 watt

My experience with ECigEmpire was perfect. Ordered Thursday evening, and received USPS tracking information just 5 minutes later. 2 day priority shipping was free as well making it an excellent deal.

MikeB2Shady

Jan 29, 2015
NyC
Guys, Origin Vape has a bunch in stock. I always order from this guy or pick up since he's in uptown Manhattan. All my orders show up in 3 days free USPS but he does have overnight if you want to pay. I was going to post this last night but the site was down.

Here you go IPV4 Mod by Pioneer4You, the newest temp control mod

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
I am somewhat unsure why some of the vendors like VapeNW are getting shafted. Mine came from a vendor in CA that had a large number of units arrive. I ordered on Thursday and it arrived at my door on Saturday. If anyone wants to check to see if the vendor I got mine from still has any here is the site:

IPV 4 Box Mod pioneer4you 100 watt

My experience with ECigEmpire was perfect. Ordered Thursday evening, and received USPS tracking information just 5 minutes later. 2 day priority shipping was free as well making it an excellent deal.

Well it's my fault...see I went back and forth with who to preorder from. Always had good results with the USPS out of Washington State. so I chose VapeNW. And of course, of the four sites I almost preordered from, VapeNW was the only one that is still waiting on their units to come in.:grr::censored::cry:

Reactions: wooglins
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread