Status
Not open for further replies.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
well i do believe my ipv4 just crapped-out, sitting here and all of a sudden i smell a real strong electrical smell and sniffed it down to the ipv4, it was hot so i pulled the batts...it's got a burnt electrical smell to it.....had not touched it for several hours......i knew it was bad from the get-go because of the drainage issue......well this is my first bad experience with a regulated device....guess i'll shoot the vendor another e-mail.....less than a month old. :evil:

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
well i do believe my IPV4 just crapped-out, sitting here and all of a sudden i smell a real strong electrical smell and sniffed it down to the ipv4, it was hot so i pulled the batts...it's got a burnt electrical smell to it.....had not touched it for several hours......i knew it was bad from the get-go because of the drainage issue......well this is my first bad experience with a regulated device....guess i'll shoot the vendor another e-mail.....less than a month old. :evil:
Sorry to hear that, sando.

HD

Reactions: sando7

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
thanks HDM, i just hope Vape Royalty does me rite; they seem like good folks...if not i guess i'll just chuck-it up to a loss and move on.....out of all the devices i own that work perfectly it was bound to happen sooner or later....it really is a bummer cause i really like this device, yet thankfully i have 4 more TP devices to use.....

guess i ought to be gratefull i was not sleeping when this happened!
also prob gotta toss 2 new VTC4's.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
thanks HDM, i just hope Vape Royalty does me rite; they seem like good folks...if not i guess i'll just chuck-it up to a loss and move on.....out of all the devices i own that work perfectly it was bound to happen sooner or later....it really is a bummer cause i really like this device, yet thankfully i have 4 more TP devices to use.....

guess i ought to be gratefull i was not sleeping when this happened!
also prob gotta toss 2 new VTC4's.
Vape Royalty is really good. You should have no problems with them. I have never had any issues with them. Sorry it sounds like you got a bad one.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
you know what they say, it happens & i guess it was my turn.
i just sent them an e-mail, hope they hollar back tomorrow, they were aware of my draining issue.....

well it looks like the exact same thing happened to me as the dude in the video here on pg#42 post 833; he just had not reached my point yet.....so it's just not me.

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
On another note, I want to give kudos to Ashley at Wake and Vape, where I got my IPV4. I was having a button issue and she replied to my emails promptly. We came to an agreeable resolution and they are taking care of me. This was my first purchase from them, and because of the great customer service, I will definitely do business with them again.

HD

Reactions: dems86

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
On another note, I want to give kudos to Ashley at Wake and Vape, where I got my IPV4. I was having a button issue and she replied to my emails promptly. We came to an agreeable resolution and they are taking care of me. This was my first purchase from them, and because of the great customer service, I will definitely do business with them again.

HD
Yeah, great first time buying experience with Ashley and Wake and Vape here too :)

The WGU Club Co-Founder

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
Since getting mine last Friday, and checking the batteries when I pull them to charge, they have always been at the same voltage or within a .01 of each other. Sorry to say, sando, yours must have had an issue from the get go.

HD

this^^^^^^^^^ is very true, yet when i first got it it was not that bad of a drainage issue, it did get worse over-time (a week or so)......when that guy posted that video of his getting hot mine was not there yet and continued to give a great vape and now a week later i experience a death in the family......all i know is my device ist kaput!

i'm done, VR will either fix me up or not, i'm not gonna sweat-it..:vapor:

Reactions: Petabread

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
I'm having a 510 connector issue with mine. Calling it "wonky" is putting it mildly. It was always a little rough. but now it's like all atty 510's and the ipv4's connector are different sizes. I just shot Element Vape an email, so we shall see. Once you get it on straight, it works like a champ.
But, it's gotta be just a matter of time before it goes belly up.

IML8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2014
Oklahoma
I hope they get it squared away for you, sando. I'll definitely be monitoring mine very closely for the next couple of weeks. Only issue I've had, so far, is if I remove the tank (to refill it, for instance) without shutting down the device, it misreads the ohms when I put it back on and It doesn't correctly read when I simply try to reset the resistance. If I turn the system off before removing the tank then reboot it after I put it back on, it remembers all the settings and works fine. More of a curiosity than a real problem though. Still, if it's common to the chip, it needs to be addressed in a system update IMHO.

sando7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Louisville, KY (PRP)
i'm really not that surprised at some issues arising with this device, first run it's bound to happen to some folks, i just hope they "P4U" addresses whatever issues arise and corrects them before someone might have something worse happen.
like i said earlier if i were sleeping when this happened & didn't pull the batts in time i could have woke up to a fire (worst case scenario)....i consider myself lucky....i'm not raising a stink or trying to scare anybody but be aware.
i love this device and i want a replacement if possible.....yet thinking twice about pre-orders from now-on.....it's 12:34 pm here now and haven't herd from VR yet today, i know their 3 hours earlier so they are prob still having coffee. :vapor:
....peace and you guy's stay safe.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread