Is it just me, or is Everyone here APV happy?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over_Stimulation

Moved On
Mar 10, 2013
Initially when I got my 510 regular starter kit.. i thought i was content and happy..

didn't take very long for me to get the ZMAX, and already picked out the provari i want next

also said I would stay away from dripping/ rba's as well.. (already bought my dripping kit yesterday and watched videos on rba's all day just to get prepared)

maybe this is just my addictive personality? either way what I currently have is never good enough, i always need more :)
sigh....yeah, I'm afraid I'll be u in a few weeks...nice avatar btw, need to bring the show back

DuffyA2Z

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I keep an ego and vivi nova as a back up to my back up. I equate my overspending on vape gear/supplies to my wife's shoe shopping habit. :D

Break even point ...meh my health has improved dramatically. I can even breath in the winter without coughing! I'm ahead of the curve and this stuff is cool as *^&%!!!!!! ;)

Over_Stimulation

Moved On
Mar 10, 2013
I keep an ego and vivi nova as a back up to my back up. I equate my overspending on Vape gear/supplies to my wife's shoe shopping habit. :D

Break even point ...meh my health has improved dramatically. I can even breath in the winter without coughing! I'm ahead of the curve and this stuff is cool as *^&%!!!!!! ;)

I hear ya bro, since starting this thread 15 min ago, y'all got me researching the Vamo, only cuz now I'm curious of the VW

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
sigh....yeah, I'm afraid I'll be u in a few weeks...nice avatar btw, need to bring the show back

either way with all the $ i've spent, i don't feel guilty at all.. every time i spent 10$ on a pack i would mentally slap myself each time.. but still kept buying them. With vaping it just feels great to have a hobby besides smelling like an ashtray.

and I'm surprised anyone knew who my avatar was! someone already thought it was Dimitri Martin the comedian? lol

still depressed from that show being cancelled..
"BANG. DONE."

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
Really?!?!? am I gonna be you in 2 years...can't any of u just be happy with ur spinners and twists?

No No I can't be happy with a spinner or twist. I tried them both after having standard ego style batteries. And well they were to inconsistent for me. I moved on to a Vamo which was great but felt cheap. Got my ProVari with the tax refund and I couldn't be happier. It's well constructed and feels solid. I still use my Vamo now and then but PIF's my older ego style batteries out. One of these days I may pif my Vamo but that's not gonna happen any time soon.

Everyone is different and not everyone will be happy with the same thing. I mean think about all the different brands of cigarettes out there. You can't satisfy an entire population with one option.

Saying something like you did here is like saying "can't you all be happy with one flavor juice?" It just doesn't work.

peacepipe

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
chicago
Most mods look absolutely insane in public. I believe they turn more people off to vaping than a cig-a-like or cigar-a-like, especially women.

We need better small mods. Period. But America doesn't manufacture microelectronics like the Chinese.

I'm very disappointed that nobody makes a good 14500 sized mod. That's why egos and spinners are so popular still, that size never got a quality mod. The box mods are cheap and the reo mini loses too much voltage in the body because its a mechanical mod. I think totally wicked was close with the odyssey and Altsmoke with the BB and Alpha. There's more, but not many. That size is terribly overlooked.

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I have a Joye ego c upgrade arsenal across all colors, sizes, passthroughs and non, as well as a vamo and five vv mini usbs. I find myself reaching for the ego passthroughs while the rest stay in a box. I haven't gotten a Twist for a few reasons... 1) I like the 50% warning on my battery which is a feature it doesn't have and charging then saves battery life and 2) most of my favorite juices don't require volts above 3.7/4.2. I have the minis for quickly testing new ones up to 4.9 volts to see if they're better at higher volts... so far not and 3) I don't like a high volt vape basically. I would absolutely have to fall in love with a juice to vape it at 5 volts or above but if I ever do, I'll use the Vamo then... but seriously doubt I would stick with it. I really don't think it very prudent of vendors to sell juices that require really high voltages and most don't.... so, round robin, I really don't see much reason for high VVs. The only time I use the ego non-passthroughs is out and about but do enjoy their shorter size then. So, yeh, even if you start and stay with a standard upgraded ego, you're at least going to want different sizes and colors eventually. You just can't avoid the hobby part at least a bit.

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I use everything I thing but the unregulated egos. Even the eroll is regulated, stays voltage requirement until flashes finished if that's regulated anyway. Mechanical, mechanical with kick, Reo , bottom feeder with or without kick and The Can for most anything unkickable to kick it. I also have a battery free 5 volt Passthrough 808d and a variety of 808 cartos including a dripping atty. I patiently wait for the Provari of variable watt. The variety and number of batteries makes a chain vaping session less frustrating and more tastey

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
Both of my brothers and a co-worker have been happy with their Spinners since they started 6 months ago. They started with a standard eGo and then went Spinner for the VV after getting used to vaping. I used my Twists until I could justify a ProVari and now my Twists are riding the bench on standby status. I love my Twists and will always have one around for backup. I say if it works for you then it is perfect. No need to move up if you like what you have.

charmschool

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2013
North Georgia
I reckon that's a valid point, but I'm hoping I can get a year or so outta mine, taking good care of them obviously

Yahbut, watcha gonna get then, lol? You may stay happy with your current set up, or you may not. We're not one size fits all.

Just keep in mind that most of us smokers suffer from an addictive personality to begin with, and most people who are happy with what they have don't view it as a hobby, and don't post here.

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
I was very happy with my eGo's for about a year. I even remember at one point saying to a friend, "I'll probly never get a big mod, these are just great!" But then 1 by 1 the eGo's started breaking on me and I got tired of running out to the local shop to spend yet another $20 on something that would probly fail on me when I needed it most (just my experience at the time). So Vapercon came to town and I picked up a bolt and a kick and been a big mod vaper ever since.

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
Over the past four years, I have purchased and used just about every ecig device that was marketed. Late last year, I finally settled down and happily enjoy my days with my Provari Mini at home, but take my Twists when I leave the house. I only use tanks on the Provari and CE4s on the Twist.

Bottom line here is that we are ALL just trying to get nicotine in our bloodstream. If the device you have is doing that for you, then stick with it. I agree that this can become a fun hobby, but if you are desperately seeking a new device to keep you off cigarettes, then you probably need to increase your nic mgs in your juice. All devices will deliver equally.

Proudly celebrating ONE YEAR FREE from analogs this month, and I could not have done that without the help of ecigs.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
Really?!?!? am I gonna be you in 2 years...can't any of u just be happy with ur spinners and twists?

Well, in retrospect, one of my 2 twists died yesterday, after 2 months. So, happy I had already purchased better stuff. I have 3 pv's total now, which I do not feel is excessive. But that is me. And for many, this becomes a hobby.

However, if you are happy with twists or spinners, than that's cool too. There are no rules about what one has to purchase. The point here is to not smoke.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
You just gotta have your spinners and your twists. Can't you just be happy without variable voltage.

Were You "happy" with just your Pal Mals, or your Kools? Probably so, they did what you wanted, until you either no longer wanted them or had to get rid of them. Of course, we didn't have much of a "real" selection either for the longest time. Then we got teased by flavors for a while, until it became illegal to have flavored cigarettes.

Now, you're in a different world. Now, you can customize your intake, and how the device(s) you use looks, as well as performs, to Your hearts desire. Some will be happy with a simple eGo battery and a clearo. Some need something they can hold on to and swish around like a light sabre. But, in the end, it's your choice!

So, does it matter if it's a simple Blu, Krave or Green Smoke, or eGo VV or a Provari? Not at all!

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
I'm very APV happy :D

I've tried a LOT of different ecigs and APV's since I started. Some I bought, some friends here in ECF let me borrow, and others were tried out at vape meets and at my local vapestore :) Each one has their own personality. Some I liked better then others, but they all did their job. Out of all of them I've tried the Nintendo Joy Stick APV has to be the most unique :D

I've started a new chapter in my vaping journey and I'm very content with what I own and plan to vape for a very long time with the toys I have. Trying new stuff is fun and I'm sure I'll still have chances to test out new stuff but nothing in the vaping world screams you have to buy me any longer. :)

ShaneBlack

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
USA
Were You "happy" with just your Pal Mals, or your Kools? Probably so, they did what you wanted, until you either no longer wanted them or had to get rid of them. Of course, we didn't have much of a "real" selection either for the longest time. Then we got teased by flavors for a while, until it became illegal to have flavored cigarettes.

Now, you're in a different world. Now, you can customize your intake, and how the device(s) you use looks, as well as performs, to Your hearts desire. Some will be happy with a simple eGo battery and a clearo. Some need something they can hold on to and swish around like a light sabre. But, in the end, it's your choice!

So, does it matter if it's a simple Blu, Krave or Green Smoke, or eGo VV or a Provari? Not at all!

I'm a long time user of Pall Malls, I did like the flavor of them but not the bad cig taste. So now I buy Pall Mall liquid and use it with my Joyetech 510-T. Works great, I even play around with mixing flavors too and it fun to come up with a new flavor. Like coffee and chocolate creates mocha. I also have a USB passthrough to save my batteries. I'm happy with my setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread