is one drag off of an e-cig equivilent to one drag off of a normal cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
I don't know that the disposables will work all that well for your brother no matter who makes them. I have those same batteries from Volcano and I can tell you it will not be equivalent to 2 packs of cigarettes unless they gave you 40 cartos to go with it and somehow I don't think that's likely! :D
Don't get me wrong Volcano makes a nice product in it's Magma line which I own but having to charge the batteries every hour or less is a pain in the ....
I would have bought an eGo T as a starter pv/ecig personally simply because it will give your brother more vapor and you won't have to constantly recharge the batteries like those of a 510 which looks like a cigarette.
I don't know where your brother heard that terrible misinformation but I hope you or he will continue to come here and ask for advice/help if you have any other questions.
Feel free to send me a pm if you need any kind of help at all. :)
I would recommend trying this starter kit for better results
http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/store/...k-system/617-the-joye-ego-black-tank-kit.html
C.B.
:evil:

Last edited:

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
No - that "one drag per hour" idiocy is just a BS way to weasel their way into claiming their cartridge = 1 pack of cigs or 1.5 packs or lasts all day

As for whether one drag of an ecig = 1 drag of a normal cig - in what way? Psychologically sure, if you have the right ecig for you and a juice flavor/aroma/TH that hits the spot for you.

Last edited:

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
There are arguments about the percent nic uptake when vaping compared to smoking, and also vaping doesn't contain faster-acting freebase nicotine so the effect is slower imo. Also, pv do not have carbon monoxide, a big part of the "rush" if you drag hard on a cig.

Critter Man

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Minnesota
You can overdose on nicotine. The good news is that you'll get really bad side effects long before you put yourself at any long or short-term risk. Look up the side effects nicotine can have. If you get any of them, you are overdosing (which just means you're getting more than you need and experiencing negative side effects as a result). You just adjust your vaping so that you don't get bad cravings or bad side effects. If you find you want to vape more but can't due to side effects, purchase eliquid with a lower nicotine level.

Welcome to the forums, crippled! To your health :toast:

A regular cig is between 10-15 puffs on average and depending on the cig, and your inhales.
I get about 200 drags on a filled 808D-1 carto (that i fill). Some are getting far less on a pre-filled. It equals nearly a pack of cigs for me.
Now wether the nicotine is the same is under debate and it goes both ways depending on what you read.
I use a simple formula. my cigs ran .7mg of nic, per cig X 20 cigs per pack = 14mg carto's. I use between 16-18mg carto's.
There will be many to dispute this (in both directions).

Pig

atom48

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Colorado
By that logic I've been dead for over 9 months or so.
This is incorrect. You can smoke them any way you want to. If you want to smoke them like a cigarette, then smoke them like a cigarette.

LOL. I agree. When I smoked, I would smoke a cig about every 30 minutes to 1 hour...or a couple, if it had been 2 hours. I also always went outside to smoke.

Now, I vape indoors and my PV is virtually glued to my hand.

It's up to you, your eliquid nic level, and your own tolerance as to how and how often you vape.

Stevew443

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2010
Shenandoah Junction, WV
www.bnyeshiva.com
I tend to think that the two methods of getting nicotine are so different that they cannot really be compared. Nobody seems to ask how many cigarettes a nicotine patch equals. So, for my purposes, one drag on an e-cig equals one drag on an e-cig and nothing more or less. It is almost like asking how many oranges equals one apple. Both have fiber, water, sugars, but they are totally different forms of delivering that water, fiber and sugar.
Then again, maybe I am so tired tonight that I am just in a contrary mood. Take what I have to say with several grains of salt. :?:

Critter Man

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Minnesota
I tend to think that the two methods of getting nicotine are so different that they cannot really be compared. Nobody seems to ask how many cigarettes a nicotine patch equals. So, for my purposes, one drag on an e-cig equals one drag on an e-cig and nothing more or less. It is almost like asking how many oranges equals one apple. Both have fiber, water, sugars, but they are totally different forms of delivering that water, fiber and sugar.
Then again, maybe I am so tired tonight that I am just in a contrary mood. Take what I have to say with several grains of salt. :?:

Very well put. I think all noobs should understand that.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You cannot really compare. However, with a decent e-cigarette strong enough for your needs, and the right nicotine level eliquid for you, you can vape a number of drags per day similar to the number of drags you took from cigarettes per day and be satisfied. But the drags may be distributed differently, for example vaping more often than you smoked but for fewer drags each time. Satisfaction also involves finding eliquids with flavor/TH/aroma you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread