The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.
  1. Hi Guest! 

Seasons Greetings. Just to let you know that a new giveaway has just started. 

This one's from our friends at Humble Vape Co. and I hope you'll take part for a chance to be one of the ten winners of their great prizes. 

ecfhumble

See our giveaway page for full details. This one's for US residents only. 

Good luck! 

Oliver

Dismiss Notice

Is the BF Odin still the best?!?!

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by rc10mike, Feb 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. pennysmalls

pennysmalls Squonkmeister Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    Thanks for your input Papa L. If the Pancake is rated as good, not necessarily as a must have, in the 22mm class I'm interested and I'm reading lots of posts stating it's a good atty. I usually wait to buy an attie so I can see what the feedback is. I prefer to buy atties that I think I'll probably end up keeping. I have yet to sell any of my 22mm atties.

I took a risk with the Narda though. The thing with the Narda that interested me so and had me jumping on chowders list was the air holes and how they enter the chamber. It seemed to me that those air holes would get more concentrated air directly from the coil versus the entire inner chamber. This is in comparison to the atties I already have. So far with my centered single coil build I'm liking it a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yeah, I believe you and I were both on the "fortunate 20" narda list. I took a chance, too, largely because a mate of mine had one and really, really liked it. Sure glad I jumped when I did.

I've got a pretty aggressive single coil (tiger wire) in it and it really sings.

The 'cake delivers a very solid vape and I haven't had any leaking so far. You'd prolly be very happy with it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ElConquistador

ElConquistador Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2013
    Oklahoma
    I never fell in love with my Odin. The size hampered my ability to lift the door and let it fall with that nice "click" sound. I'm in love, however, with my Chalice III.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rule62

Rule62 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    One of several reasons why I don't like 22mm attys on Reo Grands. Can't click the door up and down.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    Clicking doors was not a habit that I picked up. I just don't like big atty's for various other reasons. Saw enough of them in the tube mod days, especially some of the 22mm/23mm tank/genesis/hybrid top gear I used that were bulky, heavy, tall and unsightly. IE, the hybrid GP Heron that is an awesome topper in use IMO, eliminates the 510 issues with the far better G Pin system and worked way better than the RTA tanks for me. But it's also big and heavy even on the tube mods they were made for. So what does this have to do with Reos? Well, I have the 510 adapters made for them to use 2 of my Heron's on Reos if I really wanted to. Wouldn't need to squonk, the tank fluff holds plenty of joose for all day. Nah!!! Would be ugly as sin tall on a Reo (same as the 2 Aeornaut's I have). ;)

[​IMG]
    4 Herons, 1 SnP w/Sophia RTA, 2 Senio RDA's on GP PAPS.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Rule62

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    Nice looking tubes. I haven't used any of my tube mods since becoming a Reo fanatic; and I have some nice mechanical tubes. They just sit there in the rack. I should get a couple of them out, and fool around with them, for old time's sake. I was a die hard mesh genisis user, before getting into RDAs, and then Reos. Gennys are a great vape.
    I've never gotten into the current rage of RTAs. Mrs Rule uses them, and loves them.

7. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    That's a stellar collection of GP P's, right there. Can only imagine what it would have cost :shock:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Rule62

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I hate to think about what I've spent on tube mods, just sitting there unused. But I can't bear to get rid of any of them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    I spent just shy of $4500 on GP gear & spare parts in 2.5 months Papa. A month later I bought my first Reo and never looked back. But then all I would ever need was two Reos with one for backup... right? Have over double that into the Reos, bf atty's, etc.....
    ... so far. ;)

• Like Like x 6
  10. donnah

donnah Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've tried a few different attys, the odin looked too big (I'm more into flavor than vapor) to interest me. I keep coming back to my RM2s.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Andy Thatcher

Andy Thatcher Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 22, 2012
    Brit in Orlando
    [​IMG]

Things are forever moving. I have been using the Pancake on my E8 for a while now and probably will stick with it for a while as I really can't find anything wrong with it.

Oh really good with mesh !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  12. jwat82

jwat82 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    The Land of Lincoln
    Can you post a mesh pic build pretty please?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

13. Rule62

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    Nice looking rig, Andy. Long time, no see.

14. Andy Thatcher

Jan 22, 2012
    Brit in Orlando
    Sure.....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. jwat82

jwat82 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    The Land of Lincoln
    Rad. Thanks! What wattage are you running that at?

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

16. Andy Thatcher

Jan 22, 2012
    Brit in Orlando
    On a Dna40 have run it up to 35 watts but not really my thing so normally somewhere between 18 and 24 depending on liquid.

• Like Like x 1
  17. John Jt Munn

John Jt Munn Full Member

Feb 24, 2015
    Cloudcroft, NM
    No if I had to pick what the best bf Atty is it would have to be the snapdragon or origen little for flavor if your looking for clouds I can't help you

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

18. Andy Thatcher

Jan 22, 2012
    Brit in Orlando
    Haven't picked up either, odd given how much I love Eden Mods and Norberts gear. Have too many attys anyways lol

19. Fulgurant

Fulgurant Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2013
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    The origen is awesome, no doubt; glad I picked one up and will be ordering another soon -- but if I'm forced to be objective, it's not ~$60 (2-3 times) better than the various atties on Rob's website. Compared to the Origen, my RM3s are vastly inferior in terms of build quality, ease of coiling, and flexibility, but if I had to vape an RM3 for the rest of my life, I'd happily do it.

Once you have a good bottom feeder, you quickly reach the point of diminished returns on new gear. Buy the newest craze because you have the money to spend and you wanna mess with something different (and/or because you want backups), not because you're chasin a better vape. Chances are that the best you're gonna get is a gilded lily.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Rule62

Oct 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Florida
    I like the 'gilded lily' reference. I have several bottom feeders. But I can get as good a vape from my lowly RM4s, as I can from attys that are 2x or 3x the price.

• Like Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.