Is the IKV DBOX PuriTank better than the Protank ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuffTime

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
United States
I'm actually using one right now. When I get back to my pc ill type up something more substantial.

So, back to the PC! In short, I like it. Whether or not you like it will depend on why you don't like the protank. if you don't like the airy draw, use EVOD coils, it tightens it right up. If you don't like the look, the IKV fixes it. I think it looks great, especially with the included drip tip. It is a little long, and if you're using an 18350 size mod or an ego battery it will look a little off, just like it would on an eGO type battery. But it looks great on 18650 size mods. My wife and I use them on Provaris, my brother and sister use them on the VAMO. No air flow problems due to cut channels in the bottom cap, so you can flush mount to your hearts content. The glass seems nice and solid, and has survived all my inadvertent drop tests(wood, linoleum, tile).

In closing, if the protank performance is bothering you in a way that EVOD coils won't fix, don't buy. If the EVOD coils will fix it, but you're not a fan of the protank look, the IKV is the way to go. Highly recommend, and I actually have 2 more on order since I like them so much.

Happy vaping!

Last edited:

DuffTime

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
United States

AND

Attached are pictures of a Puritank on my Provari mini with 2 Tatroe Rings(18650 size Provari) and just the standard mini size. So, as I said earlier, it's damn near as long as my Provari mini, leaving it a little strangely unbalanced, but not in an uncomfortable way. It looks balanced and feels great on the 18650 size. Hope that gives a good picture!

I don't have an exact measurement - but it seems I can get about 4ml in the tank. Maybe a little bit less, because it took 3 full fill-ups of the 11ml sample I got from Good Life Vapor, and used every drop. Maybe 3.75ml? Coundn't tell ya. It lasts a long time, I can tell you that.

Feel free to ask more questions - I'll poke back in after work.

Last edited:

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Again Dufftime, great information and thank you for the pictures. A video review would be great. A comparison between the Protank and the PuriTank would be much appreciated in the video. I think many people such as my self are not satisfied with the adjustments that need to take place on the protank to make it usable. I look forward to your video review.

Thanks again.

VapRLady

ECF Veteran
I just got my PuriTanks, right off the bat they have two air holes in the 510 stem instead of the 4 on the Protank, took a peek at the coil, it is slightly different in design from the eVod. Coil reads 2.2ohms.

I find the draw practically the same as the Protank on my Vamo, perhaps a bight tighter. The vapor and flavor is good, detractions are the plastic drip tip, (But EVERYBODY has a box of nice drips tips they couldn't use on their Protank before), and the evod type atty is one of the most poorly wrapped attys I have ever seen that still functions. Plan on replacing the atty sooner than later.

This will be a Godsend for those who were waiting for an affordable HUGE Glass tank without having the metal tip that is a real turn off for some users.
IMG_5148.jpg
IMG_5150.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread