Is the PROVARI worth it...YES and I will explain WHY. Facts, not fanyboyism. Plz Read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thezoo

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
pennsylvania
Who is irking people? The OP made a post explaining why he thought the Provari was worth it. Someone argued with invalid points. I responded to those points. No one said anywhere that anyone needs or must buy a Provari.

The folks that are guilty of irking people in my opinion are the ones that go into a thread about which device should i get the vamo the svd or mvp then throw in their vote for a device that isnt listed wherein the person who is asking the question did not include the provari because they cant or wont spend that much money file that behavior in the .... files that is whats irksome
Everytime i want to buy something i discuss it with my wife i dont have to but i do because i believe it is tbe right way to do things she doesnt have a problem with 50 to 100 dollar purchases every now and then but even used provaris cost more than that its like if you asked me if you should buy a ford ranger or a chevy s10 and i say you should get a mercedes benz its a pain in the a**

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Who is irking people? The OP made a post explaining why he thought the Provari was worth it. Someone argued with invalid points. I responded to those points. No one said anywhere that anyone needs or must buy a Provari.

The folks that are guilty of irking people in my opinion are the ones that go into a thread about which device should i get the vamo the svd or mvp then throw in their vote for a device that isnt listed wherein the person who is asking the question did not include the provari because they cant or wont spend that much money file that behavior in the .... files that is whats irksome
Everytime i want to buy something i discuss it with my wife i dont have to but i do because i believe it is tbe right way to do things she doesnt have a problem with 50 to 100 dollar purchases every now and then but even used provaris cost more than that its like if you asked me if you should buy a ford ranger or a chevy s10 and i say you should get a mercedes benz its a pain in the a**

This is a dedicated thread about why Provari are worth it. Where did you see mention of vamo, SVD or MVP? For that matter, any mention of VW. Oh yah. YOU introduced them into the thread. And the thread about Provari irked you. LOL!

Well, I recall telling you to buy Ego, given what you said you needed. You want someone to buy a Vamo? What are you? An Elitist?

jffvera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
New York
Not taking sides in any debates.

Simply seems to me this thread would have garnered more appreciation and positive responses had it been placed in the correct sub forum. A location dedicated to current and prospective Provari owners.

Continue on.

That's a reasonable comment, that makes an entirely valid point. You best vacate this thread immediately.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Golly, this thread is still arguing the pro's and con's of VW vs VV and whether a high end mod should have eGo threading? :rolleyes:

If variable wattage or ego threading is a gamechanger for you, DON"T buy a Provari. It doesn't have either and never will in the future.

The people who buy a Provari don't need or care if they have VW. Variable voltage gets you to the same spot. And if you are still using a clearomizer after purchasing a high end mod like a Provari, then you can use a 510-ego adaptor for $5.

People buy a Provari for other reasons that they place value in. Things like dependability, consistancy, reliability, repairability, durability, and life-time customer support. The things that they likely will not get from a mod manufactured in China.

Last edited:

thezoo

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
pennsylvania
glassgal:11858578 said:

This is a dedicated thread about why Provari are worth it. Where did you see mention of vamo, SVD or MVP? For that matter, any mention of VW. Oh yah. YOU introduced them into the thread. And the thread about Provari irked you. LOL!

Well, I recall telling you to buy Ego, given what you said you needed. You want someone to buy a Vamo? What are you? An Elitist?

No i have said previously in this thread that my only aversion to provary is elitism ( quite to the contrary i actually believe they are very much worth it and someday will eventually buy one when i have finished supplying my other equipment needs tanks juice etc i have 130 a month to spend and when i have full supplies i will save for one) i just have an issue with some people who are fanboys who post " get a provari" on a thread where someone is trying to decide between two sub 100 dollar devices i posted because the provari topic is always provocative because some people are bullish about their favorite device and i wanted to inform people about that issue
My personal belief is that provaries are excellent devices and i will eventually get one just pay attention to other peoples feelings and some in the privari crowd are a bit over the top thats all
As far as egos or ego threading i think you may have me confused with someone else i use kayfuns so ego threads dont matter to me i do wish that privari offers vw by the time im ready to buy one

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
No i have said previously in this thread that my only aversion to provary is elitism ( quite to the contrary i actually believe they are very much worth it and someday will eventually buy one when i have finished supplying my other equipment needs tanks juice etc i have 130 a month to spend and when i have full supplies i will save for one) i just have an issue with some people who are fanboys who post " get a provari" on a thread where someone is trying to decide between two sub 100 dollar devices i posted because the provari topic is always provocative because some people are bullish about their favorite device and i wanted to inform people about that issue
My personal belief is that provaries are excellent devices and i will eventually get one just pay attention to other peoples feelings and some in the privari crowd are a bit over the top thats all
As far as egos or ego threading i think you may have me confused with someone else i use kayfuns so ego threads dont matter to me i do wish that privari offers vw by the time im ready to buy one

You go back and read the notes again objective and then decide who was being elitist. If someone lists the REASONS why the Provari is worth ITS money, how is he being elitist, when it's pretty clear that he is trying to respond to people who want to know why the Provari costs more than Chinese mods. He wasn't starting the thread to insult Vamo, SVD, or MVP... he was DEFENDING the Provari.

And what did you do? Come right in and attack the Provari, by listing features it doesn't have. I have to ask again, if something doesn't have those features, and they are important to you, why not just buy the things that have those features? If I need a screwdriver, and someone is selling a hammer, do I ask why the hammer maker doesn't start making screwdrivers, when I can just go BUY a screwdriver?

And when I listed THE MOD that has exactly what you said you wanted... I don't know why you found that objectionable. Ego has Ego threading. Buy an Ego. Why do you want a Vamos/SVD/whatever? WHO is being 'elitist'?

I'm not Elitist, no one in their right mind can call me that. I bought a Provari, I LOVE my Provari, then ran out and bought all the other mods that were cheaper too. And, I ALSO love those mods. But the one I go back to time and again is the Provari, because despite the reasons for ANY features, they don't include the only reasons I need a mod... durability, reliability, and a good vape. Every last one of them falls short in one or another area... except the Provari. Yet everyone wants Provape to remake the Provari. Why?

Why would I not want a $600 mod, it would be better than the Provari too right? Well, if all that matters to me is durability, reliability and good vape, my criteria would be... can I throw it out the window onto concrete and pick it up and vape it? Would I do that to a $600 mod? No. Would I do that to a Provari? Yes. Why do I need a $600 mod?

Can I set it and forget it on a Provari? YES! But you know what? I set it and forget it on my Zmax too (I use VV on that as well, beats me why people need to fiddle with their VW all the time... what's the point of it then?). Will my Zmax last 3 years, then I send it in for an under $100 repair and it's as good as new? No. I LIKE my Zmax, but from what I've seen, the buttons give in less than a year (we'll see, the new zmax I got has a stainless steel button, maybe they fixed it because enough people complained)... can my Zmax vape my 1.1 ohm Kayfun coil? Nope. My Provari does... all the way up to 4.1 volts (which if I left it set to that, would burn the juice in 3 hits, so what good is that power anyway... and if I don't need the full Provari power, what use would I have for any more power?).

But I DO understand your point, and I don't participate on those threads where someone says 'get a provari' on a thread where someone is debating 2 $100 mods. They SHOULD be debating between V3 and MVP2, those are great units to start with!

When I started out, I didn't know if I'd keep vaping... and being not sure, I didn't want to spend money, then end up spending money on cigs too. I had no interest in buying more vaping stuff til I was FULLY committed to vaping (ick, what happened :facepalm: ). I wanted to test the ranges, but as cheaply as possible. So I totally get why someone would not want to start out with a Provari, and there, you are 100% right, and I agree with you.

jffvera

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
New York
You go back and read the notes again objective and then decide who was being elitist. If someone lists the REASONS why the Provari is worth ITS money, how is he being elitist, when it's pretty clear that he is trying to respond to people who want to know why the Provari costs more than Chinese mods. He wasn't starting the thread to insult Vamo, SVD, or MVP... he was DEFENDING the Provari.

And what did you do? Come right in and attack the Provari, by listing features it doesn't have. I have to ask again, if something doesn't have those features, and they are important to you, why not just buy the things that have those features? If I need a screwdriver, and someone is selling a hammer, do I ask why the hammer maker doesn't start making screwdrivers, when I can just go BUY a screwdriver?

And when I listed THE MOD that has exactly what you said you wanted... I don't know why you found that objectionable. Ego has Ego threading. Buy an Ego. Why do you want a Vamos/SVD/whatever? WHO is being 'elitist'?

I'm not Elitist, no one in their right mind can call me that. I bought a Provari, I LOVE my Provari, then ran out and bought all the other mods that were cheaper too. And, I ALSO love those mods. But the one I go back to time and again is the Provari, because despite the reasons for ANY features, they don't include the only reasons I need a mod... durability, reliability, and a good vape. Every last one of them falls short in one or another area... except the Provari. Yet everyone wants Provape to remake the Provari. Why?

Why would I not want a $600 mod, it would be better than the Provari too right? Well, if all that matters to me is durability, reliability and good vape, my criteria would be... can I throw it out the window onto concrete and pick it up and vape it? Would I do that to a $600 mod? No. Would I do that to a Provari? Yes. Why do I need a $600 mod?

Can I set it and forget it on a Provari? YES! But you know what? I set it and forget it on my Zmax too (I use VV on that as well, beats me why people need to fiddle with their VW all the time... what's the point of it then?). Will my Zmax last 3 years, then I send it in for an under $100 repair and it's as good as new? No. I LIKE my Zmax, but from what I've seen, the buttons give in less than a year (we'll see, the new zmax I got has a stainless steel button, maybe they fixed it because enough people complained)... can my Zmax vape my 1.1 ohm Kayfun coil? Nope. My Provari does... all the way up to 4.1 volts (which if I left it set to that, would burn the juice in 3 hits, so what good is that power anyway... and if I don't need the full Provari power, what use would I have for any more power?).

But I DO understand your point, and I don't participate on those threads where someone says 'get a provari' on a thread where someone is debating 2 $100 mods. They SHOULD be debating between V3 and MVP2, those are great units to start with!

When I started out, I didn't know if I'd keep vaping... and being not sure, I didn't want to spend money, then end up spending money on cigs too. I had no interest in buying more vaping stuff til I was FULLY committed to vaping (ick, what happened :facepalm: ). I wanted to test the ranges, but as cheaply as possible. So I totally get why someone would not want to start out with a Provari, and there, you are 100% right, and I agree with you.

I have no idea why you are so fiercely defending the Provari. You have one and you really like it. I am happy for you. You aren't smoking cigarettes, in the end that's all that matters. However, you seem to have this compulsive need to shout down anyone that doesn't agree with you that the Provari is the greatest device know to humankind.

It seems like everyone I know has bought a Zombie edition Provari in the last 3 months. That's fine, it looks awesome. I don't think they are stupid for getting one or made some huge mistake.

Would I buy one? Probably not. Not because I think they are garbage but for me it's not "worth it." Value can not be determined in a bubble, and you need to realize not everyone puts the same value on features that you might hold dear or vice versa. I assess value based on features available compared to features available on other devices. When I factored in the cost of a cool color, extender cap for 18650, and beauty ring I decided that I would rather spend slightly more money on a Hana Mod with a DNA20 chip. I liked the look and construction of it. I liked the ability to fire coils of a lower resistance if I choose too. I liked the multi-button layout and display chock full of information. I made the conscious decision that the Hana Mod was worth it and the Provari wasn't. My decision is not the absolute right choice for everyone, it's just the choice for me.

I am sorry if you feel this discussion doesn't fit the theme of the original post. However, as it was pointed out earlier, this was not posted in the Provari section or the VV/VW section. It was just posted in the General APV discussion. And while I appreciate the OP's well thought out and detailed explanation of his views, they are not views that I share. I have made a special effort to write all my replies in a positive non-confrontational tone, but you seem to have still taken umbrage with them or any others that don't share your exact same sentiment regarding Provari. If everyone on here had the exact same views on every device, clearomizer, battery, rba, rda or juice it would be a very boring place. Please keep that in mind for future discussions.

thezoo

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
pennsylvania
Im sorry if you think ive offended you or provari for that matter someone else mentioned ego threads not me i have no loyalties to any devices i only own 2 units have some things i love and hate about both of them my only 2 issues period are wanting vw (would still buy a provari even without vw but would prefer it with vw) the other issue is not with the device itself but with many not all of its fans ( a conversation excluding provari because of the price getting hammered with the get a provari statement i saw a post once where the op said clearly he/she could not afford the provari so please dont say get a provari that poster was askin for opinions between two units only vamo and mvp 3 or 4 posts later wouldnt you know it someone said get a provari that is all that bothers me and since this thread is about provari it will be visited by many provari owners who may be inclined to throw around the get a provari statement i want them to know how cloying that is
As i said i. Even considering one as a 1 year smoke free gift to myself once i finally stop smoking down from 3 pad to 1 pack every now and then

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Im sorry if you think ive offended you or provari for that matter someone else mentioned ego threads not me i have no loyalties to any devices i only own 2 units have some things i love and hate about both of them my only 2 issues period are wanting vw (would still buy a provari even without vw but would prefer it with vw) the other issue is not with the device itself but with many not all of its fans ( a conversation excluding provari because of the price getting hammered with the get a provari statement i saw a post once where the op said clearly he/she could not afford the provari so please dont say get a provari that poster was askin for opinions between two units only vamo and mvp 3 or 4 posts later wouldnt you know it someone said get a provari that is all that bothers me and since this thread is about provari it will be visited by many provari owners who may be inclined to throw around the get a provari statement i want them to know how cloying that is
    As i said i. Even considering one as a 1 year smoke free gift to myself once i finally stop smoking down from 3 pad to 1 pack every now and then

That'd be a good 1 yr gift! I do hope you get to that point! I hear the Provari is a fine PV to have. So far, it's quite an achievement just getting down to 1 PAD!!

I hope you can still come here and contribute and share, there are plenty places on ECF that aren't concerned with PV rivalry at all. Whatever gets you off the smokes!

thezoo

ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2013
    pennsylvania
    r77r7r:11861436 said:

That'd be a good 1 yr gift! I do hope you get to that point! I hear the Provari is a fine PV to have. So far, it's quite an achievement just getting down to 1 PAD!!

I hope you can still come here and contribute and share, there are plenty places on ECF that aren't concerned with PV rivalry at all. Whatever gets you off the smokes!

You are right it would be a fitting celebration but i still struggle with anologues who knows how long it will take

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 24, 2013
    USA
    Wow you guys are really getting your panties tangled up here.

Okay lets see...the thread title explicitly states that i am trying to avoid blind and blatant fanboyism to explain the value arguments FOR the ownership of a provari. Lets not forget that if you guys want to post in this thread....keep it civil and on point or else moderators have no problems closing a valuable thread.

So everyone, return to your respective fighting corners and take a chill pill. No one is claiming a semovar is better than provari or vice versa.
    Someone buying a semovar/dna20 mod is likely similar to a person buying a provari. An intermediate to advanced vaper who knows what he or she wants. The purpose of this thread was to show why chinese mods are simpy not in the same league as provari. The people who use chinese mods and are considering provari are my target audience.

Also, who cares about ego threading?! Just slap a $2 EGO/510 adapter on and your golden. Althoug my EVOD tanks dont vape as well on my provari....so why would you REALLY need ego threading?

Personally I vape 1.5 ohm up to 3 ohm coils. On my current 1.8dual coil setup, i am running anywhere from 3-5.5 volts depending on my flavor preference at the time. I rarey "set it and forget it". Im constantly rotating juices and toppers and dialing them in for wha suits my current need. Sometimes i want a warmer vape so i set it high. Sometimes its a long cool draw im after, so ill go low. All with the same topper in the same session. So really for me variable wattage is completely and utterly useless. I feel i am not the only one who uses in this manner? VW to me is simply a massive marketing gimmick and i find no use for it. Just my opinion though.

I find the Provari to be an 'enlightened' device.
    It shys away from flashiness and 'the next best thing' and simply performs at what it does amazingly. Its very similar to a 1969 Mustang. Not full of gimmky bells and whistles, but its a true beast and a feat of car making ingenuity. I think of the word ingenuity alot when using my provari. It brings happiness in its simplicity and sturdy structure. Its PWM blows the competitors out of the water and so does its weight and feel. Notice how almost all chinese mods try to emulate the provari in both looks and function?
    Well their function is simply no match for a provari so they tack on gimmicks like cell phone chargers and other things. Lets be honest...do we really need that stuff on a personal vaporizer?!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    You are right it would be a fitting celebration but i still struggle with anologues who knows how long it will take

Many of us started this simply as Harm Reduction, you've done that well getting down to 1 PAD. For many of us it took weeks or longer to put down those last few.

If you've been at 3PAD for many years, it might be a good thing to detox slowly.

p.opus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    Golly, this thread is still arguing the pro's and con's of VW vs VV and whether a high end mod should have eGo threading? :rolleyes:

If variable wattage or ego threading is a gamechanger for you, DON"T buy a Provari. It doesn't have either and never will in the future.

The people who buy a Provari don't need or care if they have VW. Variable voltage gets you to the same spot. And if you are still using a clearomizer after purchasing a high end mod like a Provari, then you can use a 510-ego adaptor for $5.

People buy a Provari for other reasons that they place value in. Things like dependability, consistancy, reliability, repairability, durability, and life-time customer support. The things that they likely will not get from a mod manufactured in China.

Really?!!!??? Since when did you become the official representative for ProVape? How do you KNOW that ProVape will not in the future introduce Variable Wattage or eGo cone threading?

There are logical reasons for each. You say that people who buy a Provari don't need or care if they have VW. Fine, but how many people are NOT buying the product because it's not offered. Variable Voltage is old technology. It relies on indirectly controlling output by regulating input manually. The Swiss were huge losers on the paradigm shift that quartz technology brought to the watch market. The Swiss invented quartz technology, but pooh poohed it because they felt that owners of Swiss watches wanted "workmanship" over accuracy. The Japanese took quartz technology and almost buried the Swiss. Consumers, it turned out, simply wanted accurate time pieces. The same held true for manual vs automatic transmissions.

It doesn't matter that certain buyers of the Provari don't see VW as important. It is here, it is easier, and it is not a passing fad. ProVape risks it's market share by not embracing the new technology.

Dependability, consistency, reliability etc...etc..etc.. and VW are mutually exclusive. Companies are providing these things and VW. ProVape has NEVER had competition like this before. If ProVape wants to continue to its market position, then they need to address this, pure and simple.

I don't understand your statement about "still using a claromizer" with a Provari since their own starter kit comes with a ProTank 2. Many people use the Ego base on their Pro Tank 2's because it provides better air flow. I'm not an expert, but I've been on this forum for quite a while and 510 threading has it's issues.

Just because most RDA's and other delivery systems use 510 threading doesn't make it the "best". Quite frankly I don't see why 510 is preferable? You put a large tank on a narrow neck and it just asks to be broken. I don't know if eGo threading is is the future or not, but I have seen people use eGo to 510 adapters to solve problems that are inherent to 510 threading.

But that is not the point. The point is, that ProVape is charging top dollar for it's product. The product IS getting long in the tooth. The ONLY thing they have updated is the 3.5 amperage limit and even then there were people who claimed at the time that there was no need for going over 3 amps.

History has shown time and time again that the failure to innovate often results in the downfall of the company.

Current ProVari owners are not what is going to keep ProVape's doors open. Future customers are, and when future customers are holding off on buying the product, KNOWING FULL WELL IT'S QUALITY, for lower quality product because that product offers a feature that ProVape does not....Then you need to rethink your business strategy.

Those of us who buy these "cheap" Chinese products do so, not because we expect something like an MVP, VTR, or other product to outlast a ProVari. We just know that it will take over 3 years for us to spend as much on our product as it would to buy a Provari. 5 years ago most of us were vaping KR8080D carto's and using teabags and foam to refill. Who would have thought we would be at where we are at now? Who knows where we will be 5 years from now.

It's not about "price", it's about value. If anything takes me over 3 years to get my ROI in a field as rapidly changin as Vaping is, then it's not that great a value.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    Really?!!!??? Since when did you become the official representative for ProVape? How do you KNOW that ProVape will not in the future introduce Variable Wattage or eGo cone threading?
    I never have claimed to be an official representative of Provape. However, I may have done more research into the company than you will ever do. I have followed the company since it came out with the Provari 4 years ago. I've read of their business philosophy as it pertains to vaping. I've also watched how they have progressed from version 1.0 to 2.5; if they were going to do an update to the processor it would have been with the last update, which was a merely a cosmetic change. I read this as Provape being satisfied with the current processor of using just variable voltage. Provape has even said within the last week on Facebook that there are no plans for Variable Wattage in the near future.

WHY PROVARI?

It's not about "price", it's about value. If anything takes me over 3 years to get my ROI in a field as rapidly changin as Vaping is, then it's not that great a value.

There are many who believe there is no better value for a long term APV than a Provari. If you do not see the value of a Provari, there are many other options for you to choose from. Good luck with that. :)

Last edited:

Cearamm

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 24, 2013
    USA
    P.opus....You sir, are a trolling this thread like its your job. You have nothing more of value to add. Your arguments are spiraling into nothing because they are essentially the same thing. You don't feel provape is remaining competitive, etc etc ad infinitum. My question is why do you care so vehemently?

If you dont like provape not offering VW then spend your time emailig provape and letting them know they could expand their customer base by doinG XY and Z. Perhaps that would be a more fruitful approach, because spewing it here is doing absolutely nothing.

Losing market share? Really? Their customer base is as vigorous and healthy as ever! How many new threads are posted weekly saying "just got a provari" or "im thinking of getting a provari what do you guys think?". Are these fake messages? Id argue that provapes market share is increasing because people are constantly gettig fed up these days with products that are cheap and are breaking very frequently. How many threads on broken vamos are there? Hundreds. How many new provari owners start threads because their provari crapped out after a month? Or was DOA? Zero. Why do you think that is?

Last edited:

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
    Aug 21, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    You know I have actually considered posting a thread "So which is the best - a Reo or a Provari" just to see the ensuing trash talking. There is no doubt in my mind that the Provari is a fine piece of equipment with legendary support and customer service. It has no appeal for me so I have no intention to ever buy one, but that doesn't mean I doubt its quality or feel the need to make derogatory comments about it. One of the great things about this country is freedom of choice. Another great thing is our natural right to shut up at certain times. Buy and use what you like. I am in the clone camp for financial reasons and get tired of elitest snobs who trash talk me. But fair is fair - I also get tired of the ongoing sniping of Provaris.

glassgal

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    www.azenglass.com
    Actually, I find the most amusing comment being that the Swiss watch market is clobbered by the Japanese.

Funny funny, because I still wear my Rado, while everyone I knew who bought Japanese watches are using their cell phones and no watches. heh. Amazing how buying quality works.

And other funny comment is again the cost of the Provari. Provari is THE CHEAPEST American made mod. If you can find an American made mod in EITHER VV or VW (homemade Altoid box mech mods don't count), please name it. You can name lots of American made mods that cost MORE however.

So you are picking on the equivalent of a Timex as the 'high end' mod to troll. Comon:).

p.opus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2010
    Coral Springs FL
    P.opus....You sir, are a trolling this thread like its your job. You have nothing more of value to add. Your arguments are spiraling into nothing because they are essentially the same thing. You don't feel provape is remaining competitive, etc etc ad infinitum. My question is why do you care so vehemently?

If you dont like provape not offering VW then spend your time emailig provape and letting them know they could expand their customer base by doinG XY and Z. Perhaps that would be a more fruitful approach, because spewing it here is doing absolutely nothing.

Losing market share? Really? Their customer base is as vigorous and healthy as ever! How many new threads are posted weekly saying "just got a provari" or "im thinking of getting a provari what do you guys think?". Are these fake messages? Id argue that provapes market share is increasing because people are constantly gettig fed up these days with products that are cheap and are breaking very frequently. How many threads on broken vamos are there? Hundreds. How many new provari owners start threads because their provari crapped out after a month? Or was DOA? Zero. Why do you think that is?

1. Why don't you email ProVape? I have emailed Provape. I got the standard response. There are no current plans....blah blah blah...

2. How many new ProVari owners start threads because their Provari crapped out? I saw at least three different customers complain on these threads of DOA units in the two weeks surrounding the holiday's alone. Their concerns were pooh poohed by the Provari owners as "due to high volume during the holidays"

3. ProVari zealots are quick to point out the "Made in USA" label. Basing your purchasing on some misguided sense of "patriotisim" is never a good thing.

What is absolutely astounding, is that how much anger I get from ProVari owners just because I think the company should keep up with the current state of Vaping. Variable Voltage is three years old. It's getting old. That's simple.

I have one question to ask. How many Provari owners are "exclusive" provari owners? Not many. Why is that? Because even ProVari owners like to try out "what's next". And I'm not talking about the guy who has a mech mod. I'm talking about the people who have multiple regulated mods, like ProVari, MVP, Vamo, etc....

Now imagine how many of those dollars ProVape could have gotten if they had that? Imagine if ProVape had provided a ProVari Box Mod. See that asked for quite a bit. Why did Innokin have to come up with the VTR?!!?. That would have been a slam dunk for ProVape. Even if they never put in VW into it.

I am simply stating that ProVape could make more money if it updated it's product line. Certainly they could add a VW version. Hell, I'd pay more!!!. Give me a VW Provari starting at $199.00 and I'm in boys. I have a tax return coming up. But all we see from ProVape is new paint jobs and tube designs.

I'm still evaluating my options, believe it or not. I'm still thinking about a ProVari despite my misgivings. But I get attacked because I have the audacity to mention that there are valid reasons for me not to pull the trigger???

And quite frankly the Provari Zealots have done more to disuade me than anybody. And when Pbusardo mocks Provari owners by donnig a cloak and performing rituals to the God of ProVari before he begins his review, you know that's saying something. Yes, Pbusardo "gets" it. But even he didn't mention that the device was not without it's flaws.

When I make some suggestions that ProVari update a 3 year old product, I'm basically told, that I'm not "worthy" of a ProVari because I use Mini Protank II's, that I am a Troll because I actually provide some arguments regarding total cost, ROI and feature set of a product that it's fan base thinks is beyond reproach. I mean get a grip guys.

And that's not even taking into account that in addition to the 159.00 for the base model ProVari, they want to charge me 20 bucks for a paint job, 15 bucks for a different color LED, and another 20 bucks for an extension cap. Talk about getting soaked.

And like havoc 1967 said, I...get tired of elitest snobs who trash talk me. But fair is Fair - I also get tired of the ongoing sniping of Provari's.

I won't "snipe" ProVari's any longer. But I just wonder why is it, that ProVari owners are so insecure in their purchases that they have to bash everything else out there, (while secretly buying them)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread