Is this really a no no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
So I hate this 80/20 e-juice and I decided to take my joyetech out since the coil on my other vape burnt yet again last night :mad: and I was wondering if it really is a bad idea to use that juice with this tiny coil.

98FF7D52-D07C-4A6F-B960-417BAA33327A.jpeg

Honestly I just feel like playing until I get my new rta.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
When thinning VG with water, 1ml of water will result in the same viscosity reduction as 4ml of PG. I mix 100ml 90 VG with 10 ml water and the viscosity of the final product is nearly the same as 60VG 40PG.

Taste depends upon the quality of your local water. I'd buy a gallon for about a buck.

raqball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2010
It’s 80vg and 20pg yeah. I don’t have any distilled water :( would it change the flavor?

Adding anything will change the original flavor. By how much and if it will even be noticeable is debatable...

You can also buy PG (here in the US at least) at many places over the counter or online. Your local vape shop may also keep it in stock, especially if they make their own brand of juice..

I vape 70 / 30 and never have wicking issues. Just be aware the higher PG the more throat hit you'll get from the juice... You might want to adjust wattage accordingly..

Adding a bit of distilled water may be your best bet for thinning though as already recommended..

Good luck

Reactions: KC0YNU

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
You can just try with tap water, to see if it'll help wicking. No need to make a trip to buy a gallon. You inhale tons of tap water vapor every time you shower, so a mil won't hurt you. Distilled has no minerals, though, so it won't affect your coils. So if i were you, I'd just experiment first with tap water, to see if it's something you want to do long term. I've done it. Maybe your $3 coil won't last quite as long, but....
And it depends on the dropper, but I found you'd be pretty close if you estimate 35-50 drops of water per ml.

Jwaterski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2013
OKC, OK
If it taste better using the lower wattage, higher resistance of the pen, there's you answer to the burned out coils. That juice and your preference, don't sub ohm well.. when you get your new tank and start building, keep the ohms relatively high and watts low (I would try .8 and up to 1.5 or so ohms, and 8.5 to 15 or so watts) you might be a tootle puffer and just don't know it yet!!

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
Lima, Peru
If it taste better using the lower wattage, higher resistance of the pen, there's you answer to the burned out coils. That juice and your preference, don't sub ohm well.. when you get your new tank and start building, keep the ohms relatively high and watts low (I would try .8 and up to 1.5 or so ohms, and 8.5 to 15 or so watts) you might be a tootle puffer and just don't know it yet!!

I was just about to ask about ohms. How do I do that with coils for an rta? Do I have to ask the shop for sometging specific?

Reactions: KC0YNU

FΛDED

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2017
Austin, Texas
So I hate this 80/20 e-juice and I decided to take my Joyetech out since the coil on my other vape burnt yet again last night :mad: and I was wondering if it really is a bad idea to use that juice with this tiny coil.

View attachment 786311

Honestly I just feel like playing until I get my new rta.

Try using a needle/clothes pin and poke holes in the coil head so that more juice gets to the coils. I don't vape coil heads but it was a trick we used at a shop I worked at if wicking and thick juices gave us a problem. Good luck.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Try using a needle/clothes pin and poke holes in the coil head so that more juice gets to the coils. I don't vape coil heads but it was a trick we used at a shop I worked at if wicking and thick juices gave us a problem. Good luck.
    Yeah, I found that a hypo works great, if you have one. A poke in each side hole a poking the inside from the top and fluff that cotton up. Sure rather fuss with a gurgle. Priming hits work on most of my coils also. I also like to break the vacuum but I don't think that the Zenith allows for that.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Yes, after watching a few I think I’m gonna stick to buying pre built. I don’t think I’ll be able to find the wire here :(
    Do I remember correctly that you're getting a rebuildable tank from a vape shop? If the shop sells rebuildable tanks, they should also have (or be able to get) wire.

Oh, and once you get a build you're happy with, you can use it for a long time. When it gets gunky, you pull out the wicking, dry-burn & rinse the coil, and install new wicking. The coil itself doesn't need to be changed out very often.

PatVapes

Dec 11, 2018
    Lima, Peru
    Do I remember correctly that you're getting a rebuildable tank from a vape shop? If the shop sells rebuildable tanks, they should also have (or be able to get) wire.

Oh, and once you get a build you're happy with, you can use it for a long time. When it gets gunky, you pull out the wicking, dry-burn & rinse the coil, and install new wicking. The coil itself doesn't need to be changed out very often.

That’s right, I’ll ask them when I go to buy the tank. I want to make a smart purchase so I’ll continue looking for other tank options while I keep on testing my drop in coils.

I think I’m okay with installing the pre built coils and wick, but I don’t know if I want to actually make my own coils. I don’t want my mod to explode on my face or something :( lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread